good deal on a disc?

The cylinder is almost worth that.

13' would be a load for most of our tractors. But it is a heck of a deal if you need a disk. Also could remove a blade or two from each side to narrow down the swath.....but it still would be hard to maneuver in the areas I use a disk. That's where a smaller, 3 point, mounted disk shines. ;)

Still......fix the needed stuff.....and put some fresh paint on that disk....and it may be worth about $1000 in spring. ;)

13' would be a load for most of our tractors. But it is a heck of a deal if you need a disk. Also could remove a blade or two from each side to narrow down the swath.....but it still would be hard to maneuver in the areas I use a disk. That's where a smaller, 3 point, mounted disk shines. ;)

Still......fix the needed stuff.....and put some fresh paint on that disk....and it may be worth about $1000 in spring. ;)
I paid a grand for that exact model 2 years ago. My IH 666 pulls it well unless the ground gets wet and then there are issues, but should not be turning dirt then.

I paid a grand for that exact model 2 years ago. My IH 666 pulls it well unless the ground gets wet and then there are issues, but should not be turning dirt then.

If you like the disk you have......Maybe you should buy this one for parts and a spare? Good value.

You guys should NEVER EVER use a disk if its wet. There is a reason they use them on road construction. They are fantastic at creating compaction. If you are using row crops for food plots they will really suffer. They are worse than a moldboard plow for long-term soil health. There is a reason farmers parked them all in the groves and dont use them anymore.

You guys should NEVER EVER use a disk if its wet. There is a reason they use them on road construction. They are fantastic at creating compaction. If you are using row crops for food plots they will really suffer. They are worse than a moldboard plow for long-term soil health. There is a reason farmers parked them all in the groves and dont use them anymore.

What would the ideal implement be? That is true that I rarely see a disc in the fields anymore. But I would imagine that if dry, just working the top few inches would be alright.

I use the disc mainly to get my corn stubble chopped up better. our brush hog doesnt bust up the stalks very fine, and there is a lot of large residue.

One pass through my beans with a disc and its pretty much all chopped nicely.

Once I get things cleaned up, then I go in with the digger/chisel plow.

I get corn and beans to grow pretty nice, so I must be doing something right. :)

Chisel plow, but it takes a ton of horsepower to pull one if it is set very deep at all.