Glyphosate shortage and prices increase

Looks like you can still find some cheaper online.

I saw this coming last year and stocked up on all herbicides that I use. I’m probably good for 5 or more years.

Looks like you can still find some cheaper online.

Thank you. Just bought some. Felt like I was getting a steal at $69 a jug

Added a few more at $69 to pad my collection. Way cheaper than anything locally... wouldn't guarantee they'll honor it. Now back to moping on the expensive concrete remesh threads.

I tried to give you guys a heads up Aug 2, 2021
There are other key items I think are going to potentially be in short supply this year. I've been working on quietly acquiring stuff in advance of the normal demand season for just this reason. Can't tell you what those are yet.

I saw the writing on the wall last fall and picked up about 2 years worth of herbicides that I use on pre inflation prices still cost me $2500. Hopefully that will see me through the crazy but Brandon still has 3 years to screw us blind with inflation and call us dumb for not seeing what good job he is doing per his press conference last night. I cannot believe they let him go off prompter it was painful to see. With the latest attacks on him from liberal media I think they let him off prompter intentionally to start making the case to get rid of him easier for the Dems.

I tried to give you guys a heads up Aug 2, 2021
I heeded your warning specifically thank you sir.

I've been working on quietly acquiring stuff in advance of the normal demand season for just this reason. Can't tell you what those are yet.
Come on SD, help us fellow plotters/survivors out:)

There are other key items I think are going to potentially be in short supply this year. I've been working on quietly acquiring stuff in advance of the normal demand season for just this reason. Can't tell you what those are yet.

Safe bet that we will all be hosed on seed prices

bill

Don't use herbicides. Maybe FEL on tractor to lay down rye and no til into it for summer. Will see..

Iron in the fall.

Last edited:
Safe bet that we will all be hosed on seed prices

bill

Agree Bill. Next years seed prices ought to have a nice increase as input prices rise..

Come on SD, help us fellow plotters/survivors out:)
I'll give you a few easy ones. I ordered my new summer implement now, and all the replacement parts that wear out. I've been talking with the dealer for 2 months on availability, delivery etc. Get your food plot seed before the farmers know if they're going to have prevent plant, but not so soon you get previous year stock. With the way costs are going this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see lots of fields just let go vs getting cover cropped if they can't get them planted. If it seems like the pandemic is letting up and we're not quickly falling prey to a global communist state, you better get busy rounding up the stuff you couldn't get the last two years as the catching-up crowd goes back to sleep.

If we've learned anything the past two years, it's this. The dollar is garbage, and the global supply chain has an off switch. Convert that useless paper to something of durable value as fast as you can. I ordered Iodine from Amazon on January 2nd, and they haven't even committed to a ship date yet. I stopped at the major grocery store in my hood two nights ago and bought a bottle of iodine. There were 3, I bought 1, and it was 250% higher priced than amazon.

I've been crimping fall small grains for several years now and planting into the thatch. What I have found in La. is I can get away with no herbicide for spring planting into thatch. But the fall planting irrespective of how thick has enough grass and weeds to compromise planting beyond acceptability. So historically I would burn down summer plantings for fall planting.

So my plan this year is to terminate both spring and fall mixes with cattle. Aggressively graze down then drill immediately. have the cattle paying me to prepare fields instead of paying a tractor to prep fields . Get free fertilizer and herbicide as well. Intensive mob grazing.
Baker, are you going to change up your choice of forages(spring/fall) now that cattle are involved?

Baker, are you going to change up your choice of forages(spring/fall) now that cattle are involved?
Great question with the short answer being I'm not sure. My plan over the next couple planting seasons is to continue with my historical practices. But I may find we begin transitioning to more perennial plots. Nonetheless have every intention of keeping all the plots multi purpose working for both deer and cattle.

I toured BDA farms in Uniontown Al. last year. They are leaders in regenerative practices having been doing it for years. I was blown away by their pastures. Highly diverse mixes of legumes grasses, Forbes etc. When I was there in March some of the fields had already been grazed 3 time but still were full lush and full of things that deer would love. This is going to be an exciting learning curve for me.

Had to run errands this morning so stopped by Runnings on a hunch they didn't get the in-store price hike done like they had on their website.

1 gallon jugs of 41% Gly "imitator +" were on the shelf marked @ $21.99 still. I grabbed a bunch and at checkout they rung up as $39.99 ea. I pointed out the discrepancy and they honored the shelf labeled pricing. Thanks for the heads up folks!

Was back in today and saw they bumped the price up further.
E50E7A11-1B7D-45AF-AEC7-354C9B4E4E03.jpeg

Great question with the short answer being I'm not sure. My plan over the next couple planting seasons is to continue with my historical practices. But I may find we begin transitioning to more perennial plots. Nonetheless have every intention of keeping all the plots multi purpose working for both deer and cattle.

I toured BDA farms in Uniontown Al. last year. They are leaders in regenerative practices having been doing it for years. I was blown away by their pastures. Highly diverse mixes of legumes grasses, Forbes etc. When I was there in March some of the fields had already been grazed 3 time but still were full lush and full of things that deer would love. This is going to be an exciting learning curve for me.
Thanks for posting! Our family is seriously thinking about going the regenerative route. I'll be following closely.

Rural King has 2.5 gallon jugs of the 41% for 89.99 today, shelves full.