Glue Boards

PoorSand

5 year old buck +
I've been using glue boards inside buildings for years and had hardly ever caught any mice or voles on them. A few years ago, I switched to using "JT Eaton Stick-Em 157 Mighty Glue Board for Rats and Mice, Black" (available on Amazon). I replaced one of my glue boards with one of these to get a catch rate comparison. I caught thirteen mice and voles on it in the first week. I've been using these ever since.

I use J Eaton Glue boards at my home down in AZ. I place a few near my garage doors and put some throughout the house too. I do not catch any mice.....but keep an eye for any insects that. we dont want.....especially scorpions. Have not caught any of the scorpions either....but have gotten some spiders and crawly creatures in my garage traps. As we are gone for several months at a time.....these are kinda like a candle in a coal mine for me.....and cheap insurance to tell how our bug program is working.

In 'OZ".....nearly everyone pays for a spider and bug protection service. We have a "soaker hose" like system at along all the exterior studs....located a few inches off the floor (unseen-between the drywall and exterior sheathing). The system allows an outside contractor to inject some bug killer through that soaker hose set up to ward off termites or scorpions and spiders, etc. They come around every 60 days to inject the bug killer. They also spray along the perimeter of the home and around doors and other potential sites where insects could enter. That soaker hose system really works. We have never had an insect issue. (knock on wood)

Here ya go Foggy! First Pic was on the bedroom wall this morning. Inspired me to check the glue traps in the basement. Each one had a couple.

Screenshot_20240624_191732_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240624_191752_Gallery.jpg

I've been using glue boards inside buildings for years and had hardly ever caught any mice or voles on them. A few years ago, I switched to using "JT Eaton Stick-Em 157 Mighty Glue Board for Rats and Mice, Black" (available on Amazon). I replaced one of my glue boards with one of these to get a catch rate comparison. I caught thirteen mice and voles on it in the first week. I've been using these ever since.
Does it have to be the expensive boards or do the cheaper ones by JT Eaton that they call the slim boards work the same?

The cheaper ones are $1.15 each and the others are $2.50 each.

Last edited:
I was at a customers house one day and their cat sat on one of those glue boards,you talk about a cat running through the house like a scaulded ape with that board stuck to his butt

Native: I don't know. I bought my first of these at a hardware store with limited selection. I noticed that the list of critters on the label included snakes, so I figured the adhesive must be more aggressive than what I had been using, which didn't say snakes on it. Since these worked for me, I ended my search.

I notice that the ones I have say they cover over 115 square inches. It looks like the slim boards may cover about half that area. Since I have room for the big boards, I didn't check into any smaller ones.