Getting Paid to Plot!

^^^^ MO video is set to privte. ^^^^

^^^^ MO video is set to privte. ^^^^

Strange, my buddy viewed it on his computer.

Can anyone else view it?

Strange, my buddy viewed it on his computer.

Can anyone else view it?

Get the message, "Please sign in to view this video"

The very last video is not functioning. All other ones work for me.

The very last video is not functioning. All other ones work for me.

That is what I can't figure out? I didn't do anything different last night posting it than I normally do.

But there was some beer involved, so who knows........

I'm late reading this tread
but you get a 200 bucks an acre in rent WOW< that's awesome(2 acres $400 you said you got in rent + 200 an acre NO??)

here in PA< were not even close to that much, not even close to a 100 never mind 200 , MAN I wish I could get that an acre!

and nice plot too, looks like you made a hot spot there!

I'm late reading this tread
but you get a 200 bucks an acre in rent WOW< that's awesome(2 acres $400 you said you got in rent + 200 an acre NO??)

here in PA< were not even close to that much, not even close to a 100 never mind 200 , MAN I wish I could get that an acre!

and nice plot too, looks like you made a hot spot there!

We get $200 per acre for tillable on this farm in Missouri. We have other farms in Missouri we get as low as $150/acre. 4 years ago we were getting $275/acre. Some of the land I rent out in MN I only get $75/acre. Just the way it is in different areas.

The best part in Missouri is the $2/acre property taxes. I pay $30/acre taxes in MN. Go figure!

WOW I have guys here that pay like 40-45 an acre to rent GOOD farm land
didn't think there was that much of a difference in other states?
as that's a HUGE jump in prices good for you guys!

What state are you in?

PA

Very underrated way to get a late summer plot going.

Round up, then spread turnips or radish. Small seed takes in the dead thatch! Get some rain...bingo!

Great plot

I hunted this $400 plot for the first time tonight. Saw 25 deer, with a 120", 8 pointer being the biggest. Video taped a 110" and a little 6 together, I will post that video in a bit.

This plot is killer! Can't wait for cold weather! And what a size difference from a 3.5 year old deer to a 1.5 year old deer!

Last edited by a moderator:
What part of PA? Tillable rent is over double in our area compared to what you're reporting. That's a big difference.

Sorry to hijack the thread, MO.

Sorry to hijack the thread, MO.

No problem!

Cash rent has so many variables associated with price, I would wonder why it is so cheap in his area. Field size may be small, poor soil rating, real hilly, no drain tile, lots of rocks, a long ways from any elevator, no competition in the area? Could be a million reasons its cheap in the area.

I'm betting he's in the northern part of the state- less ag and generally poorer ground. We actually could get more than we are, but we have a great tenant who takes good care and pays in a timely fashion, so he is good to go as long as those things continue. One local guy who pays more seems to make enemies of his landlords quickly, so he gets the old "thanks, but no thanks."

Some guys have all the luck:) Good job!

DANGIT!!! (Aren't cameras fun?)

No problem!

Cash rent has so many variables associated with price, I would wonder why it is so cheap in his area. Field size may be small, poor soil rating, real hilly, no drain tile, lots of rocks, a long ways from any elevator, no competition in the area? Could be a million reasons its cheap in the area.
field is 100 acres, its above average on yields and has irrigation on it as well
farmer that lease's it, lease 2,000 acres in my area and thats the going rate here (have talked to several farm owners in a 60 mile radius
its just doesn't pay as much here
crops have been Potato's, corn soybeans, Oats and winter wheat over the past 20 yrs(not in that order, just what gets planted here)
OH and its flat more or less
and has water on all sides or say a 100 yrds from field, a 5 acre pond, a native trout stream and a spring feed creek, all the water on site tends to make this place green when other farms are DRY, lots of moisture in AM's from dew
Draw back is excessive crop damage, as farm is surrounded by a NO hunting land(1,000+ acres)
so, nothing to see a 100 + deer in fields every night!
and we have TRIED to thin numbers, but been a loosing game, seems as many as we kill new one's take there place! HAHA