Gas Prices

gwm

5 year old buck +
Just hit $1.99 here in town.

I don't remember the last time we were under $2.00.

$2.14 here in LaCrosse this morning. I might put just enough in to get me down there and wait until I get to Mauston to fill the tanks this weekend if it doesn't come down here in the mean time.

The lowest I can ever remember paying for gas was 57.9 a gallon. Back in those days $5 would get you a 12 pack & 1/2 tank of gas.

$1.74 here. My annual trip to PA to hunt normally cost me about $300 just in gasoline. This year my total cost was $158 for the week.

I grew up working in my father's service station. This was back when an attendant filled your tank, washed your windows and checked your oil every time. I can remember $.24 per gallon. I can also remember Dad arguing with our supplier when gas hit $.40 per gallon that nobody could afford it at that price.

Fox valley area of wi some stations have dropped to $2.19 while some are still at $2.29. Looking forward to having more cash left driving to the cabin and hunting land.

$1.79 here

$2.14 for E10 here today. I can remember paying 99 cents during some gas wars in the early 90s here.

I saw 2.09 today. Last year in December I think the lowest I saw was 1.89.

The lowest I can ever remember paying for gas was 57.9 agallon. Back in those days $5 would get you a 12 pack & 1/2 tank of gas.
When I first started driving gas was .60/gal then the oil embargo hit and it jumped to 1.30 and I thought that was bad because I was driving a 76 F-250 that got 8-10mpg, not much cruising or not much other stuff.

When I first started driving gas was .60/gal then the oil embargo hit and it jumped to 1.30 and I thought that was bad because I was driving a 76 F-250 that got 8-10mpg, not much cruising or not much other stuff.
8-10 in your truck wasn't bad. I had a 70 Buick GS with a 455 punched out .060, heads shaved .010 & a big cam. I was lucky to get 6 mpg but that thing sure did go. Gas wasn't at 57.9 then either when I got the car in 72.

I remember a going out of business sale at a local gas station and they sold it for $0.99/gallon.

That was a STEAL then (Don't remember what the normal rate was, just remember being thrilled that I paid under a buck!)

-John

The lowest I ever remember seeing was $0.89/gallon. This was in the late 90's in Northern Indiana very near the oil refineries. At that time it was even $0.99/gallon in the Chicago Suburbs but quite a bit more within the city limits.

I'm 38 and the lowest I remember is $1.29 or so. That was ~ 1994? ish? does that sound right?

I worked at a service station during the summer of '86 and pumped a lot of gas at between .87 and .93 cents a gallon. The 104 octane "race gas" we used in our snowmobiles was $1.17. I can remember back into the mid 70's when we traveled from Kenosha to Juneau Co every weekend, gas was around .59 cents a gallon.

Just paid $1.89 in Beloit

Snow coming down and starting to stick.

I paid .99 in 2002 in Paducah ky.

I didn't think I would ever pay this price again.

Cheapest gas I ever bought was 29.9. You could go a long way in a 67 Chevelle for a few dollars. $1.89 here now.