GardePro's new white flash cam

Tamarack

5 year old buck +
$126 with their 10% coupon. Trailcampro also has them. Any company w/out a white flash is left in the dark. Or something like that.

A white flash camera is the last thing in the world I would want to buy. My first cams were white flash, and they sent every animal that walked in front of them running for their lives. I read where the company says, "The burst of bright light startles and alerts individuals and animals to the camera's presence, potentially deterring unwanted activity." That would be fine if it didn't also deter wanted activity - like the booner that has now fled to live on the neighbor's property. It also seems to me that trespassers would love this cam. It would tell them where it is so they could steal it.

I think maybe the older cams were like that, maybe from the sound they made or maybe just from the way the flash was back them, I don't know. My Cuddebacks and Coverts are all white flash and I get multiple pictures of them just standing around. Nowadays most are LED's too- the only way to do videos at night. See my various videos here: https://www.youtube.com/@wildlifevideoz/videos

I get many of them looking at and even investigating the cameras, but they do that with my ir and black flash too. Predators are the only ones I've seen being startled by the white led videos especially yotes and especially at first, but even they have gotten used to them. The only cameras I didn't get that reaction right away was from ErEagle's and I don't know if it's the type of light/bulbs they use or if the yotes were just used to my other ones so didn't care. Usually if I move one of those others they startle them at first though.

I agree with you on trespassers or if you're on public land, but I don't need to worry about that. Although it's possible someone trespassing and seeing flashes going off may think twice about trespassing? I'm not a trespasser so can't even get into the mind of them 😆

Last edited:
I think maybe the older cams were like that, maybe from the sound they made or maybe just from the way the flash was back them, I don't know. My Cuddebacks and Coverts are all white flash and I get multiple pictures of them just standing around. Nowadays most are LED's too- the only way to do videos at night. See my various videos here: https://www.youtube.com/@wildlifevideoz/videos

I get many of them looking at and even investigating the cameras, but they do that with my ir and black flash too. Predators are the only ones I've seen being startled by the white led videos especially yotes and especially at first, but even they have gotten used to them. The only cameras I didn't get that reaction right away was from was ErEagle's and I don't know if it's the type of light/bulbs they use or if the yotes were just used to my other ones so didn't care. Usually if I move one of those others they startle them at first though.

I agree with you on trespassers or if you're on public land, but I don't need to worry about that. Although it's possible someone trespassing and seeing flashes going off may think twice about trespassing? I'm not a trespasser so can't even get into the mind of them 😆
My favorite cam right now is the one in the link below. I've been using them for quite a while and love them. I just recently bought 2 more when Midway had free shipping. The first ones I got were from Tractor Supply. I just use the 8 MP setting, and really love the pics.

I looked up the Browning I had gotten a bit ago(my first) to see if it was still the same price. Other places at the time were at least $30 more...I even found a $6 off coupon, so $113.99.
Except for testing it at home I haven't checked to see how well it does. I have it at on one of my most active spots...so it's set for daytime only. A white led for night. Next it'll be going 24h elsewhere.
https://freedomusasales.com/collections/browning-game-trail-cameras/products/spec-ops-elite-hp4

My favorite cam right now is the one in the link below. I've been using them for quite a while and love them. I just recently bought 2 more when Midway had free shipping. The first ones I got were from Tractor Supply. I just use the 8 MP setting, and really love the pics.

You like those brownings more than your reconyx?

I have a handful of dark ops cams and the battery life and detection circuits have been fantastic but they are all the cheapest revs of the dark ops line and night pics leave a lot to be desired. The other thing I noticed is that like many cameras, they have an audible filter clunk when changing between standard and IR (night time) filters. Sometimes that clunk is not appreciated by deer. I like the idea of the browning Patriot or DCL (dual camera lens) models that have a lens for day and one for night so each should be optimized and you can avoid the filter clunk.

You like those brownings more than your reconyx?

I have a handful of dark ops cams and the battery life and detection circuits have been fantastic but they are all the cheapest revs of the dark ops line and night pics leave a lot to be desired. The other thing I noticed is that like many cameras, they have an audible filter clunk when changing between standard and IR (night time) filters. Sometimes that clunk is not appreciated by deer. I like the idea of the browning Patriot or DCL (dual camera lens) models that have a lens for day and one for night so each should be optimized and you can avoid the filter clunk.
I like paying a lot less and still getting the job done. The Hyperfire is not a good replacement for the HC600, which was one of the best cameras ever made.

Sample video clips from the GardePro in my backyard. Detection sensitivity set on high- blowing vegetation didn't set it off even once. Looks good to me, will deploy it this weekend. My first GardePro... my second camera(1st is Blackgate) with the side sensors that I like for video- time will tell if the GardePro's works the same way.

Cellular version too, although the description also says "no glo ir". The one pictured looks different from the non-cellular so either that's the way it is or an ir is pictured. Of course I've sent out an email to ask.
Data plans may make more sense compared to Spartan's.
https://gardeproshop.com/products/gardepro-cellular-trail-camera-x20-wf

And a wi-fi with rechargeable battery:
https://gardeproshop.com/products/g...a-e8pwf-with-rechargeable-battery-white-flash

Last edited:
The cellular is just white flash.. they've corrected the description. I asked Trailcampro about carrying it and unfortunately they are not at this time. It would be nice to just have to deal with them if there's a problem with a cam.

I like paying a lot less and still getting the job done. The Hyperfire is not a good replacement for the HC600, which was one of the best cameras ever made.

Native, what don't you like about the Hyperfire 2? We have a couple of the cell versions and they perform well and don't seem to spook deer like Spartans. We change the flash output to medium so they are totally invisible like the HC600. I'm a huge HC600 fan too, especially since some of mine are over a decade old and still rocking.

Native, what don't you like about the Hyperfire 2? We have a couple of the cell versions and they perform well and don't seem to spook deer like Spartans. We change the flash output to medium so they are totally invisible like the HC600. I'm a huge HC600 fan too, especially since some of mine are over a decade old and still rocking.
I just don’t like the fact that the flash isn’t completely invisible on the new ones. It seemed like a step backwards from the HC600s.

I just don’t like the fact that the flash isn’t completely invisible on the new ones. It seemed like a step backwards from the HC600s.

Agreed. I talked to a tech at Reconyx and the medium output setting on the Hyperfire 2's is equal to the HC600 output

Agreed. I talked to a tech at Reconyx and the medium output setting on the Hyperfire 2's is equal to the HC600 output

When they say equal, do they mean completely invisible and able to illuminate the same distance as the HC600? I read a review on one of the big cam sale places, and they never mentioned anything about that.

When they say equal, do they mean completely invisible and able to illuminate the same distance as the HC600? I read a review on one of the big cam sale places, and they never mentioned anything about that.

"The wavelength of light used in these is comparable to your HC-600 cameras".

Video samples from the woods...or creek:

Different camera- the cellular version- they're small files. Looks a bit better on the phone.

The main reason for getting the cellular one is that I can actually set it for 30 sec etc videos. Unlike Spartan's etc. Currently just have it set for videos so each one is sent like the video above.

Last post on this. Here's a sample of their HD videos sent via cell:

I would like to know though if anyone has used any of their cams with the battery packs. Currently on Amazon the WiFi white flash with a pack has a $30 off coupon available. I don't see extra packs for sale there but maybe a solar panel would make more sense anyway...if there's sun.

I do wish these were as cheap as the ones discussed in the other, long, thread though 😲