game laws" IF YOU COULD"

I wish the season would open and close on the same day statewide without any no hunting days thrown in there, and when it opened it opened for everything, ie. gun, bow, muzzleloader, whatever. If they want to control the population that can easily be done by bag limits alone. I know few on these boards will agree with me, but I much prefer to hunt with the most lethal (humane) weapon possible. I cringe when I hear about a bow hunter tracking a deer for miles when the same shot placement with a rifle would have dispatched the deer in a much quicker fashion. Before everyone gets mad, I know you can have quick kills with a bow. In my opinion it doesn't happen as consistently as with a rifle. And for those who say a bow is more sporting, you can wait till a deer gets within 5 yards or so with any weapon you choose. Before the hate posts come in, I fully support you being able to hunt the way you want even if that is throwing a rock. Rifle is just my preference.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I use to hunt a lot in PA and don't miss anything in PA when it comes to hunting. Hands down the worse state game laws I have ever encountered. The ones they enforce are stupid and the ones they don't enforce should be. I once had a warden tell me he could write a ticket for hunting near an oak tree that was dropping acorns. He said it was hunting over bait. I have been very close to wardens in three different states, some are my best fiends. They are supper hard working and do a lot more than most realize. However, PA is one screwed up state when it comes to game laws and enforcement!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Continuing with my PA rant, if I lived there and were within a 2 hour drive of WV, MD, OH, or NY I would hunt those states before I spent one cent on hunting in PA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PA deputies around me were really bad. I had several that were related that harassed me and others for a good number of years. Seems they wanted the area all to themselves so they just harassed everyone to death. I didn't give in though and they learned I was just a little better so they moved on down the road. LOL. I think they let way too many become deputies and some certainly abused the duties. I think that situation has changed some now. As far as what I'd like changed here in NY and I think the law would agree 100%, would be to make spotlighting for deer and bear illegal.

For Wisconsin:

-start with eliminating all the "special rights" the Indians are given for hunting and fishing. Absolutely no reason for them to be able to shine with a high powered spot light and shoot with a high powered rifle at any point to kill anything.

-ban baiting state wide

-open bow season the 1st weekend in september

-get rid of the "cross bows for all" rule. only for over 65 and disabled.

- ban shining deer with spotlights

-give out more bear tags

-open season on wolves

-Let counties decide by vote if there should be APRs

actually enforce all those rules

Remove the ridiculous rule in WI that does not allow taking a deer with a blackpowder revolver in the muzzleloader only season. A blackpowder revolver, even though it does not technically load through the muzzle, is a helluva lot more "primitive" than the scoped, in-line, guns they allow, just because they load through the "muzzle" of the gun...............stupid!

WI - put wolves in the same category as coyotes, landowner can shoot as many as they want anytime. X10 the amount of bear tags available. It takes forever to get a bear tag and their are a ton of bear around the north woods.