Game Fair in Ramsey MN!

M

MoLandOwner

I am going today with a buddy. First time for me. Anyone been there? Is it worth it?

Been there quite a few times and I live an hour away. I think it is worth it. Bring your bow and shoot the 3D range. Never had to wait when I would shoot it. Might be hot though. Plenty of vendors selling all kinds of stuff. I have always gone with my son.

I am going to miss it this year and am a little disappointed.

I think I'm going to bring my almost 3 year old girl and 6 year old girl tomorrow morning early before it gets hot. I've brought my oldest the last couple of years and she likes to look at all the puppies and watch the dogs jump and retrieve. (Closest she's going to get to a dog around our house!)
Found a cool vendor from southern MN a few years ago that made a custom sign for me for my Man Cave.

I will be at the aerial archery by shotgun flurry most of the day. But they don't sell beer here MO.

Brooks, I was there until 3, looked for you with no luck.o_O​

I will be at the aerial archery by shotgun flurry most of the day. But they don't sell beer here MO.

I was there, where were you?

It was so fricken hot by 1pm, we left. But not after spending a pile on new layout blinds and decoys! :mad: They caught this sucker today!

Left att 2.45 been fixing arrows since and just threw some chicken on the grill
Back tomoro at 9 am

It was so fricken hot by 1pm, we left. But not after spending a pile on new layout blinds and decoys! :mad: They caught this sucker today!

Those geese are gonna be in some deep doo doo now! ;)

"It was so hot today.....I saw a robin dipping his worm in Nestea." - Johnny Carson

"It was so hot today.....I saw a robin dipping his worm in Nestea." - Johnny Carson

Man are you old!;)

Johnny Carson??????? Is he some old-school deer hunter or something?

I'm joking, I know who Johnny Carson is/was. Just thought I would rub it in a little bit!

Mo, you a big waterfowler? My boy got me started a few years ago and we did it for about 2 years and it was a lot of fun. He is off to school now and it just isn't the same for me. I always wanted to go out that direction and hit the snow in the conservation season just to do it one time. I still really prefer hunting over water, even thought we don't have a dog. I just like the interaction with the birds with the flagging and calling and the like. We only really get the canada geese, mallards and woodies here and 99% of it is layout hunting.

Mo, you a big waterfowler? My boy got me started a few years ago and we did it for about 2 years and it was a lot of fun. He is off to school now and it just isn't the same for me. I always wanted to go out that direction and hit the snow in the conservation season just to do it one time. I still really prefer hunting over water, even thought we don't have a dog. I just like the interaction with the birds with the flagging and calling and the like. We only really get the canada geese, mallards and woodies here and 99% of it is layout hunting.

We try the MN early season for geese. Usually have enough friends to pound 50-100 geese from the sky. I have never had time to hunt much until the past 5 years. So I hope to get into it more.

We try the MN early season for geese. Usually have enough friends to pound 50-100 geese from the sky. I have never had time to hunt much until the past 5 years. So I hope to get into it more.
The group we hunt with is pretty relaxed and I really enjoy the social part of it. I'm not used to that as I typically hunt alone or am hunting a critter where you have to be quiet all the time. It can also means lots of shooting - and I like lots of shooting!!! I don't hit much, but that doesn't keep me from trying!

The group we hunt with is pretty relaxed and I really enjoy the social part of it. I'm not used to that as I typically hunt alone or am hunting a critter where you have to be quiet all the time.
I grew up waterfowling with a great group of die-hard family members and friends and since I gave it up this^^^ is what I truely miss the most. Sitting in a boat or blind drinking coffee and eating danish while BSing and scanning the horizon for incoming birds at the break of daylight is a true "hunting camp" atmosphere no matter where you hunt.

I had a few special hunts with my boy waterfowling that I am sure neither of us will ever forget. We would just sit there over our spread and watch the sun come up and sometimes not say a word. Sometes we sweat to death sometimes we would freeze but just being out and watching the beginning or end of the day was enough. We killed more geese over 2 ( yep only 2) floating goose decoys than anything else. Good times!

I did allot of bird hunting in the 60's and 70's. Duck hunting at some of the old market hunter lakes in southern mn was really a hoot. Duck and pheasant hunting is such a 'gentlemen's sport". Lotsa fun with good friends. Man we were spoiled with great hunts. Sadly......that kind of bird hunting doesn't exist in MN anymore tho.

Foggy, I'm not sure whether I should like that post or not? I love the first part, sounds like great times. Pretty hard to like the last half of that post though.:(