All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun Video Compilation

bigbendmarine

5 year old buck +
Sharing a video I put together of some of the more interesting game camera captures I've had over the past few years. Though mostly done for fun, think it also speaks to how much more of a story video captures tell versus still-photos alone. When I moved to Florida, NEVER would have guessed that such wildlife diversity existed less than 20 miles from the Capital steps. Hope a few other forum members enjoy. :)

Cool video. Duran Duran was an interesting touch!

Cool video. Duran Duran was an interesting touch!
Can't say that I listen to much Duran Duran nowadays, but for some reason that particular song popped up in my head when I was wondering what "wild" song might fit. Lol! On the other hand, give anything if I had been lucky enough to capture about 30 more Mexican standoffs so I could have only used the "Good, Bad, and the Ugly" theme. Love it!

Cool video, thanks for posting.

What model browning camera you using?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

What model browning camera you using?
Strike Force. I like them fairly well...compact size, good camo pattern, and decent video. Only negative I've had is filters sticking from time to time leaving me with pitch black night videos. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it sure is a let down finding a card full of blank nighttime videos.

Cool compilation! Tks for sharing! That is one diverse eco system!

Great video! Thanks for sharing!!

I'm impressed with all of the different animals you have gotten in your woods, especially the north Florida bear.

I'm impressed with all of the different animals you have gotten in your woods, especially the north Florida bear.
Didn't focus on the bears too much in the video but have quite a healthy population visit our place, especially considering the moderate size of our parcel (112 acres) and proximity to much more heavily populated Tallahassee. Have a big male visit often, as well as a couple of females and both the females have cubs. Pond on our parcel draws them in from surrounding plantation land that doesn't have very many watering holes.

While we're less than 20 miles from Tallahassee, CRAZY blessed in that my parcel lies against a plantation that puts a completely uninhabited 3 mile buffer between us and town. Also blessed that 50 or so wooded acres that I have that border the pond include a fair number of mature swamp chestnut oaks that prove a heavy draw to lots of wildlife in the years the oaks have a productive drop.

Great video.... Solid bucks, pigs, bear.... I thought that doe was going to drop her fawn right in front of the camera! I felt a little bad for the bobcat. Kind of unusual for a leg injury on a cat?

-John

Great video.... Solid bucks, pigs, bear.... I thought that doe was going to drop her fawn right in front of the camera! I felt a little bad for the bobcat. Kind of unusual for a leg injury on a cat?

-John
I was wondering if it was bit by a snake or something.

I was wondering if it was bit by a snake or something.
Quite possible... no shortage of venomous snakes around... video of the bobcat was captured about 20 yards from the edge of my pond, and it's got lots of these in it.

And no shortage of these around either, and this one was within 50 or so yards of the pond... came darn close to stepping on it.

Great vid. But snakes, I don't need!

Awesome job on the video!

And no shortage of these around either, and this one was within 50 or so yards of the pond... came darn close to stepping on it.

How did you get him to sit on the table so nicely?

:emoji_astonished::emoji_rolling_eyes::emoji_thinking:

How did you get him to sit on the table so nicely?

:emoji_astonished::emoji_rolling_eyes::emoji_thinking:

With a little help from my friend Mr. Ruger (SR22). :emoji_slight_smile:

ShotPlacement.jpg

Wasn't nearly as challenging as getting this one to sit still on top of one of my tall tractor tires while I checked its pupils and nostrils to verify it was a bad guy (or gal as the case may be). :emoji_wink:

Evil Eye.jpg

Swerved 3 times today running the back roads in Port Charlotte. Once for a snake, a tortoiseand a snapping turtle.

Florida has some reptiles.

Took a walk the other day on a local nature trail.
Mom always goes up front. But after meeting a local she let me take the lead. :emoji_thinking:
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Smart woman, Bill! Don't know if MO qualifies or not but are y'all snowbirds (spend a good bit of time down this way during the cooler months) or just vacationing? For those really far north we call them yankees / or dayum yankees when they come down and stay for too long. :emoji_wink: