All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel transfer pump

ghilliehunter

5 year old buck +
Habitat members, I want to fill a tractor from 5 gallon fuel cans with a transfer pump while leaving the cans on the ground. Plenty of options lifting the jug equal to the height of the tractor hood, but I don't want to do that, even using the loader. Need to be able to pump to a height of 5 feet. Preferably battery or 12 volt powered. Anyone else have a set up that works? Thanks.

Last edited:
Pic of what I've used before, just won't pump high enough.
Screenshot_20200514-113737_Chrome.jpg

But it’s only for diesel. No gasoline

You didnt specify price. Thats 15 gallon but it might screw on to a five gallon can.
C0EFA7AC-48BB-49B1-BB32-FACEB6D0E586.jpeg

Northern tool has a portable one. I don’t have one just remembered seeing them.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200805584_200805584
We have a similar unit at work to run fuel from the shop to a tractor that never comes home. 55 gal drum and a pickup. Its not perfectly clean, but it gets the job done.

Take a battery with you or just hook it to your pickup battery with alligator clips and power it that way.

Not sure of your situation, but breaking down and getting a 100 gallon tank with a 12V pump was the best money I have spent. Dealing with 5 gallon cans was killing me. Load the tank on the truck when needed, drive in and fill it up.