Fruit trees in bloom

Rit

5 year old buck +
For those of you that are really experienced in fruit trees if the tree is in bloom and just happens to get pollinated does this mean that the tree can set fruit that growing season?

I can’t stop anywhere with out inspecting almost all fruit trees I come in contact with. I’ve have seen quite a bit of potted trees mostly apple and pear that are in bloom or about to bloom. Some have already lost their flowers.

For example today I was at Home Depot to pick up some hardware so I strolled into the tree section. They had a dozen or so Kieffer pear trees that had almost 1” trunks and most of them had flowers or already had dropped them. The trees looked quite a bit older than they should have to be in those pots. They had leafed out already.

For those of you that are really experienced in fruit trees if the tree is in bloom and just happens to get pollinated does this mean that the tree can set fruit that growing season?
Yes

Reactions: Rit
Thanks that’s what I thought. I didn’t buy any because I have already bought 3 box store Kieffer’s but that was tempting.