Fruit trees flowers

Bill Loser

5 year old buck +
So I just planed my first apple and pear trees this year( 3 weeks ago) . They are budding right now. My question is, do i pick any flowers off them as I see them this year? I assume so , so the trees don't waste any energy ?

I picked them off first year and second year. I wanted roots and wood to get them started good. I didn't see a reason to sacrifice that for an early fruit or two.

Pick off all the flowers?

Yes pinch them off Bill. What did you plant?

Nothing too exciting, 3 red delicious, 3 braeburn and 2 pears . I don't even know what kind of pear tree they are. They were called conservation trees as they had weird branch growth. Not sure what was weird about them but...... They are all full of flowers right now . Wasn't sure how many I could pull without hurting them.

Funny you posted this. It reminded me of a young Liberty I let have too many apples last year. I just went out and looked at it. There were quite a few blossoms coming, so I pinched a bunch. You won't hurt them, just try to pinch the blossoms without pinching the surrounding leaves.

Where did you get the apples from? I don't know much about them but I do know Braeburn are suited for warmer climates, not sure the apples will mature up your way. Just leave them and see what they do I guess.

I got the trees from a place near me called sustainable wildlife habitats. I confess I never looked into the zone for the trees. These were just what he had available in the conservation trees. I guess we will see how they do!