Fruit tree id?

Dan Maranto

Yearling... With promise
This tree is right on the driveway at our place, and the last 2 years it has been loaded with fruit. Last summer I tried keeping a close eye on them, to try one when they were ripe, but once they ripened, it seemed as if overnight they were eaten. Only the pits left all over the ground.

2nbrtdj.jpg

zso1gk.jpg

34ooh2w.jpg

They look like some sort of small peach, have the fuzz that peaches have, and the pits look like a peach, but they don’t get normal peach size.

It is loaded with fruit again, so I’m curios as to what y’all think it is

peach, you could net the tree keep the critters from eating them before they get ripe, then get out the cobbler recipe..........

Maybe a seedling peach. My folks have some by their old compost pile. Small but worth eating some years.

Will deer eat them? I want to say they do, because the quickness in which the whole trees fruit is gone

Will deer eat them? I want to say they do, because the quickness in which the whole trees fruit is gone

They probably would. Anything that would eat briers, poison ivy and live birds would probably eat a peach.

Ive always heard them called Indian peach but they are probably just “feral” ones the sprouted of the pits of an improved variety and went wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk