Friendly warning about big box store trees

Obviously you can't comprehend what you read Pal . You like to twist words around into fake statements that I NEVER said. For example I Never once said " ALL are snobs" I clearly said 95 % are ,but you must be too ignorant to understand that 95 % doesn't mean EVERYONE.

Good luck in appeasing the 95 % tree snob club...You're well on your way to becoming a member
You seem to be a very angry person, I hope it is not because all the stress coming from current events and you are well. I hope you enjoy your tree's flowering this spring where ever they came from...

TSC Keiffer, started producing second year and has been a heavy producer ever since and keeps on growing taller. Five years in the ground for me now.
Sometimes it works out.

oU8Kaft.jpg

TSC Keiffer, started producing second year and has been a heavy producer ever since and keeps on growing taller. Five years in the ground for me now.
Sometimes it works out.

oU8Kaft.jpg
My Menards Kieffer’s have been in the ground almost a year and are loaded with flowers. I had some leaves and flowers that were zapped by the freeze we recently had but they look well on their way to making pears.

I've had great luck with enterprise apple and kieffer pears from lowes.

Obviously you can't comprehend what you read Pal . You like to twist words around into fake statements that I NEVER said. For example I Never once said " ALL are snobs" I clearly said 95 % are ,but you must be too ignorant to understand that 95 % doesn't mean EVERYONE.

Good luck in appeasing the 95 % tree snob club...You're well on your way to becoming a member

Okay Richard Head, keep your charm offensive up. You keep demonstrating the old adage ... better to remain silent and thought a azzhat, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt ...

of all the hills to die on in life, i didn't figure anyone would pick "day of the week to ship trees" as one of them

Apparently he's pretty adamant about it.

In a productive conversation, there should be room for other opinions, not just echoes of your own.

In case people weren’t sure, there is a message button you can click on to have a private conversation. That way all of the other members on here don’t have to watch the train fall off of the tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not taking sides in this debate, I am just mentioning that there is another approach to cheap trees that has worked for me. Whether it is right for anyone else, I don't know.

In the past, I ordered a boxful of grafted bareroot whips on standard in bulk from Turner & Sons Nursery for just a few bucks each, plus shipping. Some had root systems I really liked; some others I didn't. I culled the minority of ones I didn't like and friends, neighbors, and relatives asked for them. I gave those to them for free. They were very happy to have something rather than nothing. The whips I did keep more than doubled in height their first year.

There are other nurseries like that out there.

...chuckling to myself...

lol too funny............. their just trees ... whether you get them for free or pay a grand for them ... they are just trees

Life is to short to loose a nut over a stick of wood...

My wife just bought 2 cherry trees and a Bosc pear tree from a near local Amish nursery for 23 bucks each they appear to be potted 2 year trees.

I took scion and hopefully made 9 more trees out of that pear.... so at 2.30 a tree average with that initial investment for that one tree of 23 bucks cash (excluding the cherry trees) and while I like making trees for near free - I will pay a higher price for a tree If I want it and dont care where I get it from. Im kind of all over the place with my tree buying and tend not to judge others for their purchase habits.

I think its more about how the trees are handled before the sale then it is about where you bought them to be honest.

I just want to know am I in or out of the 95% club? - , or in the 5% grouping ? ... or are there more sub categories...

I just wanna belong ...

lol too funny............. their just trees ... whether you get them for free or pay a grand for them ... they are just trees

My wife just bought 2 cherry trees and a Bosc pear tree from a near local Amish nursery for 23 bucks each they appear to be potted 2 year trees.

I took scion and hopefully made 9 more trees out of that pear.... so at 2.30 a tree average with that initial investment for that one tree of 23 bucks cash (excluding the cherry trees) and while I like making trees for near free - I will pay a higher price for a tree If I want it and dont care where I get it from. Im kind of all over the place with my tree buying and tend not to judge others for their purchase habits.

I think its more about how the trees are handled before the sale then it is about where you bought them to be honest.

I just want to know am I in or out of the 95% club? - , or in the 5% grouping ? ... or are there more sub categories...

I just wanna belong ...

When you get right down to it in the long run what really matters for those that graft is the trees unique combination of genes;a giant tree of course helps but adding trees with characteristics that help us meet our goals are priority one or at least it is for me. And free or cheap isn't so bad either if they are a plus to one's property.

I just wanna belong ...

Well, for me to become a memeber, all it took was admitting I had a problem and asked for help .... appleitis.

My sponsor for recovery in Sandbur, I am sure someone will adopt you :emoji_grinning:

I just wanna belong ...

Everybody is in. No club.

But if a Mod deletes your posts you may want consider why before making them do it again.

Just sayin.

Everybody is in. No club.

But if a Mod deletes your posts you may want consider why before making them do it again.

Just sayin.

Somebody ought to look into that Sandbur guy.... That whole crabapple timeline thread and now this Bucksnort Franken tree post ... He's been up to no good for way to long!

Well, for me to become a memeber, all it took was admitting I had a problem and asked for help .... appleitis.
My sponsor for recovery in Sandbur, I am sure someone will adopt you :emoji_grinning:

Im beyond help with the fruit trees .... and as for Sandbur - Im already a convert to his way of crab apple thinking. Im still an apple guy but crabs have leaped up to pretty much a tie. Everyone is in a different place when it comes to trees - its gotta work for them and thats all that matters - a little help here advice there and a tip or two ... some good scion trades or pointing out a deal or two for fencing - a little verbal sparring and maybe some horticulture sensitivity training and its all good here!