Fresh Snow...Time to Track (pic heavy)

I just got some snow and plan to use it for some post season scouting as well.

Wonderful pics Natty! We got maybe a half inch today so I got the beagles out in it for a while. I love to run rabbits in the snow.
Beautiful country you hunt in too.

Thanks Merle. I have a buddy who has a beagle. He is due here in about an hour. Going to get out and run some rabbits this AM...well actually we have mostly snowshoe hares here, but we call them rabbits. A lot of fun!

I just got some snow and plan to use it for some post season scouting as well.

Awesome j-bird. You can definitely learn a lot doing some post-season scouting in the snow. Many of my tracking days afield DURING the season are nothing more than scouting trips with a gun in my hand...loud and crunchy...I know I'll never see a deer, but I can certainly learn a thing or two about them.

Good luck on the rabbits, Natty. Snow gives a different look to the landscape and it just seems peaceful in the winter woods / fields.

Awesome j-bird. You can definitely learn a lot doing some post-season scouting in the snow. Many of my tracking days afield DURING the season are nothing more than scouting trips with a gun in my hand...loud and crunchy...I know I'll never see a deer, but I can certainly learn a thing or two about them.
I tend to take a shotgun in case I find some squirrels or kick up a rabbit or two. I kicked up 2 deer, but season on them here has been closed since the first sunday in January. I took a bunch of pictures and posted them on my land tour. Nothing "oh my gosh" type stuff but I did get some confirmation that one of my hinging projects is working and found some beds where I didn't expect as well.