Ford 905 Posthole digger value?

eclipseman

5 year old buck +
All,
Near me, post hole diggers brand new go anywhere from 900$ (with auger bit) up to 1500$ for the models id be interested in. I have also been looking at the used market and many come up as "like new" and the person is asking like 90% new cost. Id rather just go new if that were the case but one just came up for 400$. It is a Ford 905 model. It has a new auger bit (9in) and a new PTO shaft. The paint is well warn on the unit itself (minus the newer auger and the PTO shaft). The seller claims it runs perfect but they purchased a Post Hole digger for their skidsteer and no longer need this one. They are asking 400$ firm. What are your thoughts on this? If it is an ok deal, what should we check other than visually seeing it run? We only need a unit to dig 100-150 posts and then we are done and will never dig posts again (except maybe to fix or replace those posts we are putting in at a future date decades from now lol) Thanks! We have check locally for rentals and that would cost way to much since our plan is to do this over many weekends and nights over this summer.

I think $400 is a fair price if it works correctly, but if anything breaks things could get expensive in a hurry.

How much would it cost to hire someone to come out and dig the holes for you with their equipment?

I think $400 is a fair price if it works correctly, but if anything breaks things could get expensive in a hurry.

How much would it cost to hire someone to come out and dig the holes for you with their equipment?
We were quoted anywhere from 35-75$ a post. We are doing between 100-160 posts so we are talking 3500-12,000$ for someone else to do it lol which is insane when we can do it for the cost of posts and our time. We have a tractor and we have the time. No rush to get it done as the horse won’t be here until next summer. Even if we do a few posts here and there and it takes us all summer no big deal.

I'm guessing the guy who quoted $35-$75 per post didn't want the business too bad. That's a crazy price since it only takes a minute to dig a hole with the right equipment.

I think the $400 for the used model is a good price if they can fire it up and show you that it works as it's supposed to.

I'm guessing the guy who quoted $35-$75 per post didn't want the business too bad. That's a crazy price since it only takes a minute to dig a hole with the right equipment.

I think the $400 for the used model is a good price if they can fire it up and show you that it works as it's supposed to.
No that range of 35-75 was 5 different quotes. One guy said 35-40. The other 4 were in the 50-75 range

All,
Near me, post hole diggers brand new go anywhere from 900$ (with auger bit) up to 1500$ for the models id be interested in. I have also been looking at the used market and many come up as "like new" and the person is asking like 90% new cost. Id rather just go new if that were the case but one just came up for 400$. It is a Ford 905 model. It has a new auger bit (9in) and a new PTO shaft. The paint is well warn on the unit itself (minus the newer auger and the PTO shaft). The seller claims it runs perfect but they purchased a Post Hole digger for their skidsteer and no longer need this one. They are asking 400$ firm. What are your thoughts on this? If it is an ok deal, what should we check other than visually seeing it run? We only need a unit to dig 100-150 posts and then we are done and will never dig posts again (except maybe to fix or replace those posts we are putting in at a future date decades from now lol) Thanks! We have check locally for rentals and that would cost way to much since our plan is to do this over many weekends and nights over this summer.
i have to buy a towing truck so any suggestion for me which towing truck is good? we have to use for 24 Hour NYC Towing Services.