fishing reports

The mid-summer walleye bite was decent in Northern MN last week. Fished Bemidji and Cass. You have to work for them, but a few are willing to be caught. My wife got the biggest in our group, followed by my 14 yr old nephew. Also able to get some of the littles into a few largemouths and bluegills off the dock.

20180723_211819.jpg20180721_203329.jpg20180724_081731(0).jpg20180722_200008.jpg20180726_231419.jpg

I'm heading up to Nipigon the first week of September. Wondering if anyone can offer up some pointers. We will be fishing the river.

Beautiful!!!!

Yeah, Norway is incredible. Here's the view out my window:

20180805_093702.jpg

That lake is loaded with pike and perch. I will get into them next spring. Too much other stuff to focus on this fall, including local trout.

Is it fair to post in the fishing section if it involves fighting something for an hour or so on a fishing rod? Quite a painful "fishing" trip... both for the target AND myself. :emoji_head_bandage: Think what hurt the most was my buddy laughing at me near the end. :emoji_wink:

Fish fry tonight with the smaller ones (15 in) an walleye/broccoli Alfredo tomorrow with a larger one.
Was able to get the lady on her biggest fish to date. Her face was priceless. She wasn't sure she was gunna be able to get it up the hole.

20190113_164218.jpg

Bigmike, Where are you located?

Nice fish and nice scenery.

Found a new pollock spot , but didn't have enough time to fish it properly. Hopefully it won't be long till the haddock come in to spawn!

Attachments

• 20190106_145126.jpg
    20190106_145126.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 21
I'm heading up to Nipigon the first week of September. Wondering if anyone can offer up some pointers. We will be fishing the river.

How did the nipogon river trip go? Catch any giant Brookies? Brook trout are awesome, but hard to find in most areas.

We found a few decent brook trout streams in northern Wisconsin the last few years and our biggest so far is 13".

How did the nipogon river trip go? Catch any giant Brookies? Brook trout are awesome, but hard to find in most areas.

We found a few decent brook trout streams in northern Wisconsin the last few years and our biggest so far is 13".

We were there for the salmon run. It was my fist time going but from what others up there said we did average to good. We also caught some smaller Lakers above the dam in one of the reservoirs. I guess if its brooktrout you want you have to go in mid May to mid June. They say on the lake its like fishing for pre spawn bass in the shallows.

I'm hoping to head up this year after Mem Day.