All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fishing reports

Pulling the trigger in a new auger today. Finally got sick of messing with my gas auger. I’m going to pick up the Stikemaster 40v lithium. This is after lots of research. No more pulling, priming, and cussing.

4 over 24, first time I can say that
From -34 wed to 34 last night, beautiful night to be on the ice.

View attachment 22690
View attachment 22691
View attachment 22692

Very cool. The only thing I like about winter is ice fishing. Caught a bunch of giant gills yesterday, going to a different spot for crappie today after church. Had 12" of ice yesterday, wonder how long it will last? Suppose to be 50 today and tomorrow. Then some 40s.

Decided habitat work and cutting cages could wait. Just to dang nice out. Figured this would be the last of the ice for the season. Bite was on fire. Was gunna try again today but the shorelines have completly turned to mush. Fell in up to the knees an figured to just wait it out till I can bust out the wadders. Fun couple of days on late ice.

20190406_184433.jpg20190405_210027.jpg20190406_131842.jpg

Whoa that's great. You're still ice fishing?? Checked out my lake today. Saw a guy catch a nice 4 lb striper from shore.

Saw thisl video yesterday... not a personal report, but I HAVE had the same thing happen / have had a hammerhead eat a smaller blacktip I was fighting, but my gear (including boat) were MUCH more modest and my fight lasted all of about 15 seconds.

Have to add, drone footage of the bite in video is pretty darn cool. Definitely has me itching to get back out to our area saltwaters here in the next few weeks as temps warm up enough to bring my favorite targets (cobia and kingfish) back into our local waters.

Saw thisl video yesterday... not a personal report, but I HAVE had the same thing happen / have had a hammerhead eat a smaller blacktip I was fighting, but my gear (including boat) were MUCH more modest and my fight lasted all of about 15 seconds.

Have to add, drone footage of the bite in video is pretty darn cool. Definitely has me itching to get back out to our area saltwaters here in the next few weeks as temps warm up enough to bring my favorite targets (cobia and kingfish) back into our local waters.

WOW what a shark!!!

Last week I took a couple of customers on a fishing trip to Ft. Gibson lake (Grand, Neosho river). We caught probably 30 Spoonbills, we released all but 2 males between 25-30 lbs like the one I’m holding. The biggest were 58 and 53.

Attachments

• 6CF427CF-EE39-47C4-B82E-311898EF76A2.jpeg
    6CF427CF-EE39-47C4-B82E-311898EF76A2.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 26
I love this youtube Channel. Her boyfriend has one too. They catch some awesome fish, and the food they make looks amazing. When we went to Vegas last year I ate about 30 pieces of sushi at the Rio seafood buffet. I'm a big fan of exotic food.

Daughter missed several20190420_172949.jpg

The trout are waking up. Just small ones so far.
20190429_195124.jpg

Try a bigger bait. I use a #11 original floating Rapala. Perch, Black/Gold, and Brown Trout are my favorites

I use bigger baits where there are bigger fish. My biggest brown trout is 3 lbs. In this lake there are only small fish, but they were the first to become active this year. Looking forward to getting after some big trout and char this summer.

When my brother got married 4 years ago, I took him and 2 of his friends on a charter out of Sheboygan. We got a brown trout that weighed mid 20's. The friend who reeled it in got an award for being the biggest brown caught in the city that year. I don't know much about their life cycles, but the captain said that fish was at the end and we should keep it. Friend's call was to filet it and not mount it.

Edit to add a picture.

IMG_0243.JPG

Last edited:
Trout are warming up in NC.

4a44bfde6c14d9823ca16a80bd380e5a.jpg

aef692329071539f59592a5bfdab0d03.jpg

57b87bcf9a4a4b7a482067f52569419f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taken a few pond management trips the past two weeks to cull out a rather robust population of small bass and nice sized speckled catfish.

First trip out buddy and I solely focused on the bass. Here's my bud showing the results of a brief morning trip.

Bass.jpg

Net.jpg

30lbs.jpg

Friend had such a good time he asked to bring his Dad the next go round. Thankfully had just as much fun the second go round.

Bevis Father Son Trip.jpg

Didn't target the bigger bass, but did manage to hook one or two nicer ones which we quickly released.

Nicer One.jpg