Fishing pic

Tap

5 year old buck +
Off topic. We're in Virginia fishing for a week. Had some porpoises racing beside the boat. I got this pic from a video/screen shot. Thought I'd share it.

ff4161740e3ff10d9ecd8fb0f6ad6100.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awesome pic!
What kind of fishing are you doing? I have family getting ready to move to Virginia and was thinking of future visits... fishing might be high on the list of things to do.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks. We were hoping to get some Mako Shark (delicious) but we only got 1 Mako (not a legal size). Caught 12 sharks of other species. A lot of fun but they weren't table fish.
150 sea bass but only a dozen were legal.
We couldn't locate any blue fin tuna and the yellow fin aren't here yet.
Flounder was slow. Not many keepers were being caught.

Mako is some good eating. Had some this spring/winter from a local grocery. Not bad being in the Midwest.

Don't know if it was one of the 12 other types caught but black tip can be pretty tasty if prepped right. Love how shark meat holds together well on the grill just like a steak does (versus flaking apart).

The mako I had was very firm. Held up great on the grill.

Don't know if it was one of the 12 other types caught but black tip can be pretty tasty if prepped right. Love how shark meat holds together well on the grill just like a steak does (versus flaking apart).
We got Tiger, Hammerhead, Blue, Dusky (?), and a few we weren't sure of.
One of the blues would be eligible for a release citation. It put up quite a fight. Before we got a good look at it, we thought it was a nice Mako, but....

As they both can get huge, either the tiger or hammer big?

I've had a few really massive hammerheads (approx 15') swim right up to my boat in the relatively shallow waters I fish (20' to 30' depths) and see one or two tigers each year.
Heck, even the juvenile tigers are big in comparison to most of the other sharks we typically see.

As they both can get huge, either the tiger or hammer big?

I've had a few really massive hammerheads (approx 15') swim right up to my boat in the relatively shallow waters I fish (20' to 30' depths) and see one or two tigers each year.
Heck, even the juvenile tigers are big in comparison to most of the other sharks we typically see.
The Hammerhead was small and the Tiger was around 100 pounds. Nice fish but still small for a Tiger.
I got a Tiger over 300 pounds a couple years ago. That fight kicked my butt!

Here's the Hammerhead...
87bb3e0c4726ca053dc8961f4a8f9826.jpg
55c9d6832a6ce4b4d30294ab71096a17.jpg

Great pic!
Blues aren't bad table fair but we can't keep them in NJ any longer. Nothing like Mako though.
Hitting Florida for few days next week. I hope the black tips are around and it's not a wash out. Been hearing stories of Bonita close to shore also.

Great pic!
Blues aren't bad table fair but we can't keep them in NJ any longer. Nothing like Mako though.
Hitting Florida for few days next week. I hope the black tips are around and it's not a wash out. Been hearing stories of Bonita close to shore also.
Good luck, Bill.
Supposed to be some great tuna right now off Virginia Beach. That's about a 100 mile boat ride from us...too far.

Cool pics! Looks like you had a great time.