Fishing in N/S Carolina

Reagan

5 year old buck +
Going to spend a week at Ocean Isle, NC. Can anyone recommend a fishing charter? Interested in a smaller boat instead of a big one packed with 40 people. Something kid and female friendly would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t specifically know of a charter there. But my recommendation for the east coast for the wife and kids is to stay away from charters that cater to sport fish. Everyone and their brother wants to go out for Tuna or Marlin. Both of which are great fun on the right day. After that the charters target sea bass, weak or blue fish. You can catch fish that size in a pond.

If you can find a guy that targets sharks that’s your kid trip. It’s inshore so you don’t spend hours riding in a boat to start fishing. The action can be awesome. And what kid doesn’t want to say they caught a shark.. yes most fisherman consider them junk fish and you can’t eat them. But they fight, their big fish and their plentiful. Don’t think Jaws. Most inshore sharks are going to be 3 to 8 foot long.

I fished for shark at Myrtle Beach a few years ago, we caught many 6-12 footers following shrimp boats around. The charter was Capt Dicks. But I don’t think he is in business anymore. I was wanting to go back to him this summer, but I couldn’t find him listed.