First time tractor buyer..

What were the things in the things in the cab you were not fond of? The 7060 is the Kubota I've been considering. I have not gotten as far as physically looking at them since a purchase is still a year or more off. With the current stock market, probably more than a year... I do want to know any issues you saw with the 7060 so I can make sure they are not issues for me.
Personal preference stuff. The way loader joystick location and operation, no buddy seat (big issue for me with two young boys), smaller cab, less creature comforts (love the air ride seat in the MF), etc. It was nothing major. The Kubota was definitely more plain Jane and the others seemed to have more/better features. That could have been the way the Kunota I was in was configured and not indicative of all though. I own a Toyota Tundra truck and for me the Kubota felt very Tundra-ish in the cab, versus other trucks that have better comfort/features/layout. The bigger stuff for me was the weight of the tractor, loader capacity and 3 pt capacity and lift height. MF and Case really seemed to shine in those areas. The Kubota is probably a more nimble and faster machine. I am still thinking about a 6-8’ full feature no till still so 3pt capacity, lift height and such were very important.

Personal preference stuff. The way loader joystick location and operation, no buddy seat (big issue for me with two young boys), smaller cab, less creature comforts (love the air ride seat in the MF), etc. It was nothing major. The Kubota was definitely more plain Jane and the others seemed to have more/better features. That could have been the way the Kunota I was in was configured and not indicative of all though. I own a Toyota Tundra truck and for me the Kubota felt very Tundra-ish in the cab, versus other trucks that have better comfort/features/layout. The bigger stuff for me was the weight of the tractor, loader capacity and 3 pt capacity and lift height. MF and Case really seemed to shine in those areas. The Kubota is probably a more nimble and faster machine. I am still thinking about a 6-8’ full feature no till still so 3pt capacity, lift height and such were very important.

Thanks! Just the kind of feedback I was looking for. Wish we had an MF dealer nearby. I'd like to look at those too, but we don't have one close enough.

Thanks! Just the kind of feedback I was looking for. Wish we had an MF dealer nearby. I'd like to look at those too, but we don't have one close enough.
Well that’s obviously critical. Oddly enough my Kubota decker peddles MF too. They sell probably 80% Kubota but most of their stuff is in the sub 80 hp category. The big farmers around me run Deere or Case.

So do they negotiate on new and used tractors or is it a take it or leave it pricing situation?

Well that’s obviously critical. Oddly enough my Kubota decker peddles MF too. They sell probably 80% Kubota but most of their stuff is in the sub 80 hp category. The big farmers around me run Deere or Case.

That is part of the problem with the Deere dealership. Their focus is on the big high dollar stuff. So, when planting/harvest time comes around, the big boys get serviced first and the little guy sucking hind teet.

Thanks,

Jack

That is part of the problem with the Deere dealership. Their focus is on the big high dollar stuff. So, when planting/harvest time comes around, the big boys get serviced first and the little guy sucking hind teet.

Thanks,

Jack
The big boys lively hood depends on a working tractor vs guys on here that just want to shoot a deer. It makes sense.

So do they negotiate on new and used tractors or is it a take it or leave it pricing situation?
Definitely negotiate on new tractors. They do on used too, but there’s probably more wiggle room versus the sticker price on a new tractor...just like cars. I’ll tell you what I did. Once I decided on the tractor I wanted I started shopping the internet. There are a number of dealerships with huge volumes that sell low and ship for free. I got a great deal from a dealership in AR with free shipping. I went back into my dealership and told them I would prefer to buy local but I needed to get to a certain number to make it work. I wrote down the number I needed and they couldn’t get all the way there but got within a few hundred, which was fine with me, and then sold me the additional stuff I wanted to add for cost (3rd function, quick hitch, hydraulic top link, etc).

Thanks,

Jack
Same way here. I just know that I’m not getting any tractor work done between March and early June.

The big boys lively hood depends on a working tractor vs guys on here that just want to shoot a deer. It makes sense.

Yes, and I completely understand that. I'm not upset with the JD dealer for it. Because JD owns most of the big farmer market, there is more room at the other dealerships to fit me in.

Thanks,

Jack

Ive inquiried about a used 3038e and a new 3032e. They dont seem to want to play ball. Ill just have to patiently wait.

wrong time of yr to be buying a tractor, they know landscapers and other like business's will be starting up and will hold onto things longer, expecting folks to need new one's

time to buy is just before winter thru winter
when most dealers are having slow times of the yr!, old inventory and new inventory on its way in too!

just saying for future buyers!

Ive inquiried about a used 3038e and a new 3032e. They dont seem to want to play ball. Ill just have to patiently wait.
In my search I didn’t see much flexibility in pricing on used tractors. It was much harder to leverage deals I had found elsewhere since finding two very comparable used tractors was a challenge. It was much easier with new. I bought in September I believe. Don’t forget to check inventory at dealers out of your area. Some can and will ship for a small fee or even free.

JD has offered five yr, 0% interest, in October the last few years. And it all depends on your area. Very little row crop in my area - mostly cattle and chicken houses. Big market for 55 to 75 hp tractors - which fits right in with a lot of plotters.

I dont do debt. Whatever I buy will be cash

I dont do debt. Whatever I buy will be cash

That makes sense to me. Debt can be a great tool when used to produce income. For example, if I was a contractor and needed to finance a big machine that I was going to use to earn money with, debt can allow me to earn money that I otherwise could not. When it comes to hobbies, I see debt as an expensive way for me to compensate for my lack of ability to delay gratification.

Most of the below market rate financing I've seen is not a good deal. You end up paying for it in a combination of purchase price and fees associated with the financing.

Thanks,

Jack

Also, you have to consider what your money is doing at the time of the purchase. At the time I bought my tractor, I could have used money I had, making four or five percent interest instead of using JD’s money at 0% interest. I asked about buying it outright, and they offered no reduction in price. Also, when financed through JD Financial - they provide some degree of insurance as long as it is financed - for catastrophic things like if it caught on fire or drove off into the pond. My 65 hp JD, with JD 0% financing, was less expensive than a similar model Kubota - with no financing. But to be honest, I would have paid a little more for the JD because I liked their service dept, and, in the four years I have owned the tractor, they have offered winter time service with free pickup and delivery - a $600 savings for me. The kubota dealer did not offer that

Also, you have to consider what your money is doing at the time of the purchase. At the time I bought my tractor, I could have used money I had, making four or five percent interest instead of using JD’s money at 0% interest. I asked about buying it outright, and they offered no reduction in price. Also, when financed through JD Financial - they provide some degree of insurance as long as it is financed - for catastrophic things like if it caught on fire or drove off into the pond. My 65 hp JD, with JD 0% financing, was less expensive than a similar model Kubota - with no financing. But to be honest, I would have paid a little more for the JD because I liked their service dept, and, in the four years I have owned the tractor, they have offered winter time service with free pickup and delivery - a $600 savings for me. The kubota dealer did not offer that

That leverage concept logic makes sense in some cases, perhaps a mortgage. It doesn't make sense to me on a new vehicle/tractor purchase. Those 0% financing deals are paid for by a higher purchase price. Lots of places will have several offers, like 0% financing or $xxx cash back...When you run the numbers, it usually a wash from a financial perspective.

A better example of leverage, may be someone who owns their home outright sees 30 year mortgage rates at historic lows and the stock market down. They may decide to take out a mortgage believing over the long run, they can earn more in the market than they are paying in interest. Of course, they are taking on some risk they would not otherwise have. Not much different than using debt to buy equipment you plan to use to earn money. You believe you can make enough money to cover your time, maintenance on the equipment, and the cost of the financing. Like the previous example, you still take on the risk. If the market goes south and you can't get jobs for the equipment, you are in a tough spot.

For me, if the equipment is used for a hobby, I can just wait until I can save enough to buy it.

Thanks,

Jack

That leverage concept logic makes sense in some cases, perhaps a mortgage. It doesn't make sense to me on a new vehicle/tractor purchase. Those 0% financing deals are paid for by a higher purchase price. Lots of places will have several offers, like 0% financing or $xxx cash back...When you run the numbers, it usually a wash from a financial perspective.

A better example of leverage, may be someone who owns their home outright sees 30 year mortgage rates at historic lows and the stock market down. They may decide to take out a mortgage believing over the long run, they can earn more in the market than they are paying in interest. Of course, they are taking on some risk they would not otherwise have. Not much different than using debt to buy equipment you plan to use to earn money. You believe you can make enough money to cover your time, maintenance on the equipment, and the cost of the financing. Like the previous example, you still take on the risk. If the market goes south and you can't get jobs for the equipment, you are in a tough spot.

For me, if the equipment is used for a hobby, I can just wait until I can save enough to buy it.

Thanks,

Jack

wonder why there was no difference between cash price and JD Financial. When I had the tractor quoted, I told him I was going to pay cash. It wasnt until the next day when I went in to sign the papers that my wife talked me into going through JD Financial. You were required to buy at least one attachment to qualify for the 0%. I was going to buy pallet forks and a bush hog anyway - so it didnt matter to me.