All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

field glasses

Coors light? I think the first thing you should upgrade is too Busch Light..... affordable, better flavor, and just an all around working man’s beer. Simply put, it’s the beer that built and continues to build America. Never met a construction worker that’s turned one down when offered.

Let’s worry about those binoculars second.

......Leave it to my brother in beekeeping to set the priority........

bill

My son and his buddy both have Swarovski binoculars. A lot of evenings, We watch ducks flying down the river - from sundown to flashlight dark. They will both admit their is very little difference between my vortex viper hd and their binocs. In fact - my son - who could afford to buy any binoc he wanted - just bought a vortex fury. He said no way is their $2000 difference in his swarovskis and the fury’s

I agree you get what you pay for in glass. I have the cheap Bushnell vortex and Leopold I keep in my vehicles and a pair of bx3 leupolds for hunting. Dawn and dusk make the more expensive 1st and out. Where I hunt in the Midwest I have never felt the need to upgrade from the Leopold however out west probably a different story. Comparing all 3 100 dollar binoculars these beat the vortex diamondback and the bx1 leupolds by a mile in my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-Roof-Binoculars/dp/B07KTVKYRV

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree you get what you pay for in glass. I have the cheap Bushnell vortex and Leopold I keep in my vehicles and a pair of bx3 leupolds for hunting. Dawn and dusk make the more expensive 1st and out. Where I hunt in the Midwest I have never felt the need to upgrade from the Leopold however out west probably a different story. Comparing all 3 100 dollar binoculars these beat the vortex diamondback and the bx1 leupolds by a mile in my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-Roof-Binoculars/dp/B07KTVKYRV

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Still liking those Bushnells? They're $95 on amazon right now. Others I'm looking at are the Leupold BX-1 and the Vortex Crossfire - both around $150. They rate fairly high in recent budget binoc articles. These will be a Christmas gift for my soon to be 12 year old. For hunting mostly. Thanks to anyone who offers feedback on budget binocs.

Still liking those Bushnells? They're $95 on amazon right now. Others I'm looking at are the Leupold BX-1 and the Vortex Crossfire - both around $150. They rate fairly high in recent budget binoc articles. These will be a Christmas gift for my soon to be 12 year old. For hunting mostly. Thanks to anyone who offers feedback on budget binocs.
I can vouch for the vortex crossfire. Very, very nice glasses for the price. Clear, and real good in low light conditions

I also use a set of crossfires. They also have a great warranty. I knocked mine off the window sill in my box blind and broke the eye cup off. I sent them back with a note on what happened and that I had no problem paying for the repair. They repaired them and said not to worry about the cost

I'll update my 2019 review on the compact Zeus's 10X binoculars. They're great, kinda. They're great for viewing birds and such. But when you pick them up on shooter buck the 10 power is too much. The adrenaline shake makes 10 power impossible to use. I wish they were 8 power.

I'll update my 2019 review on the compact Zeus's 10X binoculars. They're great, kinda. They're great for viewing birds and such. But when you pick them up on shooter buck the 10 power is too much. The adrenaline shake makes 10 power impossible to use. I wish they were 8 power.

I use a baseball cap to stabilize my binoculars. Give it a try. I also use 10x binos, and the bill of the hat helps a lot for stabilizing.

I switched to the Vortex Diamondback 12X50 this year.
Love them!
Very good in low light, easy to carry and use, lifetime warranty.

I love my steiners! Great binos and great customer service

Nikon monarchs seen very clear to me.

I wish I had better compacts…..I might use binoculars more…see them more …spook them less.

Last edited:
Big fan of Sig Sauer....but also feel id rather forget a weapon than my binos though i don't spend thousands on them

Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42 binoculars. They retail for about $200, but you can get them for $100-120 on sale.

They are good for the money. I found them for $100 at Cabelas a few years ago and bought three pair. The only situation where they were lacking was counting antler points by moonlight. Otherwise they perform very well. I use the brim of a baseball cap to help steady them, and the image is very good in almost all circumstances.
I've had the Prostaff 7 for years now, and I'll put them up against most bino's, especially for the price range. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe NIkons also come with a lifetime warranty, no matter what happens to them.
Best bino's I've ever put to my eyes were Swarovski, however, 3-4k is not happening...

Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42 binoculars. They retail for about $200, but you can get them for $100-120 on sale.

They are good for the money. I found them for $100 at Cabelas a few years ago and bought three pair. The only situation where they were lacking was counting antler points by moonlight. Otherwise they perform very well. I use the brim of a baseball cap to help steady them, and the image is very good in almost all circumstances.
I've had a pair of these for 10+ years. Still work great.