Few food plots

gunther89

5 year old buck +
While I was at the farm I took a few photos of our plots. The bean field is about half an acre and was a new plot this year. It isn't growing as good as I thought it would so I over-seeded turnips and radishes into it.

The rye I sprayed and put turnips and radishes in as well. I was shocked when I was walking through it to spread the seed that I got within 30 yards of a fawn before it jumped up and took off. I found 6 beds in this roughly 1/3-1/2 acre rye plot.

Finally I tried spreading turnips and radishes into a small triangle shaped area. I was told that I couldn't get anything to grow good into sod so I figured why not give it a try.

All of these plots are located in a area that used to be pasture ground for the last 60 years. It should be a deer magnet, as to the north and south is a big thick draw, to the west next year will be a 60 some acre CRP area and to the east we will be logging in the next year or two. It may turn into a feeding area we don't even hunt cause it would be impossible to get to but that's alright by me.