All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Few food plots

gunther89

5 year old buck +
While I was at the farm I took a few photos of our plots. The bean field is about half an acre and was a new plot this year. It isn't growing as good as I thought it would so I over-seeded turnips and radishes into it.

The rye I sprayed and put turnips and radishes in as well. I was shocked when I was walking through it to spread the seed that I got within 30 yards of a fawn before it jumped up and took off. I found 6 beds in this roughly 1/3-1/2 acre rye plot.

Finally I tried spreading turnips and radishes into a small triangle shaped area. I was told that I couldn't get anything to grow good into sod so I figured why not give it a try.

All of these plots are located in a area that used to be pasture ground for the last 60 years. It should be a deer magnet, as to the north and south is a big thick draw, to the west next year will be a 60 some acre CRP area and to the east we will be logging in the next year or two. It may turn into a feeding area we don't even hunt cause it would be impossible to get to but that's alright by me.