East Wind

Does this hurricane slow down the movement of fronts across the midwest?

Me thinks so!

When you start hunting Missouri you will have sets for east winds and every other wind you can imagine. One of the reasons we now have 52 stands out.

When you start hunting Missouri you will have sets for east winds and every other wind you can imagine. One of the reasons we now have 52 stands out.
I just had to do a count. Where I live, there are 5 east wind stands and 5 west wind stands. One northwind stand and one south wind stand.

Boy if that ain't the truth! We have been in funks where the wind come n - ne it seems for everyday I can hunt in November. And the other side I have had some east wind stands that haven't been hunted in 3 years.

Boy if that ain't the truth! We have been in funks where the wind come n - ne it seems for everyday I can hunt in November. And the other side I have had some east wind stands that haven't been hunted in 3 years.

Same here!

But it is a must to have those stands. And even with all the stands we have on 700 acres we hunt. Dam swirling winds can still kill us. One of the bad parts of hunting Missouri.

Don't know records but MO seemed to have an unusual high amount of SE wind last fall.

I only remember that because my favorite two stands require that wind and I had quite a few chances in them last year.

Dam swirling winds can still kill us. One of the bad parts of hunting Missouri.

So it's not just me. Seems like in any low spot the air swirls even when the wind is still.

With the way my property lies...it just doesn't offer much in the way of east wind set ups. I'll have to put some more thought into it this off season.

Fence that ditch and sit by the opening.

Wait, never mind that would need a west wind.

I finally have time to start hunting and I agree this east winds suck. I will find a location for an east wind some how. I have good east/see wind options for the rut but not messing them up yet. I hate east winds during the feeding pattern times.

Yep that's the one I thought I remembered. You said there where trails through that grass crossing the ditch.

I always thought pinching them down to one or two good crossings would be ideal.
wind would depend on where they come from to cross it.

Stu can't you hunt along your lake swamp edge in the morning with an east wind? It looks like you would have good access leaving your house in the morning and catch the deer coming back to bed.

East southeast winds work well for my place. I struggle with the northwest winds and only hunt the NW winds during rut. I would like to get out on Sunday but I got so much crap to deal with right now. Have to move and get ready for an elk hunt all in the next three weeks. :confused: