Eagle forage beans

To keep ag beans from drying down too quickly like stated above, all one has to do is plant a maturity group 2 levels below what is recommended for their location. Meaning, if you normally would plant a Group 2 bean in your area, plant some Maturity Group 4 beans instead and they will stay green later into the fall.
This is good advice. Plant a percentage of your plot in a later maturing bean (that's probably What Eagles are anyway) so you get a percentage of early and late maturing beans. Using Ag beans would also be much more cost effective.

I would also recommend sampling your dried down Ag pods vs the Eagles to see how much yield difference there is. My guess is your Ag beans with the correct group will out yield Eagle.

I spray my RR Eagle beans twice. Once within a week after they have been planted. This is before they have germinated and it gives them a great start over the weeds. The next time I spray them depends on the weather and the beans growth. It is done before canopy so the beans can then finish growing without weed competition. I contract this spraying out so that the coop can use a pickup truck with 60 foot booms. This causes the least amount of damage to the beans being run over by the truck tires compared to my 14 foot booms. Even these tire marked beans generally snap back to normal after 4 or 5 days.
My Eagles are planted to take pressure off my ag beans. I want my ag beans to produce the maximum amount of pods as they are an overwinter food source for my deer. The ag beans are an absolute late season hot spot.

This year at the farm I planted a 4 acre plot in both ag and forage(Eagle) beans. I simply mixed the seeds in the seed buckets on the planter. I am hoping to get good ag beans that will dry down by early October, yet still have the green forage beans right up until the ag's dry down. Also hoping that the forage beans "super production/growth" will help protect the ag beans giving me a better yield. From what I have seen so far, it is working. The forage beans are a foot taller than the ag beans, but if you look down low, the ag beans are loaded with pods. The deer are browsing the forage beans hard and not getting to the ag beans. On a normal year with just ag beans the deer seem to browse the ag beans hard and keep them shorter with less pod production.