Drywall finishing

Does your stomach and back hurt at all? I did about a dozen floors with a guy a few years ago and my stomach and back felt like your knees look.
Mainly my knees and hamstrings. Lower back a little. Hand hurts the worst, ran a small prybar into the middle of it doing something dumb seconds after my 8 yr old said "do you think thats a good idea?"

Get some gel knee pads. They feel like wearing gloves that are to big. And don’t tighten the straps to much.

I’ve done a small amount of floors. About 2500 foot in the last year.

After a day or so it’s still better than running a chain saw:)

I see a 2x4 block. They make stepped plastic block that fit right in. $10 for a block. But? It’s kinda worth it. :)

Get some gel knee pads. They feel like wearing gloves that are to big. And don’t tighten the straps to much.

I’ve done a small amount of floors. About 2500 foot in the last year.

After a day or so it’s still better than running a chain saw:)
I am wearing gel knee pads. Bought them specifically for this job.

What did you have under the knee pads?

Last edited:
Scrub bottoms

Well the whole project will be complete monday or tuesday

Bill & ksgobbler - Are the floors in your pix laminated veneer type flooring ?? Or are they the thin solid wood type ??

Bill & ksgobbler - Are the floors in your pix laminated veneer type flooring ?? Or are they the thin solid wood type ??
Luxury vinyl plank for me

That's looking sharp KSgobbler!

Everything looks great.

I love the floors. Anyone not liking the idea of vinyl planking go to the box store and get samples of all the wood and laminates and grind them over your metal shopping cart. Scratch and dent. Vinyl, no scratch or dent....

I agree, nice looking work. I kinda like that teal color... looks summery. My folks are pretty sure they're getting those premium vinyl squares for their next floor. They have engineered hardwood in their office and it's a really nice product too.

Tv is in. Ill call this project a wrap.
20190316_205245.jpg

Buddy of mine came over and installed the carpet on the stairs yesterday. They wanted $800 to install it. He bid it at $150. I think he did a good job. He is starting a side business doing tile work, flooring, etc. Kids watched star wars on the big tv last night.20190322_195844.jpg20190322_195856.jpg