All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think this is huckleberry?

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Last year I found lowbush blueberry on my place. This is growing near them but is a different species. I've looked in a lot of books and think it may be huckleberry. Blueberries have already ripened, but these are still immature and will be bigger.

Any thoughts?

I can't offer more than a wild guess. I hope it is, or some other desirable.

Thanks guys. It looks like many pictures I have found. Also, one source said it is often found growing with lowbush blueberry, and that is where I found it.

I've got a bunch of huckleberry patches and I don't think what you have there is huckleberry. I will try and get some pictures. They are just ripening now and the deer eat them fast.

That definently is not the huckleberry that I have. I have them everywhere but I'm far south of you

I found pics of Box Huckleberry and it definitely looked different. Some of the pics of what they call Black Huckleberry looked close.

Yep...I'd say that's it. I didn't ever think about different kinds of huckleberry

Supposed to be in Tennessee but not KY. Looks like the stork might have dropped more than a baby...LOL.