Deercast

Bill Loser

5 year old buck +
Does anyone else use the deercast app from the Drury brothers?
I am using it this season and its really fairly reliable at forcasting deer movement. So far im pretty happy with it.
If you have it do you pay for the extea fearures? Is it worth it?

I think it's a good tool won't keep me from going if I'm already planning but I used it alot when trying to plan days to take off work. I bought it so I could watch all their old videos

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

It depends on how you hunt. If you hunt food plot edges it's mostly accurate. If you're hunting bedding areas or just outside of bedding areas these types of apps are somewhat conservative for deer movement. Of course hunting pressure probably is much more important, but these types of apps are decently reliable for most guys looking at planning hunts around vacation hours.

I find a strong correlation. Combines all the "gut" feels you'd normally have into a weighted formula. Doesn't always prevent me from hunting, but maybe encourages me to not burn out best stands on the down days...

I glance at the free version from time to time just out of curiosity. It's algorithm is based on weather and moon phase. If you can put this together, you've solved Deercast..

I mainly use wunderground.com to plan and execute all my hunts.

I glance at the free version from time to time just out of curiosity. It's algorithm is based on weather and moon phase. If you can put this together, you've solved Deercast..

I mainly use wunderground.com to plan and execute all my hunts.
And there has been so much science done that proves that moon phase has zero correlation to deer movement so their entire premise is flawed.

And there has been so much science done that proves that moon phase has zero correlation to deer movement so their entire premise is flawed.
I agree, the weird thing is though ,is that 90% of the time deercast is right. On my land anyway. Its uncanny really, if it says bad you wont see a thing. If it say great you'll see alot, if it says ok you'll see some.

I've never tried to track it to be honest. I can tell you in my experience that weather trumps moon by far, so it has little affect on my hunting decisions.

Is it basically a solunar table?

I've never tried to track it to be honest. I can tell you in my experience that weather trumps moon by far, so it has little affect on my hunting decisions.
As a weekend warrior, there is no app invented that will alter my decision to hunt. I go when I can.

Can't shoot them if you're not out there hunting.

If you have OnX hunt, you get the deercast elite version for free, FYI. I don't really use their app anymore but I used to when it was free. I can pretty much look at wunderground.com and tell which days would be "good" or "great" on deercast.