deer blind windows ?

momark

5 year old buck +
Seems like there are two main options for commercial windows. Deerview and The Original Deer Blind Window co. They're fairly close in price. Just wondering if anyone has used these and is one noticeably better quality-wise than the other. Any tips or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks, Mark

I have Deerview in a couple of my stands. I like the simplicity of them, no wearing or parts that will go bad. They have great customer service as well. I called them , because one of my windows came in a different tint shade then the rest, they sent me out another one in 2 days, and I got to keep the other.

deer blind 009.JPGdeer blind 011.JPGdeer blind 013.JPGwell I know this maybe isn';t your idea of a window, but for me, I made mine out of wood !~HAHA!
I made them so they LIFT up and are extremely wide, there wide enough so most x bow can fit out and they give me all the viewing I could want, very little blind spots, and there adjustable how high I want to open so can just have open a small amount and still see everything, or open higher and be able to stand up and shoot a bow if wanted!
I did this due to I also had far too many idiots come by and smash glass windows out on me, solving sort of two problems at once!
they are sung fitting to a point but lift easy, and quietly, I have a rope like pulley system they lifts and allows me to hold at any height I wish! and they can also be slanted some what to make small openings!

now I cannot sit in blind with them down and see anything, but I have covers over windows so if in rain or snow, NO water gets in,
whole blind is pretty darn tightly sealed, one is about 10 yrs old, and never had a mouse in it yet, do get a few spiders now and then,
I have blind fully insulated and never had a issue with cold weather
, it works for me, so adding just as food for thought here!
don't have any great pictures of the windows how they work, but can explain is asked!, wasn't hard to do, and they been working great for yrs
when blind is closed, it as dark inside as can be on the brightest of days, at end of of a mid morning hunt, if I close up windows , I need a flash light to get out HAHA

I also built the blind using all screws, and have every panel able to be removed and replaced if ever needed! all treated wood, so the sucker is HEAVY, but should last a LONG time
NO windows on back side, as where this was was going no shooting that way and nothing to look at !
but these windows I have work very well for me

deer blind set up 384.JPG

deer blind set up 379.JPG

I have Deerview in a couple of my stands. I like the simplicity of them, no wearing or parts that will go bad. They have great customer service as well. I called them , because one of my windows came in a different tint shade then the rest, they sent me out another one in 2 days, and I got to keep the other.
Sounds like a pretty good endorsement. Can you see well out of the tinted windows. I'm leery of getting them because I'm afraid I won't be able to see good enough out of them, especially in low light conditions.

View attachment 30653View attachment 30654View attachment 30655well I know this maybe isn';t your idea of a window, but for me, I made mine out of wood !~HAHA!
I made them so they LIFT up and are extremely wide, there wide enough so most x bow can fit out and they give me all the viewing I could want, very little blind spots, and there adjustable how high I want to open so can just have open a small amount and still see everything, or open higher and be able to stand up and shoot a bow if wanted!
I did this due to I also had far too many idiots come by and smash glass windows out on me, solving sort of two problems at once!
they are sung fitting to a point but lift easy, and quietly, I have a rope like pulley system they lifts and allows me to hold at any height I wish! and they can also be slanted some what to make small openings!

now I cannot sit in blind with them down and see anything, but I have covers over windows so if in rain or snow, NO water gets in,
whole blind is pretty darn tightly sealed, one is about 10 yrs old, and never had a mouse in it yet, do get a few spiders now and then,
I have blind fully insulated and never had a issue with cold weather
, it works for me, so adding just as food for thought here!
don't have any great pictures of the windows how they work, but can explain is asked!, wasn't hard to do, and they been working great for yrs
when blind is closed, it as dark inside as can be on the brightest of days, at end of of a mid morning hunt, if I close up windows , I need a flash light to get out HAHA

I also built the blind using all screws, and have every panel able to be removed and replaced if ever needed! all treated wood, so the sucker is HEAVY, but should last a LONG time
NO windows on back side, as where this was was going no shooting that way and nothing to look at !
but these windows I have work very well for me

View attachment 30657

View attachment 30656
Looks like a pretty nice blind. I'm sure your windows work fine for you, but I want to be able to see out while their closed. I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to cold anymore. Getting old and soft! Thanks for the good description though.

Best ones I have found are on the site the originaldeerblindwindow.com

Best ones I have found are on the site the originaldeerblindwindow.com
Yeah, those and Deerview look very similar on the website pics. Just wondering if anyone had first hand experience with both of them.

Sounds like a pretty good endorsement. Can you see well out of the tinted windows. I'm leery of getting them because I'm afraid I won't be able to see good enough out of them, especially in low light conditions.

Yes. I can see pretty decent. I have tinted windows on 2 sides of one of my stands, and one of the tinted sides face a dark woods, and it is a little darker looking out, but I usually have them open as long as it isn’t windy and blowing through.

Here is the tinted windows. Inside and out.

A41D3E83-A6E3-45B8-A101-1E3AC5D062C4.pngFBB1E90E-32F5-40B1-A903-D66AE466C6EB.pngD83924F9-9C9D-4FB3-98E9-EEC3A2BE27D9.png906127C1-5848-4AAF-BE6B-08B68250E320.png

Looks like a pretty nice blind. I'm sure your windows work fine for you, but I want to be able to see out while their closed. I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to cold anymore. Getting old and soft! Thanks for the good description though.
the way I designed my windows, if one wanted to, I am sure that plexi glass could be used over wood like I did, thus way again, things still can have all the adjust-ability one wanted with how wide or high open they wanted them, but also might come down to how the blind was designed and built!
I am not a fan of windows that swing open, , I prefer things that lift up down , to me it offers more adjustments for air flow, in the blind, all the more so if one is less tolerant of cold air! just food for thought , NOT pushing my set up here!
and I also think any tinting on windows will be a issue come low light, I would avoid them if it was me, all the more so now my eye's are older and not as sharp as they used to be!

I have DeerView in 6 blinds. All tinted and single pane hinge windows. Only issue is that the vertically mounted do squeak a little from time to time a little vegetable oil on them once a year and they are good. I ordered a bunch and they arrived smashed to bits, they sent replacements within a week. They have been up since 2014 and no issue with them so far. I just ordered enough to do another few blinds. I did try to make my blinds as air tight as possible so put weather stripping around them to seal better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have DeerView in 6 blinds. All tinted and single pane hinge windows. Only issue is that the vertically mounted do squeak a little from time to time a little vegetable oil on them once a year and they are good. I ordered a bunch and they arrived smashed to bits, they sent replacements within a week. They have been up since 2014 and no issue with them so far. I just ordered enough to do another few blinds. I did try to make my blinds as air tight as possible so put weather stripping around them to seal better.

rather than veg oil, I would suggest trying some dry Teflon spray, it keeps things lubed up and quiet and won't attract dust dirt grim to gunk things up, nor attract any thing that smells the oil, just a suggestion, trying to help!

Sounds good.

rather than veg oil, I would suggest trying some dry Teflon spray, it keeps things lubed up and quiet and won't attract dust dirt grim to gunk things up, nor attract any thing that smells the oil, just a suggestion, trying to help!

I have some of that will give it a try, plastic on plastic so that should work.