Dang it feels good!!!!

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
Yesterday at 4:00 AM I went to the building and took the sprayer off one tractor and hooked up the no till drill to it. I then mixed 150 pounds of brassica seed, and got the second tractor ready. It was a start to a great day. By 7:00 PM, we had planted 30 acres of food plots, mowed some food plots and were ready for today. Yes, I am in a diner and not plotting yet. I am waiting for the co-op to open to get fertilizer and a wagon. Also need some more seed. The best news is a friend who has a farm an hour away came to help (pay back I suppose because I have helped him a lot with "how to" when it comes to plotting and fruit trees". He will be back today so it feels good to be planting and getting some s_hit done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like you're about to have some constructive fun! I'm going to try and get something planted next week.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Those type days on the mountain make up for all the days in the "demon possessed valley" of equipment malfunction,uncooperative weather,etc

bill

Those type days on the mountain make up for all the days in the "demon possessed valley" of equipment malfunction,uncooperative weather,etc

bill

All true. We essentially finished all the plots Friday and Saturday. I did a few things today like clean the equipment, picked some pears and peaches, and planted a few more acres of clover. But you are so right, the key to getting in and getting it done is staging the job. You need to make sure the equipment is ready to go to work, plenty of fuel on site, seed is all ready, and just dot all the other I's and cross the t's. We have several tractors and plenty of equipment so it makes it a lot easier, but when equipment malfunctions it drives me crazy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now, Im jealous as hell and fighting the urge to "jump the gun" on fall planting!!

bill

Its a GREAT feeling! Im going to wait about 10 more days.