Cute find

D

dipper

942595CB-3AC3-4A39-86C7-8FACC0AD0873.jpg

2943BF1C-B0DB-4654-95DE-E6B70496EBEF.jpg

Part of a research thing or stumbled across them? Have to say that little guy is pretty cute.

You won't think he is cute when he is destroying your apple trees this fall................:eek::eek:;):D

You won't think he is cute when he is destroying your apple trees this fall................:eek::eek:;):D

You are such a Debbie Downer ... mother nature has plans too ... :)

I could call it research;)
the Cubs were up and about near the den, momma was still sleeping in the the den I made. This was the first time I had a bear in the constructed den, but only the third year since I made it.
Lots of ways to enjoy ure land beyond deer. We had 50 plus people who got to see the cubs.
Memories people will never forget, and enjoyment for us. We are a lot more than ocd deer nuts ;)

I could call it research;)
the Cubs were up and about near the den, momma was still sleeping in the the den I made. This was the first time I had a bear in the constructed den, but only the third year since I made it.
Lots of ways to enjoy ure land beyond deer. We had 50 plus people who got to see the cubs.
Memories people will never forget, and enjoyment for us. We are a lot more than ocd deer nuts ;)
How do know momma isn't going to wake up and come out and ruin your day?

Same old, same old
please don't try to attempt to understand my life. It clear u have no concept beyond the ugliness, u convey. I have no interest in attempting to understand ure misery and hate.
Be a jerk somewhere else, please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ure demeanor is the exact thing that ruins an Internet forum. The only productive section is the apple trees, but u must b content there....so far! I'm sure that makes u feel good.
I don't have to explain anything to u, u are just some internet jerk. For the sensible people here, these Bears will be the only collared bears in my county. I reached out to a university and they were thrilled I made a bear den and excited to learn more about bear hibernation and recruitment in my part of the state.
They never heard of anyone constructing a bear den, so that was fun.

Like I said nh, go b a jerk somewhere else. Please!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone besides nh is interested in making a bear den, look me up. It wasn't too hard.

Same old, same old
please don't try to attempt to understand my life. It clear u have no concept beyond the ugliness, u convey. I have no interest in attempting to understand ure misery and hate.
Be a jerk somewhere else, please!

As far as I can see only one jerk so far in this thread, the one calling other people a jerk. ;):rolleyes: Now two.

Who here is trying to understand your life? No one here cares to try to understand your life. We are habitat and wildlife junkies, that is why we are here. Hope you can understand that some people deeply care to protect vulnerable young wildlife, and you may have to defend your actions when messing with the young wildlife that we all have been taught to not go near. What complete jerks people are for wanting to protect vulnerable young wildlife!!!!o_O

Boy dipper, you just can't help but step in it when you try to explain your stupidity. I am very familiar with bears, and if you think that you can convince me or any others that know bears, that those cubs born this winter, were just up and about outside the den without their mother, your delusional. The only thing dumber than playing with wildlife offspring, is posting pics of it on the internet. This could very well bite you in the rear.

Hey! What happened to the pics? I want to see the cute find. For someone who harps on the citiots for doing things "you think" they're not supposed to you've become quite the hypocrite dipper. If this was anyone but yourself you'd be on them like stink on $hit for doing what you've done.

That was wrong to handle the cubs. JUST PLAIN WRONG.

Last edited:
Thought I'd help out those who came here thinking they'd see a cute pic. Here you go....and...you're welcome.

Everybody who thinks you shouldn't play with bear cubs raise your hand...

Puppy_zpsxzxy6tdv.jpg

Educate us on bear den building. If momma was sleeping in the den and not run off by dogs, then I'm sure you have a pic of her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dipper you need to read this.

Stone: Let the sleeping bear lie
Emily Stone, Wisconsinoutdoorfun.com contributor 4:38 p.m. CST January 24, 2016
Close
Now, while we three naturalists who visited the den did so only out of our affection for and fascination of bears, according to the information provided by Ken, this may have been a pretty selfish act. In the field of outdoor education, we often discuss the cost/benefit ratio of various activities that might cause some harm to a single organism or section of a forest but result in significant teachable moments or an increase in affection for nature in the next generation. Sometimes the benefits outweigh the costs and we allow kids to participant in mildly destructive hands-on learning. In hindsight, I’m not so sure that the potential costs of our den visit were justified.
Hopefully, by sharing my newfound knowledge with you, we can all use this as a learning experience. While no one I’ve talked to up here has advocated for repeatedly bothering a hibernating bear, I’ve gotten the impression that most people don’t think twice about a single visit. And while Wisconsin law says that no person may harass protected wild animals (which includes bears), the consequences of even small disturbances to a hibernating bear are not prominent in the DNR’s web resources. Now that we know, we can respectfully keep our distance and let the sleeping bears lie.
“I think that is the story people need to hear – leave winter wildlife alone, it is the most difficult time of the year for them in terms of survival. We should not be adding to their stress for our own selfish purposes.” – Ken Jonas
For over 45 years, the Cable Natural History Museum has served to connect you to t

The hatred and ugliness is so predictable. I haven't shared my bear project on this site, because this forum has become so unproductive and repulsive. I knew u guys would jump on me like u did, I specifically worded the thread to bring out your hate, because I'm done here. These Internet forums are not longer a positive thing for me. I'm just really thankful because I've learned so much!
My quest to build bear dens started many years ago and I have now been working closely with a university of wi grad student, who is attempting to understand bear recruitment in southern and central wi. It's a really long story...
The Bears pictured are a focal part of this study. They will be tracked well into adulthood to determine dispersal and population dynamics. It is currently something that isn't understood, but very important in management of bear, but also their prey, like deer.
Your vile hatred, is so ugly, this will be my last post. I knew the true colors of this forum would come out in this thread.
I wish u all the best, and try to be happy, it's clear many of u aren't and life's too short!
Peace

So instead of answering our simple questions you take your ball and go home? Sounds a little thin- skinned from a person who loves to heap disgust on anything that has to do with habitat consultants. Seems to me your lack of tact has bitten you in the a$$.

Last edited:
Woo hoo, dipshit is gone!