Custom made musky lures

ruskbucks

5 year old buck +
A friend of mine was bored during covid and decided to try making his own musky lures. He made his first one's out of a old shovel handle. After a Lot of trial and errors he has them dialed in. He asked me what I wanted. I had him make a 14 inch lure similar to a 10 inch that is one of my favorites. It turned out awesome. 2 sided perch on one side, pike on the other.

Attachments

• 0402221056b_HDR.jpg
    0402221056b_HDR.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 0402221116.jpg
    0402221116.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 51
Cool! Have you tried pulling it? Ive made a bunch of custom musky lures. Its a lot easier to make them look good than make them run good! Im sure that Jake outta catch some fish... I like the 2 sided idea!

Cool! Have you tried pulling it? Ive made a bunch of custom musky lures. Its a lot easier to make them look good than make them run good! Im sure that Jake outta catch some fish... I like the 2 sided idea!
He tried it out before epoxy and paint. He sent a video of the action. It looked great. Along with mine he tested 10 different designs 6 ran good, 2 complete fails and 2 needed tuning. He was really happy with 60 % rate. He laughed and showed me a Lot that are just decorations.

A friend of mine was bored during covid and decided to try making his own musky lures. He made his first one's out of a old shovel handle. After a Lot of trial and errors he has them dialed in. He asked me what I wanted. I had him make a 14 inch lure similar to a 10 inch that is one of my favorites. It turned out awesome. 2 sided perch on one side, pike on the other.
Cool and quite well done! But...I'd be real careful of where that hook is hanging in the first pic. :emoji_laughing:

Cool and quite well done! But...I'd be real careful of where that hook is hanging in the first pic. :emoji_laughing:
Haha, didn't notice that is pretty close. The kid set it on my trucks back seat, I told him that wasn't a good spot. His lap could of been a worse spot for him.

He tried it out before epoxy and paint. He sent a video of the action. It looked great. Along with mine he tested 10 different designs 6 ran good, 2 complete fails and 2 needed tuning. He was really happy with 60 % rate. He laughed and showed me a Lot that are just decorations.
Yes... I have A LOT of decorations too! Haha. Good luck with it!

Looks great! That hairdoo has sconi written all over it :emoji_grin:
Lol, yes I think him and his redneck/ farmer/hunting/ fishing buddies are all part of the revive the mullet movement here in WI. Lol

That’s cool. How much for one that can be pulled at 7 - 10 mph and dive 10 to 20 feet? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Doesn’t need paint or hooks. I’ll handle that.

That’s cool. How much for one that can be pulled at 7 - 10 mph and dive 10 to 20 feet? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Doesn’t need paint or hooks. I’ll handle that.
I would have to check with him. Everybody is telling him to start selling them but he is worried about taking the fun out of it. This jake type is a slower side to side action, don't think it would work at those speeds. He has some others that would work. What would you be fishing for with it? Saltwater I take it?

I would have to check with him. Everybody is telling him to start selling them but he is worried about taking the fun out of it. This jake type is a slower side to side action, don't think it would work at those speeds. He has some others that would work. What would you be fishing for with it? Saltwater I take it?

Saltwater yes. tuna, Wahoo and maybe a Marlin. I'd probably have to run a braided wire through it for the hooks..

Wahoo is my favorite fish to eat. Haven't had it since I was in the islands...

Wahoo is my favorite fish to eat. Haven't had it since I was in the islands...
head south east. They tear them up out of Norfolk and the NC barrier islands.