Cummins poor customer service

The Average Joe does not graft. He might but he didn't see rootstock for sale at Home Depot. Instead he bought a dwarf Red Delicious and a Bartlett. They'll pollinate each other, right?

I like this guy.

You mention "trees"...but the issue wasn't a tree, it was rootstocks. When it comes to buying fruit trees, there are a huge number of places to choose from. When buying rootstocks, there really aren't. You can buy small quantities of rootstocks from a decent number of places...but the origin of those rootstocks is largely the same....one of a handful of west coast nurseries. As I stated on another thread, I lost one of my OHF97's from Burnt Ridge this year. No life in the rootstock at all when I checked it after the scion didn't break bud. Is that BR's fault, the nursery they bought it from, or mine? Or some of each? I don't know. I do know it wasn't enough to stop me from ordering from BR again if they have a product I'd like. IMHO, its different when you buy a "tree" and there's no life. I'd be ticked off if I bought a grafted tree that showed zero signs of life, but when I lose a $3.50 rootstock I shrug it off as being attributable to a number of different reasons. That's just me though.
I'm sure Steve would happily refund a $30 tree his company actually has to put some resources into, when he tells a person to shove it over $2 rootstock. I'm sure he'd really be understanding over multiple trees? I'm sure all of you are far better at this stuff than I am, so it won't be an issue for you.
I'm not trying to change the groupies minds, just thought I'd share some crappy customer service. Shame on me I guess. I thought it would be appreciated, but the groupies are putting me in my place. Buy away boys, he's not gonna screw me so I have nothing to worry about.

Stop engaging him. Seems he is delirious comparing rootstock to riggers lol but maybe I am wearing rose colored glasses. I better stop now. I have had a few wines and if it's not good I am calling Robert Mondavi for a refund. It was a 12 dollar bottle of wine !!!!!!

Stop engaging him. Seems he is delirious comparing rootstock to riggers lol but maybe I am wearing rose colored glasses. I better stop now. I have had a few wines and if it's not good I am calling Robert Mondavi for a refund. It was a 12 dollar bottle of wine !!!!!!

Now that is funny, but I am drinking box wine tonight. I don't deserve a refund.

Ok I am done making any more comments in this thread because it has been way overdone ....cheers Chummer don't get any cardboard cuts on those boxes

Paul