Cummins - 2020 Orders

Smokegobbler

5 year old buck +
Cumming is now taking orders for Spring of 2020. It appears they only have grade #1's listed at this point. A few Kerr's are on the list (MM 106 rootstock).

Thz for fueling the addiction... thought my pocket book was gunna see some relief over the next couple months.
Added a Newtown pippin and Wickson on b118 for the home orchard.

Still need 1 to round things out.
Cant decide...decisions decisions

That list enough to make a grown man salivate. I can’t afford this right now! I either need to buy more land, or clear out some room for more trees. I need some serious help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That list enough to make a grown man salivate. I can’t afford this right now! I either need to buy more land, or clear out some room for more trees. I need some serious help.

Sounds like you should buy more land and clear out more room!

I have an order for a Frostbite and Bonkers on P.18 already in place. I have around 20 trees in a raised bed nursery that will be going in the ground as well next spring.

I have an order for a Frostbite and Bonkers on P.18 already in place. I have around 20 trees in a raised bed nursery that will be going in the ground as well next spring.
My Bonkers are going bonkers this year and loaded with good size fruit yummy

nonsense......

.......there is ALWAYS room for one more tree

bill

Frostbite is one of my favorite trees. No apples yet but they have survived my winters well. I think I have 5 or 6 of them now. I have bonkers to that all died back their first winter but have since rebounded well.

Well I broke down and ordered 2 Kerr on mm106, 2 Chestnut on P18, 2 Transcendent crab on B118 and a Wickson on B118.

I haven’t tried Transcendent.

You got the makings of good cider in the other three.
e4e5eb06133790c73b27444582520f0e.jpg

Have the following on order for 2020 from Cummins :
20 - Haralson
10 - Liberty
15 - Spartan
10 - Yarlington Mill
3 - Wolf River

Received an update from Cummins yesterday on my 2018 grafting order that was to be delivered next year:
10 - Yarlington Mill were grafted to wrong root stock. I ordered B.118, they grafted P18. Don’t want P18.
8 of the 15 Spartans failed
3 of the 10 Liberty failed
3 of the 20 Haralson failed
Pretty disappointing considering there is a two year turnaround with a graft order.

Have the following on order for 2020 from Cummins :
20 - Haralson
10 - Liberty
15 - Spartan
10 - Yarlington Mill
3 - Wolf River

Received an update from Cummins yesterday on my 2018 grafting order that was to be delivered next year:
10 - Yarlington Mill were grafted to wrong root stock. I ordered B.118, they grafted P18. Don’t want P18.
Pretty disappointing considering there is a two year turnaround with a graft order.

Looks like you’ll have to try grafting your own this winter.

They frequently sub P18 for B.118 without telling you. For the record the P18 has done better for me than the B.118.

They frequently sub P18 for B.118 without telling you. For the record the P18 has done better for me than the B.118.

Thanks for the reply Chummer, in what way(s) has P18 been better for you? Thank you!

Thanks for the reply Chummer, in what way(s) has P18 been better for you? Thank you!
Just seems to put more wood on. It might be a coincidence based on location but the year I planted a lot of trees was 50/50 and 5 years in the P18 trees just look better and are noticeably bigger than the b.118.

Just seems to put more wood on. It might be a coincidence based on location but the year I planted a lot of trees was 50/50 and 5 years in the P18 trees just look better and are noticeably bigger than the b.118.
Thanks for the info Chummer!

Chummer - Thanks x 2 for the P-18 info. My camp has a couple on P-18 and they're new this spring. Nice to know what to expect from those P-18 trees.