Cummins 2016

Super excited to see the list and imagine the possibilities. And, wondering where in the world I am going to find room for the 40 grafts I have growing before I can even think about ordering more trees. But, I have to order 5... or maybe 10... well isn't there a price break... OH BOY!

Super excited to see the list and imagine the possibilities. And, wondering where in the world I am going to find room for the 40 grafts I have growing before I can even think about ordering more trees. But, I have to order 5... or maybe 10... well isn't there a price break... OH BOY!
Yea I feel the same way good thing I have about 70% of the cider varieties they are growing but then again there is that 30% !!!!!!!

2015 trees are only in the ground a month ............... and you just HAD to post this CL !!! I'm already thinking I need at least 1 Galarina ( probably 2 ) and 1 Priscilla. Probably a Wickson crab for my house !! Finding the brakes on this fruit tree thing is tough !!

2015 trees are only in the ground a month ............... and you just HAD to post this CL !!! I'm already thinking I need at least 1 Galarina ( probably 2 ) and 1 Priscilla. Probably a Wickson crab for my house !! Finding the brakes on this fruit tree thing is tough !!
It thought I was done because I was out of room. Now I am about to have 4 acres cleared...I don't think it is ever going to end.

Wolf River was the latest tree to leaf out on my farm this year. All 4 of my trees were last.

Just ordered 5 for next spring
1 chestnut crab b118
2 wolf river b118
1 zestar standard
1 honey crisp standard

Aero shared some JNC scions with me a couple years ago. I believe they were JNC- north cultivar though.? Very vigorous growing tree, no signs of disease on mine.
I will check to see if its north or south and the trees are both loaded this year. I had great apples from them 2 years ago. JNC are the initials of Steve Cummins father who is an apple God at Cornell. I need to find out the parentage of these trees

I will check to see if its north or south and the trees are both loaded this year. I had great apples from them 2 years ago. JNC are the initials of Steve Cummins father who is an apple God at Cornell. I need to find out the parentage of these trees

What is this JNC stuff you posted to, some kind of alternative Antonovka root stock?

Isn't ordering Cummins Trees now for next year still looking at $25-$30 a tree, i so much like grafting I don't think I can do this anymore buying fruit trees. :(

I don't see myself buying more grafted trees but there might be things I cannot get to graft myself.

I don't see myself buying more grafted trees but there might be things I cannot get to graft myself.
There inlies the problem. :)

Isn't ordering Cummins Trees now for next year still looking at $25-$30 a tree, i so much like grafting I don't think I can do this anymore buying fruit trees. :(
I noticed that to, it seems their price went up. I noticed that all the big box stores went up this year to. Their trees have always been 19.99-29.99, this year I noticed they are 29.99-49.99.

I noticed that to, it seems their price went up. I noticed that all the big box stores went up this year to. Their trees have always been 19.99-29.99, this year I noticed they are 29.99-49.99.

Yeah I see those big box store prices that half the trees look horrendous at and they want a kings ransom for them.

IMO, If you're looking to buy a grafted tree ready to plant - you can't beat nurseries like Cummins, ACN, SLN, Fedco, etc. for quality of stock. Nurseries that supply orchard men at commercial orchards HAVE to be good at what they do. Grafting your own is a whole different choice to make. I like grafting - now that I've tried it - but if I need " sure things ", I'll still buy from the experts. I get " done - deal " grafted trees with good wood & good roots ready to go. I don't want to ( totally ) risk graft failures, bugs eating my grafts, birds nipping the young leaves for nesting material, etc., and put off planting at camp for another year. Just M. O.

I got land & time, why not graft my own. However BNB your right if ya need it 100% today not a bad choice to make.

Right but it says 'south' are they recommending that specifically for diseases in like zones 6 and hotter?