All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Question Re: dual power bank...in the instructions it shows there are 2 different power cords for G series cams. G-rev2 uses the brown and G-cam uses black. Most of my cameras are G. how do I know if any are G-rev2? on my report they show G-1, G-2+ and G-3+
thank you in advance
the G rev 2 had a round plug filling the port, the rev 1 had a flap

Sorry if this is addressed somewhere in the thread already, but does anyone know of a way to increase the sensitivity on these cameras? I have a network of 8 set up on a property, replacing older Bushnell cameras, and I've noticed that the Cuddelink cameras are much less sensitive. On the one hand that's nice because I'm getting fewer pictures of branches blowing, but I'm also getting significantly less game shots. The Cuddeback documentation states that they've set their sensitivity after testing, and clearly it's done this way to reduce cell usage from rogue branch photos, but for my needs this is proving to be a significant disadvantage. Aside from things like changing camera heights and angles, is there any trick with the software or hardware to increase sensitivity?

Sorry if this is addressed somewhere in the thread already, but does anyone know of a way to increase the sensitivity on these cameras? I have a network of 8 set up on a property, replacing older Bushnell cameras, and I've noticed that the Cuddelink cameras are much less sensitive. On the one hand that's nice because I'm getting fewer pictures of branches blowing, but I'm also getting significantly less game shots. The Cuddeback documentation states that they've set their sensitivity after testing, and clearly it's done this way to reduce cell usage from rogue branch photos, but for my needs this is proving to be a significant disadvantage. Aside from things like changing camera heights and angles, is there any trick with the software or hardware to increase sensitivity?
you can install a 9004 centered fresnel lens, this will increase your detection range but narrow down the width in which it will detect, set the cams waist high at the highest.

i run a 3358 as an external pack on all my cameras and they typically dont switch to internals until i hit 110 days or more.
How can you tell when they switch? If they are the same voltage.

if the internals are the same voltage as the externals they run concurrent, they dont switch. I run all my external packs on cameras with the 4 d pack internal so they run on external first and then switch. IF you have a J with aa pack you are better off leaving it empty and just plugging the 3358 6 d booster in.

John I have the mode home 1385 will the power adapter work with it, the box doesn’t tell me what model j etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John I have the mode home 1385 will the power adapter work with it, the box doesn’t tell me what model j etc

if the port on the bottom of the unit is accessed thru a flap or door it wont until the adapters arrive.

Yes it’s the first home unit that came out a while back the 1385 so when is the projected date of the adapter

Yes it’s the first home unit that came out a while back the 1385 so when is the projected date of the adapter

i dont have a date at this time. it would be a wild guess at best.

if the internals are the same voltage as the externals they run concurrent, they dont switch. I run all my external packs on cameras with the 4 d pack internal so they run on external first and then switch. IF you have a J with aa pack you are better off leaving it empty and just plugging the 3358 6 d booster in.

Wait, why would you leave it empty? additional battery is additional battery, right? I have several j cams that I have 12 lithium’s plus 3358 boosters with 6Ds You saying it does me no good or am I misunderstanding ?

you can install a 9004 centered fresnel lens, this will increase your detection range but narrow down the width in which it will detect, set the cams waist high at the highest.
Not an ideal solution either - it would be nice if they'd expose the sensitivity setting of the sensor.

Not an ideal solution either - it would be nice if they'd expose the sensitivity setting of the sensor.
its heat and motion, deigned to prevent false images when possible, there isnt anything that can be changed on that. its a pick your poison deal. many are happy with the centered lens that want more detection but be prepared to search for animals way back in the frame of the picture cuz it picks up a long ways.

Wait, why would you leave it empty? additional battery is additional battery, right? I have several j cams that I have 12 lithium’s plus 3358 boosters with 6Ds You saying it does me no good or am I misunderstanding ?

you wont see a big advantage running concurrent with 9 volts in both. - i would STRONGLY advise not running lithium in the camera with alkaline d booster , you can fry or melt your booster that way. Take the money you spend on lithiums and buy the 4 d pack for the camera and run it with the 3358, Rayovac high energy D's and you should get 150-180 days of life without touching the camera.

You shouldn’t mix lithium and alkaline. It possibly can cause over heating and physical damage of either the camera or the 3358. It tells you this in the instructions for the 3358. There have been several post on “Cuddeback Users of America” page on Facebook covering this recently.

I don’t have Facebook. It’s garbage. Why would anyone read an instruction manual for a battery booster you put the batteries in and plug it in. It doesn’t even have a switch. Sigh.... another 5 hour trip to Illinois I guess. If something is gonna damage my camera I’d like it be in big red letters somewhere with the word “caution”.

Before you start in on me I know this is on me. I’m just annoyed that I didn’t know this.

I don’t have Facebook. It’s garbage. Why would anyone read an instruction manual for a battery booster you put the batteries in and plug it in. It doesn’t even have a switch. Sigh.... another 5 hour trip to Illinois I guess. If something is gonna damage my camera I’d like it be in big red letters somewhere with the word “caution”.

Before you start in on me I know this is on me. I’m just annoyed that I didn’t know this.

No problem just just making you aware of the possible problems. Hey I just read it yesterday.

No problem just just making you aware of the possible problems. Hey I just read it yesterday.
I appreciate it, I guess i just assumed volatage is voltage and lithiums last longer i might as well use them. None the less appreciate the advice.

its heat and motion, deigned to prevent false images when possible, there isnt anything that can be changed on that. its a pick your poison deal. many are happy with the centered lens that want more detection but be prepared to search for animals way back in the frame of the picture cuz it picks up a long ways.

John,

I have the same issue. I had a spypoint cell camera on my food plot and would pick up the whole field if something moved in it. I agree the definition wasn't good at a certain distance but it told me which buck group was running together and eating in that food plot.

Now I have a cuddelink on that field and not one picture of a deer and I've move the camera twice. Once it was high and moved based on your feedback(thanks) and now at waist high where the deer are entering the field. This is a brand new camera with updated firmware.

I'm buying the cudde post to move this camera a third time to a location on the edge of the field where I know the buck group gathers to eat clover. If nothing, then I will be selling the complete system and going back to a one cell system that at least picks up movement. I like this system idea because i can't get cell service in the valley but I feel like i'm flying blind.

In my opinion no excuse for these cameras being so difficult to set up on the edge of food plots and I'm extremely FRUSTRATED. This is like setting up a home network and you spend more time troubleshooting it than enjoying it...lol

Any words of wisdom before I go back to the property this week?

I have a question regarding my home cam not sending me my emails. All has been well for over a year, randomly this Monday i did not receive my emails, checked home cam and all was fine, scrolled the menu all cams were online and rearmed. An hour later all pjcs form past day came thru. Was fine yesterday, and now this morning no emails again. Just wondering what i can checkout to remedy issue, all cams seem to be functioning properly just not sending my emails? Not sure if service is issue? If should do a check there? Firmware is older 6.7 jseries and 7.3. Home cam, has been fine for over a year, not sure i see a reason to update just yet if has been fine. Any help appreciated

I'm having major issues with battery packs lately. The majority of my cameras (G series bf and IR's) are not recognizing battery packs anymore and I'm burning through batteries like wild fire. I'm guessing now that most are probably unused batteries that these cheap Chinese components are not recognizing. I ran externals on all of these cams last year with out recognition issues, this problem started early spring. We really shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get these add-on's that Cuddeback forces us to buy working correctly. Is it asking too much to have it all streamlined? 25 cams with dual power bank and batteries is around 10k, Cudde's system shouldn't be so jenky for that price. It's incredibly frustrating, most of us use this system in remote areas that we have to plan/spend an entire day to provide maintenance.

I've been following instructions from a previous post...taking out internals/draining capacitor then attaching the 3358 or dual power banks then inserting internals into unit, the externals are still not being recognized on 15 out of 20 I put a few dual power banks on cameras the other day and only my home cam shows Ext-1 ok and that has changed on every report the past 3 days. Yesterday it showed ext-1 ok, this morning just ok and when I looked at yesterdays report on today's report(confusing?) it showed just ok lol. Also the previous reports are different on today's report than they were yesterday. What gives? This is all very frustrating for numerous reasons(time and money wasted primarily).