Cuddeback's Cuddelink

no offense taken to anything you said, however 10 times out of 10. I would have done the same thing over again. Simply like you could have just PM’d me that response instead of posting it. But as a cuddeback rep you feel you needed to respond with that.

Honestly though if I have bad experience with something, I’m gonna post about it. That way other sportsman know and they can make up their mind on what’s best for them. People should know of other users experiences with all aspects of the system. Even if their experiences differed. Otherwise the Narrative gets controlled... i feel like that’s what happens on this thread at times.... Narrative Control. We all appreciate the help, but I hope cuddeback understands that this is a thread on Habitat-Talk not a cuddeback sponsered site. If they/you want to monitor the thread and provide insight that’s fine. Many of us, myself included appreciate it. However, I don’t think we should be told what we should or shouldn’t be doing though. People are free to post what they feel when they feel it.

That’s just my two cents.
understood, although i never intended to control the narrative- but i do try to answer questions and clear up misconceptions whenever i get the chance. I had discussed with Bill earlier this fall about starting a couple new threads for multiple reasons and the narrative comment made me realize i should have done that a while ago. I will be starting a new thread regarding features and another for trouble shooting. I definitely dont want to look as though im controlling the narrative on your thread so i will cease posting on this one to make that very clear to anyone who has similar feelings as you.

understood, although i never intended to control the narrative- but i do try to answer questions and clear up misconceptions whenever i get the chance. I had discussed with Bill earlier this fall about starting a couple new threads for multiple reasons and the narrative comment made me realize i should have done that a while ago. I will be starting a new thread regarding features and another for trouble shooting. I definitely dont want to look as though im controlling the narrative on your thread so i will cease posting on this one to make that very clear to anyone who has similar feelings as you.

Nah Man keep using the thread. It’s helped others out. Let’s not ruin that for people. This is where everyone knows to come for now until the new threads are up. It’s not “my” thread either I just happened to start the conversation.

I think very few feel that way, but I guess I could be wrong. Please continue to assist us. I think most people realize that this is a whole new animal and it has morphed and improved every step of the way. Is it perfect, no not yet, but I think it's headed the right way.

PEP, i have held off commenting on your post but here goes-
whats frustrating to me... is that you started this thread, so you surely know you could have reached out to me via PM and i would have gladly helped you like i have helped countless others on this thread. The CS rep is instructed to go thru a progression.They dont know your background and they dont know that you are are a regular on this forum with more knowledge than most. The reason they go thru the progression, is that if they issued an ra for every customer that called and asked for a new camera or a return because "they know" its defective the Level and speed of overall customer service would slow down dramatically for those like yourself that really do have a problem- but for those that dont really have an issue- a simple firmware update, change of batteries, sd card or settings change can fix it. at least 95 % percent of call ins are fixed without the camera being replaced and or sent in.
Im not doubting your camera needs replacement, but you can update firmware in half the time it took to post on the thread. Or you could contact me and i would get it handled for you right away and get you taken care of.
For the record , if low batteries are what is causing your runway trigger- often times a firmware update is all it needs. If the camera is doing this on good battery power then it most often will need replacement.
You can PM me your real name and your phone # and ill have someone contact you to help you out. If you do end up switching brands i doubt you will find a brand that has better service than cuddeback and you definitely wont have a rep for the company monitoring a forum on an almost daily basis. I want to get anyone and everyone on this forum help when they need it and have success while using cuddeback cameras. If anyone needs help im here , if you arent happy with how i help you - fire away and bash me all you want- ive been a rep for over 20 years and have pretty thick skin.

no offense taken to anything you said, however 10 times out of 10. I would have done the same thing over again. Simply like you could have just PM’d me that response instead of posting it. But as a cuddeback rep you feel you needed to respond with that.

Honestly though if I have bad experience with something, I’m gonna post about it. That way other sportsman know and they can make up their mind on what’s best for them. People should know of other users experiences with all aspects of the system. Even if their experiences differed. Otherwise the Narrative gets controlled... i feel like that’s what happens on this thread at times.... Narrative Control. We all appreciate the help, but I hope cuddeback understands that this is a thread on Habitat-Talk not a cuddeback sponsered site. If they/you want to monitor the thread and provide insight that’s fine. Many of us, myself included appreciate it. However, I don’t think we should be told what we should or shouldn’t be doing though. People are free to post what they feel when they feel it.

I think there is a difference in bad service and what you went through. Having a company want you to go through the steps to troubleshoot is not what I would call bad customer service.
You told the rep that this has been an issue from the beginning and you did the firmware update to other cameras that had the same issue without it fixing the problem, however how does the customer service rep know this to all be true?
Lots of people say lots of things to cut corners to get to the end result they want, which would be to simply send it back rather than troubleshoot.
You think it is any different when dealing with other manufacturers? You make a call and say that the camera you own is taking random/too many pics and they will just say "okay, send it in"?
Maybe they do, but certainly not an efficient way to handle things.

I think there is a difference in bad service and what you went through. Having a company want you to go through the steps to troubleshoot is not what I would call bad customer service.
You told the rep that this has been an issue from the beginning and you did the firmware update to other cameras that had the same issue without it fixing the problem, however how does the customer service rep know this to all be true?
Lots of people say lots of things to cut corners to get to the end result they want, which would be to simply send it back rather than troubleshoot.
You think it is any different when dealing with other manufacturers? You make a call and say that the camera you own is taking random/too many pics and they will just say "okay, send it in"?
Maybe they do, but certainly not an efficient way to handle things.

I would argue differently because that’s Extremely high level without concept of the conversation but honestly what good would that be at this point. Moving on.

To be honest I have had 4 runaway cams 3 on the same tree out of I think around 30 cameras. Customer service and i both had a good laugh when they asked me to go through the settings and I stopped them half way through to tell them time lapse wasn’t turned on. “ oh you’ve done this before huh” I had to go through the same thing on the last one with a firmware update, I turned it on on the table and watched it take a bunch of pics called back the same day and was sent a ra.

Early on Neighbor said he was having the same issue we went through his settings and he had accidentally turned time lapse on. I haven’t had a single issue this entire year except for an external cable melting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to confirm. If I have the K camera that was directly purchased and not part of the Black Friday deal, I only need to purchase the 750 picture $120 annual plan to have it unlock? I know the Black Friday deal requires at least the 2000 picture $180 annual plan. Just making sure before I activate a plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would he have PM'd you? You already elected to air the laundry in public, why would he not respond in kind?

I've had some minor problems with the system, thus far John has talked me through every one and I haven't had to deal with CS. It would be a real pity if we lose this support because people can't deal with things with a bit more maturity. Fix the firmware, if it still runs away, I'm sure they will be happy to help you. Honestly I thought runaway cameras were the norm until I got Cuddelink...haven't had one yet. I get that it's a diagnostic step to go through and that's extra work but they can't just replace every camera people call in on unless you want to be paying $500/camera.

My treadmill broke I spend 3 hours on the phone with them running diagnostics....turns out my treadmill had the wrong console installed. Had they just sent me new parts it would have been the wrong one and I would have repeated the problem, it was only by running the process that we found the root problem and fixed it on the first try.

I can't think of another product I use which gets the service I see on this thread. Think long and hard before you decide to put an end to that.

Just want to confirm. If I have the K camera that was directly purchased and not part of the Black Friday deal, I only need to purchase the 750 picture $120 annual plan to have it unlock? I know the Black Friday deal requires at least the 2000 picture $180 annual plan. Just making sure before I activate a plan.

That would be correct. According to Jon, any annual plan will unlock the camera.

Why would he have PM'd you? You already elected to air the laundry in public, why would he not respond in kind?

I've had some minor problems with the system, thus far John has talked me through every one and I haven't had to deal with CS. It would be a real pity if we lose this support because people can't deal with things with a bit more maturity. Fix the firmware, if it still runs away, I'm sure they will be happy to help you. Honestly I thought runaway cameras were the norm until I got Cuddelink...haven't had one yet. I get that it's a diagnostic step to go through and that's extra work but they can't just replace every camera people call in on unless you want to be paying $500/camera.

My treadmill broke I spend 3 hours on the phone with them running diagnostics....turns out my treadmill had the wrong console installed. Had they just sent me new parts it would have been the wrong one and I would have repeated the problem, it was only by running the process that we found the root problem and fixed it on the first try.

I can't think of another product I use which gets the service I see on this thread. Think long and hard before you decide to put an end to that.

If you read, a couple posts after that, I said pretty much the same thing to John. This forum helps out others, keep using it.... In no way was my intention to stop that. I think that was clear.

You probably could have just let it go. Since the whole thing is behind both us at the moment. But if your lecture makes you feel better, glad I could be at your service :)

Good Luck. Hope the cudde system puts you on giants from here on out.

Just to give everyone a heads up. There is a Chinese site called prettyat.com which appears to be a scam that is advertising Cuddeback J series black flash at a ridiculously low price.
They even come up on Google. However, they are listed as a scam by numerous reputable sites. Just don't want anyone to get scammed!

I think it only unlocks with the 2000 image and the unlimited year subscription. I think there also needed the latest firmware.

don’t quote me, please wait for John

Hey guys. New to this forum and have read probably 25% of this thread. Kudos to all of you as you are very knowledgeable with these cams. Enough ass kissing! LOL I am looking into investing in several of these cameras and my question would be how long would be considered average battery life? I have a friend that runs 6 cameras (not sure if G or J series but he says he has AA & D batteries in his cams) and gets around 3 months on them. He also runs alkaline which I think would be pretty darn good since he isn't using lithiums in the AA. For myself, I would guess that I would have around 400-800 pics/month from AUG-DEC. Could I expect to get this kind of battery life in similar scenario? I realize tons of factors exist. 3 shot bursts and 15 min trigger. I have read of course negative feedback on these but I also realize a lot comes from inexperience with the cameras. I appreciate any feedback you guys may have. Thanks!!

Abc
Hey guys. New to this forum and have read probably 25% of this thread. Kudos to all of you as you are very knowledgeable with these cams. Enough ass kissing! LOL I am looking into investing in several of these cameras and my question would be how long would be considered average battery life? I have a friend that runs 6 cameras (not sure if G or J series but he says he has AA & D batteries in his cams) and gets around 3 months on them. He also runs alkaline which I think would be pretty darn good since he isn't using lithiums in the AA. For myself, I would guess that I would have around 400-800 pics/month from AUG-DEC. Could I expect to get this kind of battery life in similar scenario? I realize tons of factors exist. 3 shot bursts and 15 min trigger. I have read of course negative feedback on these but I also realize a lot comes from inexperience with the cameras. I appreciate any feedback you guys may have. Thanks!!

Are you saying 15 min delay?

I originally had 5 sec delay with 3pic burst. But soon discovered 5 sec iis enough without burst. I ran from middle of June to middle of Dec (~135day) on 6 D-cell booster in G Powerhouse Blackflash. 1000's of pictures. Dec to Mar temperatures will do a number on the Alkalines. But we see very few day in the freezing temps.

Sorry guys. Just read post 1128...looks like I should get 3-4 months no problem with the battery backups! That's perfect for my application!!!

Sorry RRAB58, just saw your post. Even better! I really don't need the wireless version of the Cudde. I love the link system of the cams as I have access close from home cam to do a hard pull without any disturbances. I am really interested in the PowerHouse Black Flash

Sorry guys. Just read post 1128...looks like I should get 3-4 months no problem with the battery backups! That's perfect for my application!!!

#1128 ??? you got a few days reading to go...lol When you get caught up, there's a couple more forums starting up on here by John Volkman that will be good to watch as well.

Sorry RRAB58, just saw your post. Even better! I really don't need the wireless version of the Cudde. I love the link system of the cams as I have access close from home cam to do a hard pull without any disturbances. I am really interested in the PowerHouse Black Flash

I cannot say enough about the PH. I have all the flash modules, seeing which I like best. Take your pick, they all take awesome night pics.

Thanks a bunch! Appreciate your input! I am considering purchasing 3 of these to put in my arsenal! Actually I will be! lol

I cannot say enough about the PH. I have all the flash modules, seeing which I like best. Take your pick, they all take awesome night pics.

Do you have comparison of the PH and PH black flash?