Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Our set up shouldn’t need the full sixteen so we should be able to get some repeater units if need be. It would be interesting to see how much the rat tail would give us distance. Obviously we would try and streamline the system and keep the signals as high as possible to try and conserve as much battery as we can.
Do not expect miracles with the rat-tail. You can Google it. Nobody will have the same set-up, what works for one, may not work for another.

Sign in CELL MANAGEMENT tab on Cuddeback website. It will tell you amount of data used. Gives you the option to change plan. View attachment 27386
I am on the 750 picture plan.
Data used is currently at 2.21 MB and the extra images enabled is on yes.

Would you be able to rig up a solar panel to that as well to keep it trickle charged like HME has done for their cellular stealth cams? I’m definitely interested if you think that could outlast the double power pack.

I don't think a solar trickle on the battery will affect anything on the camera end, it still steps the voltage down to correct voltage.

Our set up shouldn’t need the full sixteen so we should be able to get some repeater units if need be. It would be interesting to see how much the rat tail would give us distance. Obviously we would try and streamline the system and keep the signals as high as possible to try and conserve as much battery as we can.

The upcoming firmware update is going to increase the network size to 24, I believe, is what we've been told.

There are no changes to cuddelink cameras for 2020 other than a rolling change to the j series in where they will all eventually come with a 4 d cell battery pack instead of the 12 AA pack currently offered . We also will have a cable that will allow you to run your cameras off a 12 volt source if that is what you prefer.
John,
Will this cable work with the new “J” series that uses the 4 d batteries?

I don't think a solar trickle on the battery will affect anything on the camera end, it still steps the voltage down to correct voltage.
That is correct. I bought an aftermarket cable to take 12V down to 9V and it works regardless of the voltage. I even checked it with a batter charger when it was reading 14 V and the output was still a steady 9.

if you have extra images enabled and your K stopped send
I am on the 750 picture plan.
Data used is currently at 2.21 MB and the extra images enabled is on yes.
ing images and the report it either lost signal, batteries died , or there is an issue with the modem. I would pull it and set up a return for service or replacement if the batteries are good and you are confident you have good service in that spot.

John,
Will this cable work with the new “J” series that uses the 4 d batteries?
yes, it will work with any cuddelink camera. An older G camera will need an adapter which i think will be included with the cable.

Would you be able to rig up a solar panel to that as well to keep it trickle charged like HME has done for their cellular stealth cams? I’m definitely interested if you think that could outlast the double power pack.
Yes, you could charge the 12 volt with a panel and connect the plug to it - our solar power bank is not set up to connect and or charge a 12 volt battery.
if you meant the Dual power bank im not sure if a 12 volt with solar would outlast it or not. I think the dual power bank with solar may last a year or longer.

John,

Will there ever be a way on the J cameras for them to show when the externals go dead and it is running on internals? I know the issue right now is they show the same voltage so the camera doesn't know. It would be a nice feature for sure, so for those of us that are a ways from our camps can gauge when we need to make a trip to that camera.

John,

Will there ever be a way on the J cameras for them to show when the externals go dead and it is running on internals? I know the issue right now is they show the same voltage so the camera doesn't know. It would be a nice feature for sure, so for those of us that are a ways from our camps can gauge when we need to make a trip to that camera.
this is one of the reasons the J is being transitioned to a 4 d battery pack over the 12 AA. with the 4 d pack on it , the camera will recognize the external the same way the g camera does.

W
yes, it will work with any cuddelink camera. An older G camera will need an adapter which i think will be included with the cable.
Will this cable drop the voltage to 6 V or can the camera handle 6 or 9 V?

this is one of the reasons the J is being transitioned to a 4 d battery pack over the 12 AA. with the 4 d pack on it , the camera will recognize the external the same way the g camera does.

Will the old J's be able to be changed over to the new 4 D battery pack?

At some point I believe we will offer the 4 d pack as an accessory. I’m not sure on the eta on that at this time

Do not expect miracles with the rat-tail. You can Google it. Nobody will have the same set-up, what works for one, may not work for another.
My experience with the rat tail was limited. I used them on 2 cameras both with signals in the single digits and low teens. I was able to boost them both up to the mid 30's. This was on fairly flat terrain that had a thick canopy of about 30'. I'll definitely be playing with them some more and trying to stretch the limits when I put my cams back out....which will be soon. I'll keep updating.

I used 1/4" ring terminals and 14 gauge wire about 12" long. IMG_20191223_034720.jpg

My experience with the rat tail was limited. I used them on 2 cameras both with signals in the single digits and low teens. I was able to boost them both up to the mid 30's. This was on fairly flat terrain that had a thick canopy of about 30'. I'll definitely be playing with them some more and trying to stretch the limits when I put my cams back out....which will be soon. I'll keep updating.

I used 1/4" ring terminals and 14 gauge wire about 12" long. View attachment 27404
Single conductor or stranded? Do you have a pic showing attached to camera?

I used 1/4" ring terminals and 14 gauge wire about 12" long. View attachment 27404
That’s about a 50% increase I think the Length has a lot to do with it those maybe to long with VHF radio the rat tail are about the same length as the Antenna , have you tried smaller ones

John
I recently got the J-1521 two pack and sent in for the free K-5789 , I have the 3532 solar kit with aa battery power pack and I have the 3358 power pack I am using them on the C and X change model cameras , I need the cables to use them with the new J-1521 and K-5789 do you have a list of what cables work with all these different Products . This is something Cuddeback should have on there web site

Question: My dual cell ran well for over 100 days on D-batteries. It recently died. With the new set of batteries the CC test fails. Tried different locations but still no luck. Any suggestions?