All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Why do I need an annual plan to unlock the camera? Am I not paying my dues the same as the guy who buys an annual? It actually would cost me more...

So if I buy a $120 plan just once, my camera is unlocked. But if I pay $15 X 4 months, for 5 years = $300, my camera never unlocks?
correct -only on an annual plan , if your end goal is to unlock the camera, pay the $120 up front rather than the $300 over 5 years. we offered an unlocked Dual cell for $400 retail when we launched the Dual cell initially and NOT ONE retailer chose to stock it. They all chose the $200 version and it has proven very successful.

Last edited:
correct -only on an annual plan , if your end goal is to unlock the camera, pay the $120 up front rather than the $300 over 5 years. we offered an unlocked Dual cell for $400 retail when we launched the Dual cell initially and NOT ONE retailer chose to stock it. They all chose the $200 version and it has proven very successful.
Thank you for clearing that up. Seems like an odd way to structure it. Im not complaining either, just looking for the clarification. I knew what I was getting when I purchased the $200 K, I just never knew I could unlock it.

I ran a 6 cam CL network this fall with great results. 5 cams had the latest 7.7 FW & 1.0.8 CL version. 1 cam wouldn't take the new firmware so it had 6.7 & 1.0. I had that cam set to 2 shot burst. After going through pics, I seem to miss pics on 5 sec delay (quickest option that 7.7 allows). The 1 cam on 6.7 missed nothing and provided some great pics. I realize I will go through more data and battery life, but I'm at 70 days and counting so not much of an issue. How can I switch the 5 cams back to 6.7? Cuddeback only has the latest version for download? Any other hiccups I should know about before switching back to older FW version for next fall?

I have a runaway camera I have to go get out of the woods tonight and send back. It's taken about 1300 pictures of nothing since yesterday. If that camera has 220 pictures in queue shouldn't I get emails of 30 pictures over and over until it clears?
Mine cleared queue like that on several occasions. But for some reason not just one after another until it clears. May take a couple of days. And on one occasion one of mine cleared and it didn’t email the total. But I was glad it cleared on it’s own, it helped unload my network.

I ran a 6 cam CL network this fall with great results. 5 cams had the latest 7.7 FW & 1.0.8 CL version. 1 cam wouldn't take the new firmware so it had 6.7 & 1.0. I had that cam set to 2 shot burst. After going through pics, I seem to miss pics on 5 sec delay (quickest option that 7.7 allows). The 1 cam on 6.7 missed nothing and provided some great pics. I realize I will go through more data and battery life, but I'm at 70 days and counting so not much of an issue. How can I switch the 5 cams back to 6.7? Cuddeback only has the latest version for download? Any other hiccups I should know about before switching back to older FW version for next fall?
I saved a copy of 6.7 on desktop. I could email you but I won’t be home for a week or so. Let me know if you want it.

... I could email you but I won’t be home for a week or so...
I've found that if I meet the UPS man at the curb, destroy the box and hide the cameras my wife doesn't have cause to throw me out for a week or so. What she doesn't know won't hurt me! Just saying... :emoji_grinning:

Mine cleared queue like that on several occasions. But for some reason not just one after another until it clears. May take a couple of days. And on one occasion one of mine cleared and it didn’t email the total. But I was glad it cleared on it’s own, it helped unload my network.
I'm going to pull it tonight. It's sending pictures to my home cell faster than the home cell can send them too me. By this morning's report it had taken 1300 pictures in about 12 hours and as of 11:45 this morning the last batch of 30 had a timestamp of 5:58pm yesterday. I did manage to get a couple pictures from different cameras during this mess.

I saved a copy of 6.7 on desktop. I could email you but I won’t be home for a week or so. Let me know if you want it.
I think I've saved all the firmware updates since I got the system 2 years ago. I can check tonight for 6.7 if you need it.

Thanks - that would be great. matts@hharchery.com

Maybe Cuddeback will bring back the burst options in the next firmware now that the battery life issue has been taken care of. It only sends the 1st pic anyways so there's some nice surprises when you actually pull the card.

I think I've saved all the firmware updates since I got the system 2 years ago. I can check tonight for 6.7 if you need it.

Thanks JLemon. My email is in the reply above if you have it.

Not to add to the confusion, but I have more questions.

I have a K cam right now. Will it unlock if I buy a year subscription?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but to keep getting cell photos from an unlocked K (unlocked by a years worth of subscription) you will still need a cell plan?

what is the advantage of an unlocked K?

I have a K cam right now. Will it unlock if I buy a year subscription? yes if your firmware is current

Correct me if I’m wrong, but to keep getting cell photos from an unlocked K (unlocked by a years worth of subscription) you will still need a cell plan? correct anytime you want images sent via cell you need an active plan.

what is the advantage of an unlocked K? this would allow you to use the camera as a conventional camera when a plan is not active or as a remote in a cuddelink network when the plan is not active. most people only use the K when they have an active cell plan.

I have a K cam right now. Will it unlock if I buy a year subscription?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but to keep getting cell photos from an unlocked K (unlocked by a years worth of subscription) you will still need a cell plan?

what is the advantage of an unlocked K?
I can use it as a regular home or remote for 9 months a year then activate it for 3 months i need cell pics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just received the promotion package from Farmstead Outdoors. This package has the new J cameras that run off of 4 (d) batteries. My question is how to use the dual power bank with these. Can I put 4 D batteries in the J cam and then plug the dual power unit loaded with 12 more D batteries into it?

I just received the promotion package from Farmstead Outdoors. This package has the new J cameras that run off of 4 (d) batteries. My question is how to use the dual power bank with these. Can I put 4 D batteries in the J cam and then plug the dual power unit loaded with 12 more D batteries into it?
Yes you can but you really don’t need the 4 internal ds when running that set up.

Yes you can but you really don’t need the 4 internal ds when running that set up.

Would it extend the run time? What function would the internals provide if I did have them in?

Would it extend the run time? What function would the internals provide if I did have them in?
All they would provide is back up for the other 2 banks in case the cord was removed or chewed off by something

They are available now , but you won’t see them in some stores until 2020. Most independent dealers could order them for you now if you want one . It’s to late in the year for large multi store retailers to bring them in.

Just FYI, I was told by CS that the $10 a month or $120 annual cell plan is not available for the Special. You must get the $15 a month or $180 annual cell plan is the minimum you can get.

Just FYI, I was told by CS that the $10 a month or $120 annual cell plan is not available for the Special. You must get the $15 a month or $180 annual cell plan is the minimum you can get.
Correct, you can the 2000 image or unlimited plans only for the rebate as John pointed out earlier.