Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I think it has been asked before but can you change transmission time while keeping 12hr transmission for the cell. I am getting pics at 4 and 6 on multiple cams which is less than ideal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think it has been asked before but can you change transmission time while keeping 12hr transmission for the cell. I am getting pics at 4 and 6 on multiple cams which is less than ideal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
shortest delay for CL remote to home is 5 seconds. On 7.7 firmware the cl delay is mated with your camera delay. Keep in mind that the home unit can only receive one image at a time so if one image is transmitting others need to wait "their turn" so to speak. you can run your cell batch by hour or qty, many use one or two hours, I typically run batch 10 or 15 unless i have a high number of images coming in, then i switch to batch 30 to help save battery life on the cell unit.
if you are asking if you can set the time the cell transmits , There is isnt a way to set the actual time of transmission. It will also send approx at 4-5 am every day, the program sends a report and a whatever is in the que no matter what the setting is.

Last edited:
shortest delay for CL remote to home is 5 seconds. On 7.7 firmware the cl delay is mated with your camera delay. Keep in mind that the home unit can only receive one image at a time so if one image is transmitting others need to wait "their turn" so to speak. you can run your cell batch by hour or qty, many use one or two hours, I typically run batch 10 or 15 unless i have a high number of images coming in, then i switch to batch 30 to help save battery life on the cell unit.
if you are asking if you can set the time the cell transmits , There is isnt a way to set the actual time of transmission. It will also send approx at 4-5 am every day, the program sends a report and a whatever is in the que no matter what the setting is.

John, doesn’t countdown timer for Hourly setting start at what time it is when you turn TL or Hr setting on and/or batteries are swapped resets when powered on?

John, doesn’t countdown timer for Hourly setting start at what time it is when you turn TL or Hr setting on and/or batteries are swapped resets when powered on?
in some cases yes, on the 12 hour setting i believe its 6 am and 6 pm(as long as pics are waiting in que) often times the 430 am report will clear the question and there wont be any images waiting at 6 am.

Here is something strange. I got to my place late last night and walked the food plots to pull card and I pulled the CL card so I could get better view of what the bucks looked like.
Plan was to put it back into the camera this morning.
Well, weird thing is that I didn't get the normal report or any pics at the usual 4am batch.
I put the card back in this morning and saw that the camera was still "armed".
Will the camera not throw you a report if there is no card on it?
Do you have to turn the camera off when taking out or switching cards?

Never left a card out overnight, but I don't turn them off when switching/downloading cards. I do go back and make sure they are armed before I leave though

Here is something strange. I got to my place late last night and walked the food plots to pull card and I pulled the CL card so I could get better view of what the bucks looked like.
Well, weird thing is that I didn't get the normal report or any pics at the usual 4am batch.
Every camera needs a card in it to operate correctly, you can push any button to pause the cameras when swapping cards

Is there a proper process when hooking up an external pack to a camera? When I first connected my 3358 to a camera the only way the camera would read the external pack was to take the batteries out of the camera, drain the power, connect external pack, re-install batteries into camera. Today I swapped out external pack because batteries were low. I unhooked the cable, the camera still read “ext ok”, then connected the new pack to the camera. It still read “ext ok”. So I then turned the camera off, then back on just to make sure it still read “ext ok”?

Is there a proper process when hooking up an external pack to a camera? When I first connected my 3358 to a camera the only way the camera would read the external pack was to take the batteries out of the camera, drain the power, connect external pack, re-install batteries into camera. Today I swapped out external pack because batteries were low. I unhooked the cable, the camera still read “ext ok”, then connected the new pack to the camera. It still read “ext ok”. So I then turned the camera off, then back on just to make sure it still read “ext ok”?
if you want it to recognize it right away you need to pull the internal batteries and make sure the lcd screen is blank before reinserting them. if you plug in the booster first after the screen clears it will recognize the booster first.

I am OCD. I try not to pull SD cards when it is taking a picture and reading to card, which is near impossible to sneak it out without triggering it. So I watch the display and as soon as it takes my picture and allows me, I toggle a button to pause it and then pull card. There's plenty of reading that warns against it as it may corrupt card. But that's just me. May not hurt anything, but I consider it a possible failure point that I can avoid very easily.

IMO, it’s best to get in a routine of doing same thing every time.

John, In reference to the upcoming Black Friday sale, are the cameras available for Black Friday prices as soon as they arrive at the retailer or must we wait for the Nov 22 date of announcement? Thanks!

I called Farmstead Outdoors today and they have the camera sale available now.

https://farmsteadoutdoors.com/product/cuddeback-cuddelink-2camera-starter-kit-11476/

The attached pic is from a different retailer’s Black Friday sale ad but it’s the same deal.

Attachments

• 3B224985-E379-4E0C-84A1-0DADDDEFF747.jpeg
    3B224985-E379-4E0C-84A1-0DADDDEFF747.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 54
I can’t not find a local dealer list, as far as I know there isn’t any dealers close to me.

What are some online dealers that would have the sale?

does the two pack starter J cams also come in black flash? I’m talking about the Black Friday sale starter pack?

I can’t not find a local dealer list, as far as I know there isn’t any dealers close to me.

What are some online dealers that would have the sale?

does the two pack starter J cams also come in black flash? I’m talking about the Black Friday sale starter pack?
2 pack is only available in ir , the link in buffalo bucks last post is an example pf a retailer that sells the 2 pack, there are quite a few retailers who will have this promo. Large and small.
fleet farm, scheels , cabelas bass pro to name a few of the larger chains and many of the independents throughout the US. Many of them have websites you can order thru, as mentioned before this special is not available thru 3rd party sites like amazon, eBay etc. I anticipate these will sell quickly since there is a limited amount that were made. IF anyone is unable to find them , PM me with you location and ill try to find some options for you.

Last edited:
2 pack is only available in ir , the link in buffalo bucks last post is a retailer that sells the 2 pack

The new J cameras, can you run battery boosters with them?

The new J cameras, can you run battery boosters with them?
Yes you can and because the internals are 6 volts they will recognize the boosters on the report

Yes you can and because the internals are 6 volts they will recognize the boosters on the report

So the new J cams are going to run 4 D batteries like the current G cams?

The two packs will run on 4 d’s. Eventually all J cameras will but this will be a rolling change throughout 2020

What is the difference between the new J and the G series? I always thought it was 9 volt vs 6 volt, and AA vs D

I don’t want to be a bother, I just want to understand the difference from old J to new J. And anything else new before I pull the trigger on several more cameras.

What is the difference between the new J and the G series? I always thought it was 9 volt vs 6 volt, and AA vs D

I don’t want to be a bother, I just want to understand the difference from old J to new J. And anything else new before I pull the trigger on several more cameras.
G series has a patented capacitor that holds a charge and gives you full flash range even when batteries are low and the g also has the ability to utilize powerhouse flash modules which are replaceable and also much more powerful than the j series

The two packs will run on 4 d’s. Eventually all J cameras will but this will be a rolling change throughout 2020
That's a very welcome change!