Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Could be wrong. I don’t know where you are. But pic 3 and 4 look like a frosted lense. I get that with all my cams when we get a heavy frost..
I’d say you’re right. It’s suppose to warm up today so hopefully it will clear up.

One tip for everyone as we approach the end off the camera season, when you pull your cameras at the end of the year dont pull them from cold temps outside and immediately put them in a warm house or building , no different than pulling a gun in and having moisture develop, if you cameras go from very cold to warm - moisture can be an issue and electronics dont like moisture. When i pull mine i leave them in an outside garage and i rarely bring them in the house.

Those must be D cells. The AAs I use on my G solar packs I have the highest mAh I can find which are 2800. They always show low but they keep on working
Yes those are D cells at 10,000 mAh. The AA rechargeables I use are the ones that came with the solar chargers mostly Tenergys. It is a good idea to check the AA batteries individually to see if they are good occasionally. It only takes one bad one to make all 12 run down quickly.

Yes those are D cells at 10,000 mAh. The AA rechargeables I use are the ones that came with the solar chargers mostly Tenergys. It is a good idea to check the AA batteries individually to see if they are good occasionally. It only takes one bad one to make all 12 run down quickly.

I've actually found that 1 bad cell will cause an error on the camera (not just make it run down faster). I have several smart chargers (I like my ThruNite ones the best) that tell me battery health, so I'm with you!

John, In reference to the upcoming Black Friday sale, are the cameras available for Black Friday prices as soon as they arrive at the retailer or must we wait for the Nov 22 date of announcement? Thanks!

John, In reference to the upcoming Black Friday sale, are the cameras available for Black Friday prices as soon as they arrive at the retailer or must we wait for the Nov 22 date of announcement? Thanks!
most retailers have them already and i assume they will sell them for the black friday price now but that is ultimately their call.

Im still not getting any of my cams that had recent battery changes to connect in the status report after 3 days. Extremely frustrated. I had cleared all the sd cards in cams I changed batteries in at same time. Now I just went and pulled the cards which was the whole reason I spent 2400 bucks on all this stuff to avoid.... all the cards have no pics, just a link to cuddelink help pages is only thing on the cards. (Note this was just on my home farm, didn't go back up to Michigan to futz with my other system which is doing same thing. Any ideas? I've talked 2 of my buddies into this system since I loved it at first. Im afraid to tell them what's going on with mine. It's obviously something im doing wrong since it's on 2 separate systems. Just wish they'd work like did out of box 2 months ago

Im still not getting any of my cams that had recent battery changes to connect in the status report after 3 days. Extremely frustrated. I had cleared all the sd cards in cams I changed batteries in at same time. Now I just went and pulled the cards which was the whole reason I spent 2400 bucks on all this stuff to avoid.... all the cards have no pics, just a link to cuddelink help pages is only thing on the cards. (Note this was just on my home farm, didn't go back up to Michigan to futz with my other system which is doing same thing. Any ideas? I've talked 2 of my buddies into this system since I loved it at first. Im afraid to tell them what's going on with mine. It's obviously something im doing wrong since it's on 2 separate systems. Just wish they'd work like did out of box 2 months ago
Pm me and leave your number or I’ll pm you mine, if you have the cams with issues in hand we can walk thru the settings and figure it out

[
Pm me and leave your number or I’ll pm you mine, if you have the cams with issues in hand we can walk thru the settings and figure it out

This is why this forum is so active and well received. I doubt you can show me another forum with as many people willing to help another in need, especially a Rep going to this extent to help out. Thanks John!

When you swapped the batteries, did you pull the dead batteries out, and leave them out for a few seconds to let the internal charge completely die? I usually pull the batteries, then cycle through menus for a few seconds until the screen completely blank. Then you can put the new batteries in, and it should give you the "Welcome" message. If you swap them too quick, it still reads dead or low battery, or at least that's been my experience.

Check that DI/NI (pictures per detection) is not set to OFF in Adv Setting mode. If using Adv setting have this set to at least 1. I think this may be automatically disabled when in Cuddelink Mode with F/W 7.7 . In F/W 7.6, I can assure you it will not take a picture if it is set to Off.

When you swapped the batteries, did you pull the dead batteries out, and leave them out for a few seconds to let the internal charge completely die? I usually pull the batteries, then cycle through menus for a few seconds until the screen completely blank. Then you can put the new batteries in, and it should give you the "Welcome" message. If you swap them too quick, it still reads dead or low battery, or at least that's been my experience.

Yes indeed, I have this mistake tattooed in brain. Once it swaps to internals, it will not revert back to externals. If this cold weather causes any battery bank to fall low enough to switch, it's not just going to switch back to externals when it warms up and batteries regain some power.

I did notice that with one cam it still said bat dead. So I switched it with my spare cam that I had with me. Once that cam sat a while in truck it did give up on insisting the battery was dead. I just dumped old and replaced batteries right away, never thought about burning off juice left in cam.

So just got a text message from 2 of the cams I put brand new cards in. Could this issue be the recently swapped cards? I had formatted them in a card reader. Now with brand new out of the box sd cards I got some pics of me driving away after the swap. Never been so excited about a picture of myself lol

That link is usually attached to the firmware download. Did you happen to update F/W? If so, there should have been a couple more files to it. Also there are 2 "Clear" buttons. One of them Clears and Formats Card, the other Clears Transmit queue.

That link is usually attached to the firmware download. Did you happen to update F/W? If so, there should have been a couple more files to it. Also there are 2 "Clear" buttons. One of them Clears and Formats Card, the other Clears Transmit queue.
I didn't know what the clear option was to be honest. That will make formatting safer. Im thinking that was the issue, my card reader formatting wrong?

I didn't know what the clear option was to be honest. That will make formatting safer. Im thinking that was the issue, my card reader formatting wrong?

May be the issue. I use 32Gb cards. And they will not work in many of my other brand cameras. I do not swap cards between other brands. That's just me.

I always format one card in one of my cameras. I then take that card and upload Firmware on that card and use it to update all my camera's. I keep a extra card with the firmware I want on it in my backpack. If I suspect any irregularities, I simply update firmware on the spot. I always Clear/format each and every time I change cards. It is simply too easy not to.

we have found that a very large percentage of issues are traced back to SD card issues or battery issues. This is definitely not always the case but it happens so often that CS tries to rule those two factors out first before going any farther.

You may already know but just in case- Scrolling through Commands you will come to "CLEAR" that erases everything off card (including any firmware files) and formats card. The other Clear is located either under Link Menu (CC Clear on Remote) or Cell Menu (CL Clear on Home). This is your transmit queues. Any picture in these queues will be on your card that you are pulling, so there will be no reason for the pictures to be transmitted. So I alway's CC Clear on remote and/or CL Clear on home as well.

Hope you get it soon. Keep us posted.

I did notice that with one cam it still said bat dead. So I switched it with my spare cam that I had with me. Once that cam sat a while in truck it did give up on insisting the battery was dead. I just dumped old and replaced batteries right away, never thought about burning off juice left in cam.

So just got a text message from 2 of the cams I put brand new cards in. Could this issue be the recently swapped cards? I had formatted them in a card reader. Now with brand new out of the box sd cards I got some pics of me driving away after the swap. Never been so excited about a picture of myself lol

Just remember insurance does not cover "Trailcamera Addiction". :emoji_thermometer_face:

Could be wrong. I don’t know where you are. But pic 3 and 4 look like a frosted lense. I get that with all my cams when we get a heavy frost..
You were right. It warmed up today and I had clear pictures. Either moisture got inside or as you said the lense frosted.