Cuddeback's Cuddelink

It’s not always the best idea to modify as I’m sure it voids the warranty but it was a pretty slight modification to the cable that comes with it.
I am sure I could modify or lengthen the cables as I often create custom interface cables as part of my profession but I do not want there to be any question if there is a warranty issue and at this point all of my Cuddelink cameras are still under warranty. I am hoping that Cuddeback has an upcoming solution for everyone that will solve the problem and keep the warranty intact. Thanks for the info though.

I am sure I could modify or lengthen the cables as I often create custom interface cables as part of my profession but I do not want there to be any question if there is a warranty issue and at this point all of my Cuddelink cameras are still under warranty. I am hoping that Cuddeback has an upcoming solution for everyone that will solve the problem and keep the warranty intact. Thanks for the info though.
there is a new solar panel and 2 ports coming in 2020 that will plug into the DPB. They needed to insure that the user didn't plug the wrong cable in the wrong end and damage the camera so the solution was the new panel with a different plug. If you have existing panels reach out to me in 2020 when the new one is available and ill have something worked out to help you if you want to use them with the DPB. the current panel works fine with J and k cameras with he proper rechargeable batteries installed. I have seen others modify the current cable and are using it with the DPB now.

John, just checking some nearly new batteries. That’s more voltage than I’ve ever had on any battery. I guess the camera’s will handle this ok?
05B8314C-B82B-43CB-B2D7-FBF9BF2C2958.jpegF9F00B99-669D-4816-A8DE-FA55831CA372.jpeg

I wanted to share some success i had last week as a result my Cuddelink network. I was hunting a farm on the second to last day of my vacation, while in the stand I had a text come thru with images of this buck on another farm. It was the first time we had images of him, two images 15 minutes apart and then another after dark on the same timber edge. That evening my good friend (who is also an owner of a large archery shop/bucks and bulls stevens point in wi) and i looked at the aerial and he told me there was a ladder in between the two cameras but it hadn't been used in at least 5-7 years, the next day was my last day so i decided to give it a try. I walked in to the stand at gray light so i could look over the ladder. It wasnt ideal but i deemed it safe enough and climbed in. I discovered my shot windows were very limited but settled in. About 8 am, i had some nervous does near me and i saw the buck for the first time. The does scurried away when he approached and he followed , never getting closer than 70-100 yards. At 10 am, i had a single doe come from the direction he left and he was 100 yards behind her. For some reason, he stopped and disappeared. I stared in that direction for 20 minutes but he never showed. I went back to watching everywhere and just before 11 am i looked up and he was coming right at my tree at a fast pace!I barley had time to get ready for the shot as he turned down a trail at 10 yards and went broadside. I was able to find a small hole to shoot thru and made a good hit on him and watched him stop 40 yards out, walk another 10 yards and finally went down for the count. He's a bit lopsided:emoji_wink:, but a very unique buck and i was thrilled to take him! The mass on his left antler exceeds 6-7" in the beam and his g2 is 13". He had what appeared to be an old front foot injury and according to someone nearby had had the malformed right antler for a while. IMG_8806.JPGI__00086.JPGIMG_8820.JPG

John, just checking some nearly new batteries. That’s more voltage than I’ve ever had on any battery. I guess the camera’s will handle this ok?
View attachment 27083View attachment 27084
they should be fine but for a cost standpoint lithiums dont offer much advantage in Clink cameras, i realize they do in others but not in cuddelink.

I wanted to share some success i had last week as a result my Cuddelink network. I was hunting a farm on the second to last day of my vacation, while in the stand I had a text come thru with images of this buck on another farm. It was the first time we had images of him, two images 15 minutes apart and then another after dark on the same timber edge. That evening my good friend (who is also an owner of a large archery shop/bucks and bulls stevens point in wi) and i looked at the aerial and he told me there was a ladder in between the two cameras but it hadn't been used in at least 5-7 years, the next day was my last day so i decided to give it a try. I walked in to the stand at gray light so i could look over the ladder. It wasnt ideal but i deemed it safe enough and climbed in. I discovered my shot windows were very limited but settled in. About 8 am, i had some nervous does near me and i saw the buck for the first time. The does scurried away when he approached and he followed , never getting closer than 70-100 yards. At 10 am, i had a single doe come from the direction he left and he was 100 yards behind her. For some reason, he stopped and disappeared. I stared in that direction for 20 minutes but he never showed. I went back to watching everywhere and just before 11 am i looked up and he was coming right at my tree at a fast pace!I barley had time to get ready for the shot as he turned down a trail at 10 yards and went broadside. I was able to find a small hole to shoot thru and made a good hit on him and watched him stop 40 yards out, walk another 10 yards and finally went down for the count. He's a bit lopsided:emoji_wink:, but a very unique buck and i was thrilled to take him! The mass on his left antler exceeds 6-7" in the beam and his g2 is 13". He had what appeared to be an old front foot injury and according to someone nearby had had the malformed right anFtler for a while. View attachment 27085View attachment 27086View attachment 27087

Wow! Way to goo John! That's a very unique rack. Huge deer! He's got to be an old deer. Was he wearing dentures?

Wow! Way to goo John! That's a very unique rack. Huge deer! He's got to be an old deer. Was he wearing dentures?
im going to send his teeth in to be aged, i think hes up there in years though.

Congrats John!

congrats John on the great buck. Thanks for sharing.

What side was foot injury on?
right front i believe

Attachments

• 59510636786__249620F7-4F1B-4C45-9265-4D5E5653F530.JPG
    59510636786__249620F7-4F1B-4C45-9265-4D5E5653F530.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 59510640342__B9D07DA7-05C2-461D-9F2E-A71456105C84.JPG
    59510640342__B9D07DA7-05C2-461D-9F2E-A71456105C84.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 26
Guys im sorry but I can't read the whole thread to try and find my info. Now that I bought in I'll watch the thread I promise!
Home I have a k cell and 8 j cams
At camp I have a k cell and 4 j cams

At 54 days I had batteries go dead in 2 cams up at camp and 3 cams at home. So last night I drove 8 hours round trip to replace batteries at camp in the 2 j cams. Set the clocks which had gotten a few min off, verified channel and such and armed them. Realized halfway home that I didn't get pics of myself leaving the cams ... so now after a sleepless night im wondering why I am not getting pics?? I wana drive up now in worst way but I can't skip sleep 2 nights in a row. I did not check the signal level as I wasn't moving cams. Thought maybe this was the problem so today I replaced batteries in the 3 dead/ dieing cams at home. Adjusted clocks, verified channels and signal strength. Guess what im not getting pics from the home farm cams either now!! I drove my truck past 2 of them about a hour after changing batteries so I don't understand what's going on.

I got addicted to this system in the first day. This must be what drug addicts feel like when going through withdrawal- it's painfully frustrating

Guys im sorry but I can't read the whole thread to try and find my info. Now that I bought in I'll watch the thread I promise!
Home I have a k cell and 8 j cams
At camp I have a k cell and 4 j cams

At 54 days I had batteries go dead in 2 cams up at camp and 3 cams at home. So last night I drove 8 hours round trip to replace batteries at camp in the 2 j cams. Set the clocks which had gotten a few min off, verified channel and such and armed them. Realized halfway home that I didn't get pics of myself leaving the cams ... so now after a sleepless night im wondering why I am not getting pics?? I wana drive up now in worst way but I can't skip sleep 2 nights in a row. I did not check the signal level as I wasn't moving cams. Thought maybe this was the problem so today I replaced batteries in the 3 dead/ dieing cams at home. Adjusted clocks, verified channels and signal strength. Guess what im not getting pics from the home farm cams either now!! I drove my truck past 2 of them about a hour after changing batteries so I don't understand what's going on.

I got addicted to this system in the first day. This must be what drug addicts feel like when going through withdrawal- it's painfully frustrating

if you changed batteries and re armed the cams they should reconnect, it may take a little but the network will rebuild itself as long as you armed them after changing batteries. I would suggest getting d battery boosters if you ar win wi, the cold weather is hard on batteries and you will be much happier with battery life if you do. What is your cell batch count or hour setting ?
my guess is you somehow changed a setting since it would be very odd that an issue would come up with two separate networks with that many cameras at one time.

if you changed batteries and re armed the cams they should reconnect, it may take a little but the network will rebuild itself as long as you armed them after changing batteries. I would suggest getting d battery boosters if you ar win wi, the cold weather is hard on batteries and you will be much happier with battery life if you do. What is your cell batch count or hour setting ?
my guess is you somehow changed a setting since it would be very odd that an issue would come up with two separate networks with that many cameras at one time.
I was thinking I should invest in the upgrade battery packs like came standard on the cellular home cams. My camp system is in upper Michigan so that's even colder.
I have both systems set to send every hour. Also I didn't touch either of the home cell cams. It was only the j cams on best picture taking locations that where dead or dieing

i
I was thinking I should invest in the upgrade battery packs like came standard on the cellular home cams. My camp system is in upper Michigan so that's even colder.
I have both systems set to send every hour. Also I didn't touch either of the home cell cams. It was only the j cams on best picture taking locations that where dead or dieing
if you are using aa's even brand new batteries have trouble in below zero temps , in this type of weather that could be the issue and when it warms up they may start working again. as you know the temps we have had the past few days are more like jan than november. I run d boosters in below zero temps but when you get below 10-20 below even the d's cant handle it. Its the one time when lithiums are worth it.

i

if you are using aa's even brand new batteries have trouble in below zero temps , in this type of weather that could be the issue and when it warms up they may start working again. as you know the temps we have had the past few days are more like jan than november. I run d boosters in below zero temps but when you get below 10-20 below even the d's cant handle it. Its the one time when lithiums are worth it.
Yeah I'll certainly spring for the D packs if perform better. I did buy some Duracell optimum for my recent changes. Figured they where packaged in 12 packs like it was a sign from the heavens.

For those of you who are thinking about expanding your cuddelink network, adding a new one, or trying it for the first time. There is an upcoming holiday deal that will be available at select retailers that will be hard to pass up. Nov 22nd is when it can be advertised so i cant post the actual details until then.

Can you share the list of select retailers? The outdoors retailers around me don’t stock much Cuddeback.

I have a Cabela’s close, but they didn’t have anything in stock when they were offering their $50 trade in deal.

I also have several Dick’s Sporting Goods, Sportsman’s Warehouse, and Dunham’s Sports.

Can you share the list of select retailers? The outdoors retailers around me don’t stock much Cuddeback.

I have a Cabela’s close, but they didn’t have anything in stock when they were offering their $50 trade in deal.

I also have several Dick’s Sporting Goods, Sportsman’s Warehouse, and Dunham’s Sports.
Farmstead Outdoors is the best place to go. Good prices and are knowledgeable about the products. Free shipping as well.
https://farmsteadoutdoors.com/?s=Cuddeback+&post_type=product

Got it.

My brother only brought the K cam back not the dual power bank. I’m going to check it out when I’m out there hunting on Tuesday.

I ran on 6 internals from 7/29 till 10/25 when I got the dual power banks. Then I put those 6 internals into bank one to finish them off and 6 new and tested good batteries into bank two so something doesn’t add up. It should have just switched to bank 2.
Swapped the dual power bank with a different one with new batteries as it was In the single digits this morning and didn’t want to mess around. Everything is working again.

How high does everyone hang their camera? I just set mine up on Sunday and have it probably 4'-5' high. I recieved the batch pics overnight of me setting up the camera and walking around the food plot. Since then, I have only recieved a report but no pics. It simply could be that nothing has come by to trigger it but I didn't know if possibly I have it up to high?
you have them way to high, waist high at highest is what i use. Deer are not that tall.
I moved it 2 weekends ago on Saturday. I got 2 pics from it that day or the next and then nothing until today when I got 3 pics. I haven't been down there since I moved it but I know deer are in this food plot. I would have expected pictures like these all along. I have another camera hung on the same post so we will see if deer actually haven't been there or if the cuddelink is missing them.
5e55ef4fe384fb8886ad82b9bcbd16f2.jpg
3180e3d7a007a44d805ce0ee24215101.jpg
98a6191dc88371e261ff04140158d050.jpg
4cf34d5fadfac8215eb7c2fa4ccc7d1f.jpg
0c1fd9f52cc61fa4a39552c92da744c6.jpg

Last edited: