All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

it does not, if you have a camera maxing out its cl count , you need to do one or more of several things
1. increase the CL count
2. lengthen your camera delay
3. increase your batch count on your cell unit to a higher number(30 is most efficient)
4. Try to get the CL level to a higher number (if its low ex, below 20) on the camera maxing out its CL count.
5. decrease the number of cameras in your network(last resort)
its rare that an average network cant keep up with the que and has the cl count getting maxed out unless you are running cameras on a feeder/bait very high traffic area with a short camera delay

Then if you exceed the CL Count, those pictures won’t be sent but will be on SD card and will make the SD Image count and Thumbnails totals mismatch?

Yes mine are on temporary feed sites for club deer survey. Been there for 2 months, but just now have went crazy. I’ve got to do some adjustments. I can’t even keep up

And for the record there’s not a camera on club keeping up with my Cuddeback’s in any fashion!

I've got something odd going on with my system and would like some opinions. I've had my cell home and 2 J cameras running all summer. This past Saturday, I added 5 more Jcameras to the network. All took pictures Saturday, and all pictures were sent to me from the home.

All cameras and home are also showing up on my daily report which I will attach below. So my issue is that since Sunday morning, I haven't received any pictures from the "Big Field" or "N Clearcut" cameras. Both of them are on feeders so I know there is activity there.

You will also notice the red ! On the "S Clearcut" camera. That was due to a piece of brush blowing in front of the camera. I removed that Monday and it solved that issue.

I know I've got a couple of cameras with weak CL levels, but I would think with them showing on the report, I wouldve received some pictures. Any ideas?

smBpfnR.jpg
if your signal is low and requires multiple links like yours do its likely its going in and out of connection, N clear cut did take images each day but big field didnt , you want to shoot for 20 or higher on your signal especially with an active network like you have.

if your signal is low and requires multiple links like yours do its likely its going in and out of connection, N clear cut did take images each day but big field didnt , you want to shoot for 20 or higher on your signal especially with an active network like you have.

So should I put a couple of cameras between these weak links and see if that helps? I've got 5 more cameras I was waiting to put out

So should I put a couple of cameras between these weak links and see if that helps? I've got 5 more cameras I was waiting to put out
this may help or if you can get your home unit in a centralized location in relation to the remotes this will also improve the efficiency of your system as well.

If I use rechargeable D cells in my dual power bank with a solar panel can I use the energizer 3000maH sold locally or should I get the 10,000maH I can buy off Amazon? Does it matter?

If I use rechargeable D cells in my dual power bank with a solar panel can I use the energizer 3000maH sold locally or should I get the 10,000maH I can buy off Amazon? Does it matter?
The current solar panel does not work with the dual , we have one coming in 2020 that is designed for it. They had to make a change to it to ensure it’s used correctly , I touched on this in a couple earlier posts . As it is now you can only use regular alkalines in the dual power bank until the new panel is available

B6F481CE-F956-41FD-99B4-D08EBBFD96FC.jpegJust found a neat trick on Google Earth. Draw a line from camera to camera, then go to Edit, turn on Elevation Profile. You can trace the elevation from one camera to the other. This will show hills that may be blocking signals. In my case here, there’s a 10’ hill (left side of graph) between these 2 cameras.

I have had occasions where pictures are taken with one camera but the number of SD Images will increase on another camera. The signal strength has never indicated it had to use this camera to get to the home camera but if it did at some point during the time between Reports would the pictures indicate on the linked camera as opposed to the camera that actually captured to pics

The current solar panel does not work with the dual , we have one coming in 2020 that is designed for it. They had to make a change to it to ensure it’s used correctly , I touched on this in a couple earlier posts . As it is now you can only use regular alkalines in the dual power bank until the new panel is available
When the new panel is released will it matter which battery is used?
Since the solar option isn’t available now they should probably state that on the box and instructions for the 99% of the people who don’t follow this forum.

Last edited:
Anybody mount a camera on the side of a tall shooting house? Just wondering if the house hurt the signal?

I have had occasions where pictures are taken with one camera but the number of SD Images will increase on another camera. The signal strength has never indicated it had to use this camera to get to the home camera but if it did at some point during the time between Reports would the pictures indicate on the linked camera as opposed to the camera that actually captured to pics
when a camera acts as a repeater the images are not saved or shown on that camera that were sent by another remote.

When the new panel is released will it matter which battery is used?
Since the solar option isn’t available now they should probably state that on the box and instructions for the 99% of the people who don’t follow this forum.
you will just need to use low discharge rechargeable D's or a d adapter sleeve that holds rechargeable aa's
the cable that fits into the dual power bank solar input is not included with it and they arent available yet so there isnt a way to connect it until the new solar panel comes out. That panel will include the cable that fits into the yellow connector. The instructions show how to connect it once that panel is available.

i have been using the low discharge tenergy batteries off amazon and they are working great in my K.

Ok have an issue been dealing with I have a camera that has signal of 62 72 etc...but the said camera has 4 links which I do not understand because the main camera is closer than some of the other trail cams...anyway the camera in question will randomly disappear from report like it has lost signal any ideas I also have other cameras that when set up had great signal but will not connect now....i have purchased a repeater to help but was going to ask if there is anything else I need to try thanks

Ok have an issue been dealing with I have a camera that has signal of 62 72 etc...but the said camera has 4 links which I do not understand because the main camera is closer than some of the other trail cams...anyway the camera in question will randomly disappear from report like it has lost signal any ideas I also have other cameras that when set up had great signal but will not connect now....i have purchased a repeater to help but was going to ask if there is anything else I need to try thanks
can you post an image or map of how your cameras are set up? also your report - note weather conditions can change rf signal strength by the hour , and terrain can have a bearing on signal strength. distance is not the only factor.

can you post an image or map of how your cameras are set up? also your report - note weather conditions can change rf signal strength by the hour , and terrain can have a bearing on signal strength. distance is not the only factor.
Yes I’ll post this info tonight

Have a question/issue, and I was an idiot to leave all of the cameras, externals packs, and panels in the country. All of that said, maybe some folks can glean where I'm headed here and provide some advice/feedback.

I bought 4 powerhouse black G cameras that I'm going to add to my 4 J's and cell home that are out there. In addition, I also bought the external AA battery packs for them along with solar panels. With this setup, there is a green cord and a black cord. The green cords are 90 degrees on both ends, and twist lock into the device (camera or panel). The black cords are 90 degree on one end and straight on the other. Where I'm lost is how the straight fits into the device.

It is my understanding that the straight end goes into the camera from the external battery pack. That said, my G bottom looks different than what I can find on the internet picture wise. Rather than a flip panel, there is a twist lock plug like on the solar panels and external battery packs. How do I connect these together?

I can take pictures when I'm out there again for opening weekend, but I'd like to get a jump on this if I can.

Have a question/issue, and I was an idiot to leave all of the cameras, externals packs, and panels in the country. All of that said, maybe some folks can glean where I'm headed here and provide some advice/feedback.

I bought 4 powerhouse black G cameras that I'm going to add to my 4 J's and cell home that are out there. In addition, I also bought the external AA battery packs for them along with solar panels. With this setup, there is a green cord and a black cord. The green cords are 90 degrees on both ends, and twist lock into the device (camera or panel). The black cords are 90 degree on one end and straight on the other. Where I'm lost is how the straight fits into the device.

It is my understanding that the straight end goes into the camera from the external battery pack. That said, my G bottom looks different than what I can find on the internet picture wise. Rather than a flip panel, there is a twist lock plug like on the solar panels and external battery packs. How do I connect these together?

I can take pictures when I'm out there again for opening weekend, but I'd like to get a jump on this if I can.

You probably have one of the new G series cameras.

you have the new G camera , check that all them are the same and have the twist lock plug. PM me your address and i will have 4 cables sent to you that will allow the new G to work with the solar adapters you have. Also let me know where you bought them form so i can make sure they have the correct cables.

Spent all day tweaking my setup. Thought I would share what I found.

I moved my Home camera between my high activity cameras hoping to speed things up. I replaced my home camera with a remote and turned my home camera off while in route to other side of club. Home camera was off a good hour. While it was off I received emailed pictures. Not a Cudde problem, just the way cellular is.

I have a camera on the fringe, it links very seldom. I turned camera mode on CL Level and sat down in front of camera for a long while and monitored it. It had no signal, then in awhile it went to 4-Weak. 5 minutes later it went 20-Good, 5 mins later 8-Weak, then no signal. All over the place. This signal comes and goes like the wind. If you have a weak camera trying to link thru another weak camera, both cameras have to have adequate signal strength at the same time for it relay. You can get by on this if you’re getting a few pictures, but near impossible with a lot of pictures. 2 weak camera’s in a row is not good.

The bad part about changing set-up, is you really don’t know what you have until a report comes through. I moved home camera around a lot trying to get more than 1 mode. I finally gave up and left it hanging 7 ft high on a tree showing 1 node. I got home and it sent me an email of all the cameras.

I’m ordering a couple repeaters tonight.