Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Got batteries in and home unit back on. Lasted 4 days and says dead and wont come back on. I have tried 6 packs of new batteries and home unit will not turn on. Any fixes?
call Cuddeback CS, they will set up a return for you.

I put out 5 cameras this weekend, and all are taking pics and transmitting like I want. I do have 1 camera that I believe is being triggered by this piece of brush in front of it. It has backlogged like 200 images according to my report this morning, and it seems to take a picture anywhere from every minute to 5 minutes. Do y'all think this type of brush in front of it could be causing it to take pictures?

NZNDgJa.jpg

Probably wishful thinking here but is it possible to make these cameras Bluetooth compatible to see where the camera is aiming? I hung two cameras yesterday that I wish were angled just a little different. Maybe a thought for the future or asking too much?
View attachment 26580View attachment 26581

After a lot of trial and error (mostly error), I pay a lot of attention to aiming. You have to think in angles. If your camera lens is 36" high & level on tree, the bottom edge of Field of View (imagine a cone) will hit the ground at about 8ft in front of camera. The higher you set it up tree, the further out starting edge of FOV will hit ground.

What I do, is set mine a little lower and tilt bottom of camera up just a little.

This will also affect the angle of flash, which I have found is better. I do not like it when there is a big circle of flash on the ground. I want it to extend further out. This will also affect, (for good or bad) your detection slightly.

Last edited:
I put out 5 cameras this weekend, and all are taking pics and transmitting like I want. I do have 1 camera that I believe is being triggered by this piece of brush in front of it. It has backlogged like 200 images according to my report this morning, and it seems to take a picture anywhere from every minute to 5 minutes. Do y'all think this type of brush in front of it could be causing it to take pictures?

NZNDgJa.jpg
Absolutely! Been there done that.. To validate it, take that branch and move it across detector.
It appears you are fairly close to feeder. I would tilt camera down just a tad and get the sky out of picture. No deer will be in top of trees. The skyline itself could be an issue. Treetops swaying in the wind in front of skyline will change the IR value sensed by the sensor and possibly trigger.

It also appears you are slightly facing into the sun. Perpendicular to path of sun may help also.

Absolutely! Been there done that.. To validate it, take that branch and move it across detector.
It appears you are fairly close to feeder. I would tilt camera down just a tad and get the sky out of picture. No deer will be in top of trees. The skyline itself could be an issue. Treetops swaying in the wind in front of skyline will change the IR value sensed by the sensor and possibly trigger.

It also appears you are slightly facing into the sun. Perpendicular to path of sun may help also.

Thanks for the advice, and quick reply. I was hoping somebody would chime in before my lunch break. I'm about to run to the club and get it fixed and I will make those other adjustments also.

Got batteries in and home unit back on. Lasted 4 days and says dead and wont come back on. I have tried 6 packs of new batteries and home unit will not turn on. Any fixes?

Did it take any pictures? If so, did you look at metadata from picture? Also, did you happen to check voltages on batteries that you took out or put in?

Anyone order any of the boosters from amazon lately ? If so did it have the new cable? I like my free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone order any of the boosters from amazon lately ? If so did it have the new cable? I like my free shipping.

I ordered 4 from farmstead and 2 from amazon. None of the 6 had the new cables.

Make sure you ask for the new 3358 which has an image of a cuddelink cam in the box, this way you will get both cables

Hard to believe that you get only 1 picture and the deer’s in the middle of screen. This camera still has burst on, I sure hope it caught him in a few more pictures. It’s also set “Centered”. “Wide” might have got him on the edges. Oh well, maybe he’ll be back.7CEC4F47-FF46-4E16-93FA-E7A2609B6213.png

Hard to believe that you get only 1 picture and the deer’s in the middle of screen. This camera still has burst on, I sure hope it caught him in a few more pictures. It’s also set “Centered”. “Wide” might have got him on the edges. Oh well, maybe he’ll be back.View attachment 26592
Nice buck.

Ordered my direct from cuddeback last month and it had it

I have a question about the number listed in SD Images. This number has always been greater than the thumbnails sent. At present the Home camera is showing 746 and the number of thumbnails is something less than 600. I am pretty confident I did not use burst on any camera. This also applies to all my cameras the SD Image number is greater than thumbnails sent. Can someone explain?
View attachment 26557

Another reason these numbers may not coincide is that, if exceed your CL Count, it will delete the oldest picture with the newest one. Still be on SD card, but out of transmit sequence. In other words, if your count is set on 10, if none have sent yet, then the next picture will kick the oldest out, and repeats this until queue is sent. 8F0DE397-FFAA-4A2A-85B1-0CDE3577A17B.jpeg

I have found getting links and not bogging down network to be a balancing act and will not be the same for anyone. Won't even be the same for each camera in the network. I'm still tweaking on my network. It started off good when I was just getting a few pics, but deer have came out of the woodwork here lately and I'm getting too many pics. I have 1 camera that is linked through 2 other cameras and stays maxed out at 250 in the queue. 3500+ on SD card now and I've pulled SD card a couple of times. It has a 10-14 signal strength and linking through another camera with a signal just as weak. Both these cameras are getting tons of pictures. My other camera's queue's are adding up while they are waiting their turn to transmit. My home camera has taken very few pictures due to the fact it is tied up sending pictures via cell. I'm going to move my Cell Camera closer to weak links and hope to improve on transmitting times. If that doesn't help, next I will increase the delay between pictures on these 2 cameras, and then if I have to, lower my CL Count and just fetch SD Card for a thorough review more often.

There's good information in the Cuddelink Manual on how to manage the network.

Another reason these numbers may not coincide is that, if exceed your CL Count, it will delete the oldest picture with the newest one. Still be on SD card, but out of transmit sequence. In other words, if your count is set on 10, if none have sent yet, then the next picture will kick the oldest out, and repeats this until queue is sent. View attachment 26602
Not sure but I don’t remember but one time that I have exceeded 30 photos total in one day. So I don’t think this explains my question either. I don’t know. I guess I’ll find out in about two weeks.

Not sure but I don’t remember but one time that I have exceeded 30 photos total in one day. So I don’t think this explains my question either. I don’t know. I guess I’ll find out in about two weeks.
I’m not sure, but I do not think it is per day. If the queue does not send on one day, it has that number in there the next day. The only way to see queue # is on the daily report. It can overflow then send remaining pics several times in a day without you knowing it. Maybe John Volkman will chime in on this.

I have a question about the number listed in SD Images. This number has always been greater than the thumbnails sent. At present the Home camera is showing 746 and the number of thumbnails is something less than 600. I am pretty confident I did not use burst on any camera. This also applies to all my cameras the SD Image number is greater than thumbnails sent. Can someone explain?
View attachment 26557
the images on the home unit are the sum of the home unit and the remotes. if you have your camera delays at FAP or burst you will not receive all images. or if your cL delay is longer than you camera delay you will also not receive all images. Firmware update 7.7 fixes this issue by eliminating burst and mating CL delay with camera delay. This insures you get all images transmitted home.

the images on the home unit are the sum of the home unit and the remotes. if you have your camera delays at FAP or burst you will not receive all images. or if your cL delay is longer than you camera delay you will also not receive all images. Firmware update 7.7 fixes this issue by eliminating burst and mating CL delay with camera delay. This insures you get all images transmitted home.

John, does this change how the CL Count works when exceeding it?

John, does this change how the CL Count works when exceeding it?
it does not, if you have a camera maxing out its cl count , you need to do one or more of several things
1. increase the CL count
2. lengthen your camera delay
3. increase your batch count on your cell unit to a higher number(30 is most efficient)
4. Try to get the CL level to a higher number (if its low ex, below 20) on the camera maxing out its CL count.
5. decrease the number of cameras in your network(last resort)
its rare that an average network cant keep up with the que and has the cl count getting maxed out unless you are running cameras on a feeder/bait very high traffic area with a short camera delay

I've got something odd going on with my system and would like some opinions. I've had my cell home and 2 J cameras running all summer. This past Saturday, I added 5 more Jcameras to the network. All took pictures Saturday, and all pictures were sent to me from the home.

All cameras and home are also showing up on my daily report which I will attach below. So my issue is that since Sunday morning, I haven't received any pictures from the "Big Field" or "N Clearcut" cameras. Both of them are on feeders so I know there is activity there.

You will also notice the red ! On the "S Clearcut" camera. That was due to a piece of brush blowing in front of the camera. I removed that Monday and it solved that issue.

I know I've got a couple of cameras with weak CL levels, but I would think with them showing on the report, I wouldve received some pictures. Any ideas?

smBpfnR.jpg

Last edited: