Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I've been 95 days since I did the settings so honestly I forget the exact selection to do that. I get the morning report and any pics at ~4:05AM, and then pics again at 6PM. Sorry.

I have my Time Lapses set at 24hr on my remotes (they’re all a little different times) but I don’t get the TL pics until it hits the Rate set on Home camera or daily report at 4-6am.

Thanks Fred, I would also like to reiterate the usefulness of exif data. But IMO, the “%, Ok, Low, Good, Bad” are useless to me. I reference BL.

How do you get pics sent every 12hrs?
Set the CC Rate in the Cell Menu to 12 hours

Set the CC Rate in the Cell Menu to 12 hours

Thank you. I don’t have access to my cameras to scroll thru menus. I forgot where it was located.

Does anyone have any experience with these home units used in repeater? Do they have similar range, and most importantly battery consumption?
I use the home units as repeaters. They have lasted 60 plus days.

How does the overages exactly work. My cell home stop sending me pictures and I believe it’s because the dataplan had limited out. I was charged an extra 5 bucks for the overage but it’s stop sending reports and images after.

How does the overages exactly work. My cell home stop sending me pictures and I believe it’s because the dataplan had limited out. I was charged an extra 5 bucks for the overage but it’s stop sending reports and images after.
if you check the overage box when you pick your plan , your service should go interrupted. if you were charged and you arent receiving images or reports after you should call cs with your info so they can look into it.

if you check the overage box when you pick your plan , your service should go interrupted. if you were charged and you arent receiving images or reports after you should call cs with your info so they can look into it.

When I ran the test image it worked fine. So I grabbed the unit and brought it home. Once I got it home it sent the images. I’m guessing maybe this is a cell reception thing maybe.

I have a brand new J series camera that is only taking photos here and there. Right now I have it setup looking at my driveway for testing purposes. I can see vehicles leaving, but sometimes I never see them returning. 30 sec, single photo delay, and sometimes I'll walk to the shed and see that photo, but minutes later not see me returning. This single J series is cuddelinked to a brand new Cuddelink Cell Verizon, which is sending photos to my gmail. Any thoughts?

I have a brand new J series camera that is only taking photos here and there. Right now I have it setup looking at my driveway for testing purposes. I can see vehicles leaving, but sometimes I never see them returning. 30 sec, single photo delay, and sometimes I'll walk to the shed and see that photo, but minutes later not see me returning. This single J series is cuddelinked to a brand new Cuddelink Cell Verizon, which is sending photos to my gmail. Any thoughts?
I’ve had a similar experience with a “driveway cam”…I would say the detection rate is around 75%, both with a vehicle and with foot/bike/four wheeler traffic. I have tried adjusting the elevation of the camera mount from 2 ft to 6ft in 6” intervals, adjusted the mounting post of the camera to control if the target is on coming at 5-10 degrees or passing by at a 90 degree angle (along with some other angles in between), and also adjusted the tilt/angle of view with slight improvements by aiming “higher” than I usually would at the target, but I have never found 100% (or even 90%) detection rates. I’ve even had the camera replaced/swapped twice, once with another G-series and once a J-series...even the new ones had a questionable detection rate. I have also noticed that none of my 15 cameras ever take any pictures in the rain regardless of ambient temp or target size (truck vs deer vs turkey)...the rain must also affect the detection abilities.

I’ve had a similar experience with a “driveway cam”…I would say the detection rate is around 75%, both with a vehicle and with foot/bike/four wheeler traffic. I have tried adjusting the elevation of the camera mount from 2 ft to 6ft in 6” intervals, adjusted the mounting post of the camera to control if the target is on coming at 5-10 degrees or passing by at a 90 degree angle (along with some other angles in between), and also adjusted the tilt/angle of view with slight improvements by aiming “higher” than I usually would at the target, but I have never found 100% (or even 90%) detection rates. I’ve even had the camera replaced/swapped twice, once with another G-series and once a J-series...even the new ones had a questionable detection rate. I have also noticed that none of my 15 cameras ever take any pictures in the rain regardless of ambient temp or target size (truck vs deer vs turkey)...the rain must also affect the detection abilities.
I’ve noticed when it rains hard my G series start taking pictures of nothing over and over.

This is good to know. Any chance you can relate your experience to in the woods? You think you get 75% with deer/wildlife?

the option is either another camera or the SD home unit used in repeater mode. In testing other antennas did not enhance the connection distance at all so we dont advise changing that .

I was just trying to find an easier way to confirm that a remote is linked without having to go to home camera. My home camera's rate is set at 10, so I made remote take 10 or so pics while I was standing there. I had good cell phone reception so I thought it might send it to Home camera and email me fairly quickly. When I do a Test on home camera, my cell phone will receive it before I leave spot. Not instantly but pretty darn quick. I had 30-40% signal on remote when I left, but I guess it may have lost the signal as soon as I left.

What is the signal strength based upon? I have 2 remotes that are close to one another but neither are linking to home camera. Is the signal strength on one of these remotes using the other remote as a reference for strength measurement?

Been moving my cameras around. I have 2 remote cameras that are too not linked to home camera. They both have 30-40% signal but are not linked to home camera. I was thinking that the signal strength meter was remote to home, but apparently it is a remote to remote signal.

I’ve noticed when it rains hard my G series start taking pictures of nothing over and over.

Does it stop taking pictures on it's own?

This is good to know. Any chance you can relate your experience to in the woods? You think you get 75% with deer/wildlife?
I fear that is the case, but I don’t have any solid proof. The only thing I can go by is tracks in the snow…sometimes after a fresh snow, I will get a picture that has multiple sets of tracks in its view but only one animal making one set of tracks in the capture…so in those cases, it missed something!

I dont own Cuddebacks, but I do own other cell cams, and they will stop taking pictures while they are sending pictures. So if it takes a picture, and another animal, or whatever walks in front of the camera while it is trying to send the picture, it wont take another picture. I have tested mine with 2 mounted cameras side by side, and found that I will catch every single animal that walks by, but when there is multiple animals, I will sometimes miss the ones that walk by after the first one. My newer LTE cameras send the pictures much faster, and is less of an issue. Just a thought! You could shut the cell/link off, so it doesnt try to send the picture, and see if it picks up the missed pictures, and compare.

I dont own Cuddebacks, but I do own other cell cams, and they will stop taking pictures while they are sending pictures. So if it takes a picture, and another animal, or whatever walks in front of the camera while it is trying to send the picture, it wont take another picture. I have tested mine with 2 mounted cameras side by side, and found that I will catch every single animal that walks by, but when there is multiple animals, I will sometimes miss the ones that walk by after the first one. My newer LTE cameras send the pictures much faster, and is less of an issue. Just a thought! You could shut the cell/link off, so it doesnt try to send the picture, and see if it picks up the missed pictures, and compare.
Agreed, that happens all the time with a string of animals, but my issue is that I walk or drive in front of the camera and I don’t get ANY pictures or it snows yesterday, no pictures taken for many hours/days then finally a picture is taken and there are multiple sets of tracks shown in the picture…they definitely miss some picture opportunities.

Agreed, that happens all the time with a string of animals, but my issue is that I walk or drive in front of the camera and I don’t get ANY pictures or it snows yesterday, no pictures taken for many hours/days then finally a picture is taken and there are multiple sets of tracks shown in the picture…they definitely miss some picture opportunities.
Exactly this! It's missing something!

I shot my bow out back last night and I walk in front of the camera to retrieve my arrows. This morning I was emailed only 3 photos from the camera in question. Which is also an issue I've been noticing lately. I only seem to be getting 3 photos from the camera each morning when cuddecell emails me. I called support this morning assuming the remote J unit was only sending 3 photos to the home unit. CS, who have been very helpful so far, had me change my CL delay from 1 hour to 30 seconds. Not sure why 1 hour vs 30 sec should matter, but hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
Exactly this! It's missing something!

I shot my bow out back last night and I walk in front of the camera to retrieve my arrows. This morning I was emailed only 3 photos from the camera in question. Which is also an issue I've been noticing lately. I only seem to be getting 3 photos from the camera each morning when cuddecell emails me. I called support this morning assuming the remote J unit was only sending 3 photos to the home unit. CS, who have been very helpful so far, had me change my CL delay from 1 hour to 30 seconds. Not sure why 1 hour vs 30 sec should matter, but hopefully this helps.
You should pull the SD card and see what pics you have on it that never got transmitted because of the 1 hr CL delay. I leave mine set on 5 seconds. If CS didn't explain to you what the CL delay is... It sets a time window for pictures to be put into the transmission queue with only the first picture taken within that window sent to the queue to be transmitted back to the home camera. All following pics within the CL delay window will be written to the card but not transmitted home. So with a 1 hour CL delay only one pic per one hour period will get to the home camera... all others will just be written to the SD card but not transmitted. So if you want all pics to be transmitted to home you must set the CL delay equal to or less than your camera delay!

Last edited:
Does it stop taking pictures on it's own?
2 of them will stop. 1 I had to send in for a replacement. I don’t know what it is about heavy rain but it only affects my G cameras.

It sets a time window for pictures to be put into the transmission queue with only the first picture taken within that window sent to the queue to be transmitted back to the home camera. All following pics within the CL delay window will be written to the card but not transmitted home. So with a 1 hour CL delay only one pic per one hour period will get to the home camera... all others will just be written to the SD card but not transmitted. So if you want all pics to be transmitted to home you must set the CL delay equal to or less than your camera delay!

No, this was not explained, and I read all 4 manuals included with my camera. I was under the impression that it would wait 1 Hour before sending photos to the home unit. I figured the less talking the units had to do with each other, maybe the less power consumed. I don't need my photos RIGHT NOW.

I spoke with CS this morning and was informed a new firmware is available 7.7 . They have linked the camera delay and CL delay together to avoid this. I plan to update this evening.