All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Ahhhh gotcha!
Great site! Everybody trying to help those in need. Some know nothing, some know a little and some know a lot! I fall in the 1st category!

Every morning @ 4:58am I get a Cuddelink report. The report includes the report from day before. Is this normal?

Yes.

Every morning @ 4:58am I get a Cuddelink report. The report includes the report from day before. Is this normal?
yes you will get a report and also an email or text with all images in the que regardless of your settings on the cell unit.

yes you will get a report and also an email or text with all images in the que regardless of your settings on the cell unit.
To clarify my question, I got 4 reports from the last 4 days this morning. Every day it adds one more to the list in 1 email report. Keeps going like this and I’ll have 365 reports in 1 email.

To clarify my question, I got 4 reports from the last 4 days this morning. Every day it adds one more to the list in 1 email report. Keeps going like this and I’ll have 365 reports in 1 email.

The most reports you'll receive in an email is 17. It's really nothing to worry about.

Hi Everyone I am looking for a G-5093 this is the G model with the cell cap. Anyone know a store that has one of these for sale. There are a few on Ebay but over priced. I am not interested in the K series. Thanks,
Todd

Hi Everyone I am looking for a G-5093 this is the G model with the cell cap. Anyone know a store that has one of these for sale. There are a few on Ebay but over priced. I am not interested in the K series. Thanks,
Todd

After a quick search, this was the cheapest I could find. Optics Planet came in 2nd at $419

https://www.ebay.com/p/Cuddeback-Cu...il-Camera-G-5093/24023672196?iid=163683316848

Also Did anyony have any issues with the G-5093 other than battery life. I wonder why Cuddeback would make a new K model and discontinue the G-5093???

Todd
If you don’t mind me asking what is the difference between it and the K, other than 2 more batteries and sliding shutter on sensor?

The K is bigger in size, the location where the external power source is. I am not sure what the voltage is on the K series, i called Cuddeback support and they didnt have the voltage info for me. I dont install D batteries in my G cams. I made my own battery box last November with a solar panel. That was the last day i ever worried about battery life. I have said this before The G series Cuddeback is a great camera once you fix the battery life issue. I understand the cuddelink being active take power i found my own fix for it.

The K has 6 batteries in series=9v.

The G-1361 has 4 batteries in series=6v and it is stamped on external power 6v-2A, but external CuddePower has 6 batteries in series=9v. Per CS, the 1361 can handle up to 9v. So I assume there is some circuitry to regulate it to somewhere less than 6v.

I have read Cuddeback has worked on battery management, which may be programing and/or hardware.

What is your Solar setup?

Good Luck!

6 Volt 42 AH battery with a wildgame inovations 6 volt solar panel. Got the power cable online.
thumbnail_IMG_2234.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2233.jpg

I’ll volunteer to go change the batteries about Nov! (1 battery per day!)

I'd say you're welcome to come hunt it but I don't think you'd like it if you're looking for deer. It's in an area that's almost 100% ag production. Last year during firearms season only 77 deer were killed in the entire county.

The cam is about in the middle of all of this...
1561499451774.png

Pretty slick looking. Best looking cord I’ve ever seen. Yeah, you won’t be short on power. Thanks

I'd say you're welcome to come hunt it but I don't think you'd like it if you're looking for deer. It's in an area that's almost 100% ag production. Last year during firearms season only 77 deer were killed in the entire county.

The cam is about in the middle of all of this...
View attachment 24811
Looks like you got the whole county!!

Today was only the second time I didn’t get my morning report or pics. I assume if there is a signal issue when it tries to send it must not try again? Thinking of trying the high gain antennas.

Hey John- after reading through 100 pages here, thanks for sharing your time and expertise on subject matter. Also give a shout-out to your Cudde CS. Nothing but praise! 18 emails and a few phone calls. All handled promptly and professionally. Thanks