All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Sent my G series that was taking non stop pictures back to Cuddeback on Friday and got a new one in the mail today and it’s in the woods now. Awesome customer service.

Anyone have advice pertaining to the settings on how to clear the images up a bit? This is on a G series dual flash.

9FC3B28F-275D-41B1-94AD-6329ACF921F0.jpeg86383D45-03DB-483A-BF2A-85A435C1D261.jpeg1FDAF69C-415D-41A7-AAEB-C8B90E69992E.jpeg6D107BD7-B4C0-47E0-ADA0-9901ACCEC75C.jpeg

Pics look clear to me. I would remove some of that vegetation in front of the cam though.

I agree on removing the vegetation near the cam.

I'm not sure just what you mean by "clearing the images up a bit", but to many people that would mean that they prefer a stronger contrast processing to their images than the ones you've posted. These images look to have been captured with the IR Mode setting = FAR (the factory default setting). The FAR mode works well at all ranges but does give a fairly flat contrast rendition to the picture and requires a little added contrast after the fact to get the best out of the image, something most users don't want to screw around with. The alternative is select IR Mode = CLOSE and the cam will process the image automatically with more contrast. Your images above processed like they had been taken with the "CLOSE" mode setting are posted below. If this processing is what you mean by "clearing the images up a bit" then IR Mode = CLOSE is the setting for you. The only down side to using the CLOSE setting over the FAR setting is that CLOSE has a tendency to show a little more motion blur... but that shouldn't be an issue on a mineral site like this.

138_Close.jpg148_Close.jpg153_Close.jpg205_Close.jpg

I agree on removing the vegetation near the cam.

I'm not sure just what you mean by "clearing the images up a bit", but to many people that would mean that they prefer a stronger contrast processing to their images than the ones you've posted. These images look to have been captured with the IR Mode setting = FAR (the factory default setting). The FAR mode works well at all ranges but does give a fairly flat contrast rendition to the picture and requires a little added contrast after the fact to get the best out of the image, something most users don't want to screw around with. The alternative is select IR Mode = CLOSE and the cam will process the image automatically with more contrast. Your images above processed like they had been taken with the "CLOSE" mode setting are posted below. If this processing is what you mean by "clearing the images up a bit" then IR Mode = CLOSE is the setting for you. The only down side to using the CLOSE setting over the FAR setting is that CLOSE has a tendency to show a little more motion blur... but that shouldn't be an issue on a mineral site like this.

View attachment 24772View attachment 24773View attachment 24774View attachment 24775

Thanks for the feedback. What I meant was while the deers head is down I cant tell if it is a 200" deer or a 50" deer. The IR setting is on far so I will change that to close and remove the vegetation directly in front of the camera. I left it there to help conceal the camera. I know there is a higher resolution pic on the card but I want be able to tell from the emailed pictures what deer it is so I know to hunt that particular area of the farm. This camera will be moved to a trail or known scrape site once it gets closer to season. Maybe once the antlers are filled out and velvet is shed it will help as well.

Anybody know what the EZ Mode setting actually are? If I set Ad Setting a certain way, goes the EZ Mode over-ride my ADV setting?

Stumbled across this forum trying to search for how to get my Cuddebacks working.

I bought 4 of the K-5789 cams for work. What I need out of them work wise is to send me pictures a few times a day of some bean fields so I can try and monitor their growth stages. Each site is far enough away each one will need a cell plan.

I've got 2 of them powered up, updated the firmware, and according to cuddelink they are both activated. The next step in the manual says to do the "cc test". Every time I've run the cc test I've gotten a failure. I read on this thread where it said to set the cam to "home" in the link menu. I've tried that but still no luck. So that's my first issue.

Secondly I have yet to get either cam to take a pic yet. When I go to arm the camera "cell tx" flashes on the screen after the 30sec timer counts down. I can't find anywhere where in the manual or online what this means. I've left them both running for a while and when I load the SD card on the computer the file structure is there but no pictures other than the status pic.

One more question. Once I'm done with these for work I'd like to use them here on my farm but I don't want to have to pay for 4 cell plans. Can these cams also act as a "remote" and send pics to the one cam I set as the home cam with the cell plan? I called Cuddeback before I purchased these and the lady on the phone said they can't do that but I got the impression she didn't know what she was talking about.
I believe each 5789 needs a cell plan to operate, even as camera. Per CS the 5680 which cost more is not yet available.

I believe each 5789 needs a cell plan to operate, even as camera. Per CS the 5680 which cost more is not yet available.

Attachments

• 64A6CBCE-A392-4261-B88C-94183C6B43A8.jpeg
    64A6CBCE-A392-4261-B88C-94183C6B43A8.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 23
I believe you are right that the 5789 needs a cell plan to operate, maybe I misread but what makes you think that he does not have a cell plan for them?

I believe you are right that the 5789 needs a cell plan to operate, maybe I misread but what makes you think that he does not have a cell plan for them?
901E4AAA-BDE7-425A-9E02-52C159627A65.jpeg

MX1Alex's issue was handled via PM a week ago.
The K 5789 does need a cell plan active for it to operate.

Every morning @ 4:58am I get a Cuddelink report. The report includes the report from day before. Is this normal?

I'm going to do a little battery life test starting next week. I'm going to hook one of my G series dual flash to a 12v 7ah battery with a 6v regulator and another to a 6v 12ah battery and see which one gets the longest life.
Any results? My bet is on 6V12ah!

Just wanted to say "thank you" for all who contributed to this thread. As I will be setting up my cell transmitter and initial 4 cameras this weekend I activated the cell service and did the initial setup. When updating the firmware the cell transmitter did fine but all cameras gave the dreaded "Check SD Card" error. Searching this thread informed me to unzip the file on the SD card, fixed the issue, and saved me a few hours of needless frustration and cursing.
3 of 4 of my G cameras I just dragged the whole unzipped folder with 4 files into SD cards with no problem. The 4th camera kept giving “Check SD Card”. At first I thought it was issue with the SanDisk 32G Extreme Pro cards. Tried other cards, same thing. I finally unzipped update and put each file onto card individually and it uploaded on camera perfectly. After it uploaded on camera it flashed “Welcome” on screen that I do not remember see on other 3.

3 of 4 of my G cameras I just dragged the whole unzipped folder with 4 files into SD cards with no problem. The 4th camera kept giving “Check SD Card”. At first I thought it was issue with the SanDisk 32G Extreme Pro cards. Tried other cards, same thing. I finally unzipped update and put each file onto card individually and it uploaded on camera perfectly. After it uploaded on camera it flashed “Welcome” on screen that I do not remember see on other 3.
On CB support site, it states you do not have to unzip files, but it worked for me!

On CB support site, it states you do not have to unzip files, but it worked for me!
Unzipping is the only way updating my G series has ever worked.

Any results? My bet is on 6V12ah!
Never got a chance to do it. My wife bought me 4 of the Cuddeback external battery packs and I used those instead. 12 D cells from Menards for $9.99 and all 4 cameras are at 65 days and still running off the external batteries. If I get 3 months from those and another 2 or so from the internal batteries that gets me through season for less than $35 in batteries.

MX1Alex's issue was handled via PM a week ago.
The K 5789 does need a cell plan active for it to operate.

Yes, John got me all straightened out. Thanks again! Everything is working as it should now.

-Alex

Everything's working except it never stops raining that is!!!
T_00001.JPG