Cuddeback's Cuddelink

yes- you can set any cuddelink camera to not take pics including the Dual cell. Under camera delay you would set it to "off " for both day and night

Ahh, that would do it. Thanks!

Wow! 15-20 days. I only plan on using the cell servicing September October and November and would probably only send every 3 hours. The rest of the year I would just use the regular cuddelink home.
That's what I thought ( just 3 months but I keep it operational for 6 months) until I started getting the pictures coming to my cell phone from my Cell Home cameras. This system has worked for me as it is advertised.
I was the same way 20 to 25 days on regular remote cams. I added the single extenders my cameras lasted from October through March and were on the internals when I took the two cell cams down. These cams were sending pics of 4 remote cams each. During that time I also had 3 runaway cams so transmitted a ton of pics

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was the same way 20 to 25 days on regular remote cams. I added the single extenders my cameras lasted from October through March and were on the internals when I took the two cell cams down. These cams were sending pics of 4 remote cams each. During that time I also had 3 runaway cams so transmitted a ton of pics

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Booner, what are the "single extenders" to speak of? I assume you are using G-series cams and that is the external 6-D battery CuddePower (#3358) accessory?

Booner, what are the "single extenders" to speak of? I assume you are using G-series cams and that is the external 6-D battery CuddePower (#3358) accessory?
I would like to know the same thing and what type of batteries were used. If it was the 3358, what the temperature were. I'm in southern middle TN and my batteries didn't have to deal with extreme cold as up north, and they averaged lasting 17 days.

if you add the 3358 cuddepower to the G series you should expect 120 days or more in normal temps i have several that made it 180 days.Im in northeast wi and had G's last 90 days and were still going thru below zero temps.
Very soon we will have an adapter cord that will allow the #3358 to be used with the J series which should do same for battery life on those.
Curious to know what your settings were that you only averaged 17 days on the G with the internal 4 d's? and what batteries you used as well, this is not representative to what i have seen from reports in the field and from my own use.

Looks like I'll have to bring one of my G series to the house and call Cuddeback. I've had problems before with this camera just taking pictures over and over all day and night like it's in surveillance mode and then it just works fine. Yesterday it took pictures for 18 hours straight but with a new twist. Every other picture during the day was black and white and the next was color. It's been a couple weeks since it last acted up and I was hoping it was a fluke but since I'm getting ready to activate a cell plan I really don't want one camera trying to send 1000 pictures a day.

Any word on when they will be releasing the new battery systems I'm holding off doing anything until I see whats coming.

Any word on when they will be releasing the new battery systems I'm holding off doing anything until I see whats coming.
dual power bank set to arrive sometime in august, adapter cord for 3358 hopefully sooner than that.

dual power bank set to arrive sometime in august, adapter cord for 3358 hopefully sooner than that.

John,

Question for you....I have 10 G series cameras and they all are set to 5 sec delay between images, however they only seem to be taking images on average every 3 - 9 minutes. I know the deer are standing in the same location the whole time so I would expect several pictures per minute not having minutes go by between images. They all have powerhouse modules in them and are set at various settings but mostly centered and far. Any ideas on what I can try to remedy this?

John,

Question for you....I have 10 G series cameras and they all are set to 5 sec delay between images, however they only seem to be taking images on average every 3 - 9 minutes. I know the deer are standing in the same location the whole time so I would expect several pictures per minute not having minutes go by between images. They all have powerhouse modules in them and are set at various settings but mostly centered and far. Any ideas on what I can try to remedy this?
im not sure how to trouble shoot this, its highly unlikely that all 10 cameras owned by one user all have the same issue. This particular issue,(camera image delay not working as directed) ive never heard of at all. If your image delay is set at 5 seconds and a deer is moving it should take a picture roughly every 5 seconds. Have you tried walking in front of these cameras yourself to test that any particular camera is not taking pics at the 5 second interval?
I would go thru your settings on each camera to make sure something isnt set incorrectly first. You can pm me for my number and if you have a camera in hand ill walk thru your settings with you. First, go to one of your cameras and walk past it at a 90 angle to make sure its triggering each time , you should be able to leave the LCD screen exposed and see it trigger while doing this. The type of module and flash intensity setting has nothing to do with the camera delay.

im not sure how to trouble shoot this, its highly unlikely that all 10 cameras owned by one user all have the same issue. This particular issue,(camera image delay not working as directed) ive never heard of at all. If your image delay is set at 5 seconds and a deer is moving it should take a picture roughly every 5 seconds. Have you tried walking in front of these cameras yourself to test that any particular camera is not taking pics at the 5 second interval?
I would go thru your settings on each camera to make sure something isnt set incorrectly first. You can pm me for my number and if you have a camera in hand ill walk thru your settings with you. First, go to one of your cameras and walk past it at a 90 angle to make sure its triggering each time , you should be able to leave the LCD screen exposed and see it trigger while doing this. The type of module and flash intensity setting has nothing to do with the camera delay.

Sorry if I didn't translate my message correctly. I don't think all of them are doing this...However I believe I can confidently say that I don't think any of them consistently take pictures every 5 seconds. As an example, this camera has the following settings. CL Delay = 5secs, CL Count = 250, Aspect = Full, Zone = Centered (Shutter is Up), IR Mode = Close (Camera is approx. 25 feet away from target), Image SZ = 5MP, Lapse SZ = 5 MP, D/Delay = 5 secs, D/image = 1, D/lapse = 24 hrs, N/Delay = 5 secs., N/Image = 1, N/Lapse = off.

Camera 4 -The first four pictures are (2) sets of consecutive images from that camera (Images 39 and 40).....In the first set find it hard to believe that deer stood still for 11 minutes and in the second set that it took 12 minutes for that deer to move. (Images 54 and 55)

Camera 7 - is also doing something similar if you look at pictures (2-5). These don't seem right. As I said I can show you other cameras that show similar behaviors if you want, but none of them seem to be getting images at a 5 second interval.

Attachments

• T__00039.JPG
    T__00039.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 26
  • T__00040.JPG
    T__00040.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 22
  • T__00054.JPG
    T__00054.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 20
  • T__00055.JPG
    T__00055.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 18
  • T__00002.JPG
    T__00002.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 18
  • T__00003.JPG
    T__00003.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 19
  • T__00004.JPG
    T__00004.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 17
  • T__00005.JPG
    T__00005.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 20
Sorry if I didn't translate my message correctly. I don't think all of them are doing this...However I believe I can confidently say that I don't think any of them consistently take pictures every 5 seconds. As an example, this camera has the following settings. CL Delay = 5secs, CL Count = 250, Aspect = Full, Zone = Centered (Shutter is Up), IR Mode = Close (Camera is approx. 25 feet away from target), Image SZ = 5MP, Lapse SZ = 5 MP, D/Delay = 5 secs, D/image = 1, D/lapse = 24 hrs, N/Delay = 5 secs., N/Image = 1, N/Lapse = off.

Camera 4 -The first four pictures are (2) sets of consecutive images from that camera (Images 39 and 40).....In the first set find it hard to believe that deer stood still for 11 minutes and in the second set that it took 12 minutes for that deer to move. (Images 54 and 55)

Camera 7 - is also doing something similar if you look at pictures (2-5). These don't seem right. As I said I can show you other cameras that show similar behaviors if you want, but none of them seem to be getting images at a 5 second interval.

Here's another sequence of pictures that I cant explain the timing....This is a good example of what it seems like most of my cameras are doing!

Attachments

• T__00011.JPG
    T__00011.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 31
  • T__00012.JPG
    T__00012.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 27
  • T__00013.JPG
    T__00013.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 26
  • T__00014.JPG
    T__00014.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 25
  • T__00015.JPG
    T__00015.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 29
  • T__00016.JPG
    T__00016.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 28
  • T__00017.JPG
    T__00017.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 24
  • T__00018.JPG
    T__00018.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 26

Should the day lapse be set to 24 hrs? I have it set to off both night and day on all my cameras.

Should the day lapse be set to 24 hrs? I have it set to off both night and day on all my cameras.

I like to have my cameras send 1 image back everyday at the same time so I know they are working and no one has stolen it!

I like to have my cameras send 1 image back everyday at the same time so I know they are working and no one has stolen it!
That's a good idea. I never thought of that.

First step is to test the suspect cameras when you are there by walking in front of them at a 90 degree angle . With animals there are to many variables and to make assumptions based on that won’t tell you much or tell you if you have an issue with a particular camera. Without confirming what is going on I can’t just throw ideas out with the hope that a solution fixes it. Please take any other questions of this to pm or personally email me. As I stated earlier I don’t want to fill up the forum with this type of thing.

After you test this camera by walking in front of it , try lowering it on the tree when you reset it.

First step is to test the suspect cameras when you are there by walking in front of them at a 90 degree angle . With animals there are to many variables and to make assumptions based on that won’t tell you much or tell you if you have an issue with a particular camera. Without confirming what is going on I can’t just throw ideas out with the hope that a solution fixes it. Please take any other questions of this to pm or personally email me. As I stated earlier I don’t want to fill up the forum with this type of thing.

Sorry I didn't know I was doing anything wrong! I though that was what this forum was for......

I had already attached these files so this will be the last one I send.....

Attachments

• T__00005.JPG
    T__00005.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 18
  • T__00006.JPG
    T__00006.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 17
  • T__00007.JPG
    T__00007.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 17
  • T__00008.JPG
    T__00008.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 19
Sorry I didn't know I was doing anything wrong! I though that was what this forum was for......
You did Nothing wrong but trouble shooting is not something I want to fill the forum up with . I have no problem giving recommendations or answering general questions on cuddelink and what it can or cannot do on the forum. Trouble shooting via this forum will open a can of worms I’m trying to avoid. I monitor this forum in addition to my job , not as part of it. Send me a pm or call our cs department if you feel you have a defective camera. Most but not all issues are a result of incorrect settings or incorrect deployment, if something is defective in a particular camera we want to get it replaced or fixed and back to you ASAP. This forum will not speed up that process. Only calling cs direct at cuddeback will do that.