All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

That’s what I was asking. I have some set the same way. I was questioning that because when I had them set the same 5/5. I had images that wouldn’t send back. How frequent are your other cameras being triggered? I’m just trying to rule out a network load issue. My current setup is 7 camera’s and all seem to work fine. They should be atleast queued up, which sounds like it isn’t happening. Could it be a memory card that isn’t playing nice? I have had cards do some stupid things before.

Camera delay on all cameras is 10 seconds and disseminates is 10 seconds on all of them (I believe) I will double check, which means I have to walk in there, which I bought these cameras to avoid doing :-)

maybe the card, but 2 cameras at the same time?

That’s what I was asking. I have some set the same way. I was questioning that because when I had them set the same 5/5. I had images that wouldn’t send back. How frequent are your other cameras being triggered? I’m just trying to rule out a network load issue. My current setup is 7 camera’s and all seem to work fine. They should be atleast queued up, which sounds like it isn’t happening. Could it be a memory card that isn’t playing nice? I have had cards do some stupid things before.
As Peplin Creek states- this is correct, look at the network as a highway, if too many cars get on the highway at once you get a traffic jam. There are a lot of variables to consider , how many links, images being sent distance etc. If you only have 6 cams out with an average amount of pics and the delays are correct all images should get home.

Camera delay on all cameras is 10 seconds and disseminates is 10 seconds on all of them (I believe) I will double check, which means I have to walk in there, which I bought these cameras to avoid doing :-)

maybe the card, but 2 cameras at the same time?
if you want to avoid walking in there , post the latest HTML report and status for the cameras you dont think are sending when you get to the computer. I would also test them at home outside before you deploy them.

I believe the default for the cuddelink delay is 5 seconds and I never change it I believe all cameras are 3 burst and 10 second delay! I get an average on any one camera about 20 pictures a week !

I will post them tommorow morning

I bought these in March....any chance the firmware needs to be updated already?

very unlikely this is whats going on, i sent you a pm with my email and number.

Thanks John and Peplin for your help....here are the images of the Cuddelink html and the status jpgs for each camera. Any help would be appreciated.

1525177669607.png

1525177690288.png

If I'm interpreting that first report correctly, you have 6 G models deployed (3 PowerHouse black and 3 PowerHouse red), all with v.6.0.0 firmware. I updated mine to v.6.7.0 firmware and it took care of an unrelated gremlin or two that were haunting me... maybe you should do that first? CS can email the update to you or if you PM me, I can email it.

Thanks Fred....You are exactly correct about your interpretation of my report. I will update my firmware the next time I am out to camp. I am assuming I can't update all the cameras from the home camera and I have to go to each camera to do this, correct? These cameras are brand new and I hope I don't have to do this every two months. It kind of depletes my main purpose of buying these, which was to not have to visit my cameras.

Can you give me instructions on how to do the firmware upgrade? I think I know how, but and can't hurt to get a second opinion.

Thanks Fred....You are exactly correct about your interpretation of my report. I will update my firmware the next time I am out to camp. I am assuming I can't update all the cameras from the home camera and I have to go to each camera to do this, correct? These cameras are brand new and I hope I don't have to do this every two months. It kind of depletes my main purpose of buying these, which was to not have to visit my cameras.

Can you give me instructions on how to do the firmware upgrade? I think I know how, but and can't hurt to get a second opinion.
go to commands, hit more button until load firmware appears then hit up or down button on right, it will take a bit to load , yes you have to go to each camera to load the firmware. loading new firmware updates isnt necessary as soon as they come available , as a general rule i suggest updating them when you clear the remote camera cards or when you change batteries.

I was going through some files and have found that if you set the camera up for 3 burst images per event, that only image a gets sent back to the home camera. I am not sure why this is, but is there a CL Delay/image delay setting that will allow all three pictures to get sent back? I only get about 3 - 10 triggers per day/camera, so I am not worried about creating any traffic jams. Also, all cameras have 10 D batteries (booster pack/plus camera), and 32GB cards, so power and storage should also not be a problem.

Wonder why problem cams 005 and 006 have nearly 400 MB less SD free space than the other four? Were those two cards formatted in-camera before deploying to get rid of any extraneous data on them?

Wonder why problem cams 005 and 006 have nearly 400 MB less SD free space than the other four? Were those two cards formatted in-camera before deploying to get rid of any extraneous data on them?

The cards were erased but not formatted. These are all 16GB cards. (I think I said 32 before) Can I format them with a camera that hasn't been deployed yet and then put them in or do I need to format them in each camera? I am going out this weekend to check all my settings and upload the new firmware so I can take care of it all then if I need to go to each camera to format the cards, but it would be easier if I could use an undeployed camera to format 6 cards before I went out. Do all cards need to formatted? I just simply erase them and reuse them and have been doing this for years, but not with these particular cameras.

I also had a question about uploading firmware on an already deployed network...Is there any issue with them reconnecting after a firmware update. Anything I need to be aware of....I am assuming I don't power them off and just go to firmware update and update it and then rearm the camera, but wont to make sure I do it right and not have to go to each individual camera again next week.

Thanks everyone for your input...

Just as a matter of habit I format the SD card each time I put one in the camera (assuming I don't want to keep any pics that are on it)... Commands => Clear. While it might be overkill, it only takes 10 seconds or so and gives you peace of mind knowing that the card is empty, freshly formatted and working properly. If the contacts need cleaning, the card isn't seated fully or the card is getting sketchy, you will get an EC 10 error code and know to clean the contacts, re-seat it or not use it at all. But if it reports back 9999 MB (display limitation) after formatting you know for sure you're good to go.

I do know for sure that none of the camera settings change when you update the firmware, but I've never updated a linked camera to know for sure that the link settings are also retained. Hopefully John can answer that part for you.

I've had my J and G cameras for about 24 hours now so I'm not nearly as far advanced as the rest of you posting. Few questions, is it ok that I have my remote set at CL 5 second delay and 30 second actual trigge delay? Will all pics come through still? I could see it being a problem the other way around.

Will using "CLEAR" formate the SD card?

RF is signal correct? Is it normal to read 254 for the home camer? (J series).

If it has a 5mp sensor does the quality go up at all set to 20mp? I don't see one bit of difference even zoomed.

Also I have my J set to narrow but it triggers so fast that I get my leg and foot with a brisk walk by it's so quick. Seems like my pic are anything but centered when I do a walk by. My remote cam (G series) is set on wide with the PIR slide set on wide also. I've got 4 total deer pics on that one. One is a blank 3 minute before the deer comes and another is a deer 1/2 in the frame and 2 from yesterday are centered but it's the deer already stopped at the salt rock that's in the center of the pic. Better than being slow but I almost need to set it for more pics per trigger. I might end up setting that camera to narrow.

Last edited:
I've had my J and G cameras for about 24 hours now so I'm not nearly as far advanced as the rest of you posting. Few questions, is it ok that I have my remote set at CL 5 second delay and 30 second actual trigge delay? Will all pics come through still? I could see it being a problem the other way around.

RF is signal correct? Is it normal to read 247 for the home camer? (J series).

If it has a 5mp sensor does the quality go up at all set to 20mp?

Also I have my J set to narrow but it triggers so fast that I get my leg and foot with a brisk walk by it's so quick. Seems like my pic are anything but centered when I do a walk by. My remote cam (G series) is set on wide with the PIR slide set on wide also. I've got 4 total deer pics on that one. One is a blank 3 minute before the deer comes and another is a deer 1/2 in the frame and 2 from yesterday are centered but it's the deer already stopped at the salt rock that's in the center of the pic. Better than being slow but I almost need to set it for more pics per trigger. I might end up setting that camera to narrow.

Just wanted to add I just pulled my home card and had 3 more pics of a deer on the remote right after I posted. All 3 pics were centered.

RF is signal correct? Is it normal to read 254 for the home camer? (J series).

If it has a 5mp sensor does the quality go up at all set to 20mp? I don't see one bit of difference even zoomed.

Huntingbuck,

This is why I have my cameras set to 3 burst....I was getting pictures with the animals just entering the frame, so I wanted three of each trigger. I am not setting any cameras up over bait and all but one camera is on a trail, so my picture count is extremely low (Probably 30 pictures a day using 6 cameras - each camera might see two events a day on average). However, I'm not sure why but only the first picture (picture A) of each event is transferred back to the home camera. I have the cameras set to a 10 second trigger delay and 5 second CL Delay, and three burst per event. I am going to go out and change them all to a single picture per event because there is no reason to put all the images on the SD card if I can get all 3 images (A,B,C) back to the home camera. I would really like to leave it in burst mode because I like the extra pictures, but cant figure out how to get ALL the images back home. I might call Cuddeback CS today and discuss this...if I do I will let you know what they say.

Long time follower/reader but just registered to post on this topic.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the burst will take them immediately regardless of trigger delay. If that's true, the first picture is still the only one that gets transmitted over the link.